*** Bay Lake Tower Owners Group***

Discussion in 'DVC Resorts' started by thelionqueen, Dec 7, 2008.

1. sleepydog25

sleepydog25 Been here awhile

Well put! Though we don't own there, we do enjoy BLT quite a bit. As you say, the decor isn't my favorite, although we do appreciate the sleek, clean lines which rather fit the overall "theme" of CR. Convenience is a huge factor when we stay there. We love walking to MK, being able to hop on the monorail, and, of course, the convenience of the in-resort restaurants and shopping. Love the extra bathrooms, too!

2. Sammyjo199

Sammyjo199 Mouseketeer

Can you use the stairs at blt or do you have to use the elevators

3. Avatar

DIS Sponsor Disney Vacation Club Resales www.dvcstore.com

4. thelionqueen

thelionqueen DIS Veteran

You can use the stairs

5. MickeyReeds

MickeyReeds Mouseketeer

So excited that we will be closing on our first DVC property and becoming members at BLT in June! Contract finally passed ROFR on Monday!!

6. MrsBlovesDisney

MrsBlovesDisney DIS Veteran

Congrats!!! And Welcome to the Club!! :welcome:

MickeyReeds likes this.
  7. Gryhndmom

Gryhndmom Can't I just live at Disney ?

Welcome to the family!:welcome:

MickeyReeds likes this.
  8. Stigsmom

Stigsmom Mouseketeer

We’ll be there in 4 weeks!!

A couple questions: are there shampoo/conditioner dispensers installed in the studio bathrooms here? Trying to plan for toiletries.

Also: is there any benefit to online check in? We have 2 studios for 2 parties traveling together.

We are all really disappointed about the conversion of the contemporary arcade, but still getting excited for the trip.

9. ChrisNY2

ChrisNY2 DIS Veteran

I love online checkin because I can go directly to my room. For some reason, stopping at the checkin desk seems to take forever!

10. DenLo

DenLo DIS Veteran

We could not enter from the outside to the stairs. Also some of the stairs bring you outside to unusual out of the way places.

11. Lori Duck

Lori Duck Earning My Ears

Finally coming next month! First time owning BLT. DS/Mom graduation/bigBday trip. Any suggestions for resort fun?

princessfionasmom likes this.
  12. princessfionasmom

princessfionasmom DIS Veteran

I think they are all fun for different reasons. I love BLT for the walk to MK and being on the monorail. I love BCV and BWV for the board walks area and walking to two parks. I also like SSR & OKW for proximity to DS. So it guess it depends on what you’re looking to do for fun. We’re staying at PVB in 10 days, I love its theming, the monorail to MK or just walk around the corner and hop onto EPCOT monorail. The food at PVB is great too and we love the pool. My kids also love renting the little boats and going out on the water. We also love BRV/CCV for being outside and taking walks, we love geyser point for food and drinks. It’s never an easy choice but that’s the joy of owning DVC, you know there will be a next time. Have fun!!

13. MikeRa

MikeRa Disney Vacation Club Veteran

Me and my family will be staying at Bay Lake Tower in July. Will be visiting Magic Kingdom and Gatorland.

14. ajjonesehc

ajjonesehc Mouseketeer DVC Gold

I’m glad someone resurrected this old thread. Seems like other resorts get lots of love and BLT doesn’t on these boards. We love BLT and will be spending July 4th there this year. It’s also where we own the bulk of our vacation points.

Spork24 likes this.
  15. LAX

LAX DIS Veteran

I think still better than SSR!:D

LAX

16. MickeyMinnieMom

MickeyMinnieMom If you ticket it, they will come... ;)

BLT is THE BEST. Come on -- walkable to MK!?!? People don't know what they're missing, which suits me just fine. :)

Last edited: Apr 9, 2019
    ajjonesehc likes this.
  17. Ecstatic Eeyore

Ecstatic Eeyore Earning My Ears

I’m glad to see the BLT love. I have been a proud owner since it opened in 2009. Recently bought a resale to add on to my existing points. We used to get by on booking one bedrooms but now that there are more little ones in the family we need the extra space. I know BLT gets a bad rap for theming, but when you need to push a toddler back to the resort after a day at the magic kingdom you thank your lucky stars it’s so close. Not to mention, no matter your age, everyone is happy when it’s a short walk rather than the long lines to get on some type of transportation to leave the park.

Also, top of the world lounge is amazing.

Spork24 and Bellecruiser like this.
  18. Bellecruiser

Bellecruiser DIS Veteran

We stayed at BLT last February. We really enjoyed it. Unlike previous times, we had a room on the first floor so we had a little patio facing the plaza in back of the Contemporary Hotel. It was a great location even if we couldn’t see the MK.

19. pirate33

pirate33 Earning My Ears

We are at BLT now. Love it as always. This time we have the best view we have ever received—on the 11th Floor, facing directly at the castle. Clear view of the castle, part of new Fantasyland, etc. and great fireworks view.

There is a note from the manager stating that there will be exterior painting work and to be careful about leaving personal items on the balconies. I see no evidence of such work, nor mention of it here, but we arrived on Saturday and today is Sunday. Also it has been pouring off and on today so painting would have been impossible.

Spork24 likes this.
  20. Spork24

Spork24 Mr. Blue Bird on my shoulder

We own all of our DVC points at BLT. We bought our first points in 2012 (resale) and bought another resale in 2017. I couldn’t imagine wanting to own anywhere else. I actually love the theme and the location and views are the best in WDW!

montrealdisneylovers likes this.
  21. bobbiwoz

bobbiwoz I'm happy to dance with you!

You can usually find us at BLT on July 3, and December 30 when you have to stay at BLT TO SEE MK fireworks from TOTWL! I like BLT a lot, but not the pool, I don’t think it’s adequate for the size of the resort. We usually go to a water park when we stay at BLT.

We own a 100 point contract there, and they all are used at BLT. We bought resale, and I think they are the only points we have that have restrictions. We paid $100 a point maybe, and I worried we overpaid.:rotfl2:

Last edited: Apr 15, 2019 at 5:04 PM
    Bellecruiser and KAT4DISNEY like this.