Bay Lake tower 1 bedroom villa lake view vs standard view

We had a standard view facing the Contemporary in Jan, and we loved it! It was really special sitting on the balcony drinking our coffee with a view of the Contemporary every morning.

We just stayed in a lake view and the extra points were worth it in my opinion. 12th floor with MK to the left of the balcony.

Are the extra points worth it for the view? Opinions welcome..
I don’t think the points are worth the view, but that’s never the decision I’m making. Often, the Theme Park view and Standard view rooms are fully booked. So, they question often comes down to, are the extra points for Lake view worth it to get a room at BLT versus staying at a different resort? If Standard viewnis available, I’d always pick that.

We have had both views. The problem with lake view is that you could end up with a view of the other side of the building since it is shaped like a "C". And you might need to step out onto your balcony to see the lake at all. We like a view and enjoy sitting on the balcony. And we enjoy watching the fireworks from the room or balcony so at BLT we go with theme park view for our studio. However if we are bring family, lake view is the way we go because we need 2 bedroom(s) for them. We ask for an even numbered room hoping for a marina view.

We have had both views. The problem with lake view is that you could end up with a view of the other side of the building since it is shaped like a "C". And you might need to step out onto your balcony to see the lake at all. We like a view and enjoy sitting on the balcony. And we enjoy watching the fireworks from the room or balcony so at BLT we go with theme park view for our studio. However if we are bring family, lake view is the way we go because we need 2 bedroom(s) for them. We ask for an even numbered room hoping for a marina view.
So are you saying that 'Lake view' doesn't always mean you have a view of the Lake??

So are you saying that 'Lake view' doesn't always mean you have a view of the Lake??

Like other resorts you may have to be on your balcony to see the lake. At VB for our ocean view we had to be on the balcony and look through some bushes.

:earsboy: Bill

I was definitely saying what Bill said. You might get a room where you have to go out on the the balcony to see the lake. I prefer rooms that I can see some sort of view while in the room, even if I have stand up to see over the balcony railing/wall.

We were really disappointed in our 2 bedroom Lake view. We were on the 3rd floor right above where you walk out from the lobby on the inside of the C. All you could see were the bamboo trees! I wouldn't have normally cared about the view but the point difference between Standard and LV was a good jump and it felt like I completely wasted those points. I'll see if I can dig up old pictures and room numbers...

ETA:Looking at pictures I just realized how much more of an Ocean View we had from our Garden View room at Aulani than our Lake View at BLT :rotfl2:

Last edited:
The view from the 2nd bedroom balcony:
20160910_105130.jpg

The view from the living room (notice the fogged over glass in the 2nd pane?)
20160910_105228.jpg

View from master balcony
20160910_105039.jpg

Isn't this room a standard view room? It should be.

Unfortunately, no it isn't. Unless they categorized it differently in the last 2 years. I tried making that point with the front desk and member services on the phone when I got home :headache:. I am terrible at being a squeaky wheel.

That was my first hard lesson in using our DVC. Booked Lake View, requested high floor on the outer C, and I totally planned on "wowing" my family and strolling into our Lake View villa like "pixiedust:See! THIS is why we bought DVC!" since I was so insistent we buy in. Instead we were on the 3rd floor, inner C, had a tree view, the windows were gassed up, and the furnishings and appliances were all dinged, dented, and chipped. I forgave BLT later than night when walking to MK though.

Don't get me wrong--I have no regrets at all and we are perpetually out of points but it for sure wasn't what I thought it was going to be.

The lake view is worth it in my opinion...just as long as you can get an upper floor. The sunrise in the morning is spectacular and if you are not really into that...the views are amazing of the lake and Orlando once you wake up ; )

GET A DISNEY VACATION QUOTE

Dreams Unlimited Travel is committed to providing you with the very best vacation planning experience possible. Our Vacation Planners are experts and will share their honest advice to help you have a magical vacation.

Let us help you with your next Disney Vacation!