Bay Lake Tower View

Gary Carter

GrryC
I have been surprised to see availability in Bay Lake studios a week we are planning to go in July. We have a standard view room booked that I got right at the 7 month mark. I have been wondering, is it worth it to upgrade to the lake view? We are mainly staying there for its location, so a standard view would be fine. I have seen pictures on touring plans and some of the lake view rooms are breathtaking, but some are not; and for the point difference I dont want to be disappointed. For the point cost, we are not interested in a MK view room.

Is the upgrade worth it? Are there any rooms or floors to avoid?

Thanks in advance!

We are big fans of the standard view! We’ve stayed in LV before and the gamble is that you can get the equivalent of an almost TPV for the price of LV.

With a standard view, the highest floor will be 4 or 5. We were on the 2nd floor last time and it was fine - our view of the parking lot was blocked by trees, but the fireworks exploded above the trees.

I think the difference is with standard view, we don’t have any expectations. So we are pretty happy with what we get and are usually pleasantly surprised (since we expect a parking lot view, lol)

Another plus is being able to take the stairs if you don’t want to wait for the elevator. Unless you’ve got a stroller or scooter.

3CD29871-7C95-4FB9-BF84-632794EF0BDB.jpeg CF3938BE-1216-42F3-857A-58BF073CD95B.jpeg 78AA312B-4523-407E-B197-EAFBCACD243D.jpeg C95A7049-59A3-4B06-BCB7-E5FC70280124.jpeg 3CD29871-7C95-4FB9-BF84-632794EF0BDB.jpeg CF3938BE-1216-42F3-857A-58BF073CD95B.jpeg 78AA312B-4523-407E-B197-EAFBCACD243D.jpeg C95A7049-59A3-4B06-BCB7-E5FC70280124.jpeg Just came back today from an eight night stay at BLT LV studio. We always put our request in through TPs and always the exact room, this time, we got the room next door (the room I requested was taken).

I booked LV and although I know its a request, I made one for one end of LV/beginning of TP. I can book a lake view hotel room any time, but can only see the monorail, Cindys Castle, Space Mountain, and Fireworks only at Disney so that was my request. Beow are my lictures. MK was to our left and LV on right.

View attachment 375123 View attachment 375124 View attachment 375125 View attachment 375126 View attachment 375123 View attachment 375124 View attachment 375125 View attachment 375126 Just came back today from an eight night stay at BLT LV studio. We always put our request in through TPs and always the exact room, this time, we got the room next door (the room I requested was taken).

I booked LV and although I know its a request, I made one for one end of LV/beginning of TP. I can book a lake view hotel room any time, but can only see the monorail, Cindys Castle, Space Mountain, and Fireworks only at Disney so that was my request. Beow are my lictures. MK was to our left and LV on right.

what's the number of the LV studio you requested?

I think my room was 8106. Requested 8108 I think. I have to look at my notes, which are at work. But I sent through TPs which had a more specific request.

Me and my family always request LV for the top floors, and we got for out trip the 16th Floor. Currently looking out to the lake
WIN_20190716_110112.JPG

I'd stick with the standard view. We've stayed in a standard view 2BR 4 times and have been able to see the fireworks each time. Many stantard views actually have relatively good views. Save the points!

Just came back today from an eight night stay at BLT LV studio. We always put our request in through TPs and always the exact room, this time, we got the room next door (the room I requested was taken).

What do you mean by, "We always put our request in through TPs"

It depends. Do you like to spend a lot of time looking out the window? We don't, so I wouldn't spend extra points on a view. Since you'll be at BLT, you can go to the Top of the World and look at some great views and get some good pictures.

It really depends. 9 times out of 10 we end up 2nd floor facing the inward area. It's not a view at all. Lake view can be all over the place. We once got top floor center ring. Was fantastic views and the electric water parade were great. we've also had outside ring where on the balcony you could see fireworks. If you are like me and like to sit out and drink your morning coffee and enjoy the sites....lake view is great.....and if you are like the cheapskate other side of me....you save the points. All depends on what kind of trip we're planning.

View attachment 375123

What Floor is that?

I've done the "lake view and hope it turns out to be a partial MK view", the weird room request included (I forget exactly but it was something like "north tower even-numbered room please") -- and we still just ended up looking at the pool and, mostly, the other side of the tower. Can't imagine that a standard view wouldn't be at least as nice. I'd stick with what you have.

We’ve been fortunate with lake view units with bonus MK views. One was #7812, a one bedroom lock off. We loved it; we got the best of both worlds. We also had a view of the tennis courts below us, but we could watch the fireworks clearly. We were lucky; our only request had been an outer room on a high floor.445843

Last edited:
We’ve been fortunate with lake view units with bonus MK views. One was #7812, a one bedroom lock off. We loved it; we got the best of both worlds. We also had a view of the tennis courts below us, but we could watch the fireworks clearly. We were lucky; our only request had been an outer room on a high floor.
445837FB8DD4AF-1F17-430D-9CB4-A77605219100.jpeg

GET A DISNEY VACATION QUOTE

Dreams Unlimited Travel is committed to providing you with the very best vacation planning experience possible. Our Vacation Planners are experts and will share their honest advice to help you have a magical vacation.

Let us help you with your next Disney Vacation!