Baylake Towers Studio

Disneytrippin'

DIS Veteran
Hello everybody,

I understand the studio rooms at Baylake are pretty small. I am torn because we are doing a split stay. We are going to bring my daughter and her husband. I have enough points to cover a studio size room at Baylake for a week of that split stay. We are quite literally never in our room and this will be our first time using our points at our home resort. I keep hearing how small the studio rooms are but, I don't see how it is worth bumping up to a 1 bedroom if we only stay in our room long enough to get ready to go to the parks and then to come back and sleep. Thoughts?

Julie

Will you daughter and Son-in-law fit on a double bed? Is this a split stay of 2, 1 week stays? I would reduce the time and increase the size of the unit to more enjoy the trip.

I have enough points to cover a studio size room at Baylake for a week of that split stay.
How long is your trip if you are doing one week in a BLT studio? Are you staying at WDW longer than a week? I'm only asking because if your stay is really long then having a 1BR for a portion or the middle part of your trip can be helpful to have the laundry access in your room.

We did this in April where we did a 10 day trip - first 3 nights in a poly studio, 4 night AK 2BR, then we went to Universal for 3 night -- so it was a blessing to have laundry easily accessible for the middle of our trip.

you could do the first few days in a studio then move to a 1BR to make use of laundry -- it would also be good to check out the different rooms and room sizes so that you know for future trip planning.

Will you daughter and Son-in-law fit on a double bed? Is this a split stay of 2, 1 week stays? I would reduce the time and increase the size of the unit to more enjoy the trip.
They can make it work if need be. I was just wanting opinions on whether or not it is doable if need be.

How long is your trip if you are doing one week in a BLT studio? Are you staying at WDW longer than a week? I'm only asking because if your stay is really long then having a 1BR for a portion or the middle part of your trip can be helpful to have the laundry access in your room.

We did this in April where we did a 10 day trip - first 3 nights in a poly studio, 4 night AK 2BR, then we went to Universal for 3 night -- so it was a blessing to have laundry easily accessible for the middle of our trip.

you could do the first few days in a studio then move to a 1BR to make use of laundry -- it would also be good to check out the different rooms and room sizes so that you know for future trip planning.
Our trip is 10 nights splitting up between 2 resorts.

The BLT studios really are small. You can see a video on You Tube. You say " **we** are bringing our daughter and her husband"...so does that mean you would have 4 adults in there? My husband would not feel comfortable in a tiny room with my parents / mom / dad... :) If needed, Id put them in a hotel off site some where to sleep but list them on your reservation so they could have on site benefits...or book the 1 BR if you have the points.

Hello everybody,

I understand the studio rooms at Baylake are pretty small. I am torn because we are doing a split stay. We are going to bring my daughter and her husband. I have enough points to cover a studio size room at Baylake for a week of that split stay. We are quite literally never in our room and this will be our first time using our points at our home resort. I keep hearing how small the studio rooms are but, I don't see how it is worth bumping up to a 1 bedroom if we only stay in our room long enough to get ready to go to the parks and then to come back and sleep. Thoughts?

Julie
BLT is not the issue. Four adults sharing a sleeping space and one bathroom for an entire week is enough for me to say no way. I would never share a studio with 3 other adults unless I was related to all 3 of them. And even then, I would only be able to tolerate it for a night or two, no matter how much I love them.

You can reach from the queen bed to the double sleeper sofa without getting out of bed. Four adults in one tiny room might make for a tense vacation. I'd get two studios. You could always pay for 24 one time use points to get you more points. OKW studios tend to be cheaper pointwise. And you get two real queen sized beds in an OKW studio.

I keep hearing how small the studio rooms are but, I don't see how it is worth bumping up to a 1 bedroom if we only stay in our room long enough to get ready to go to the parks and then to come back and sleep. Thoughts?

Does anyone snore? Does anyone stay up late enough that it would disturb the others? Does anyone wake up early enough that it would disturb the others?

I'm assuming you are fond of the daughter & son in law or this wouldn't even be under consideration. But imagine the couple was forced to move into your home for a couple weeks. Would everyone be comfortable with them sleeping on an air mattress in your master bedroom for 10 nights straight?

Does anyone snore? Does anyone stay up late enough that it would disturb the others? Does anyone wake up early enough that it would disturb the others?

I'm assuming you are fond of the daughter & son in law or this wouldn't even be under consideration. But imagine the couple was forced to move into your home for a couple weeks. Would everyone be comfortable with them sleeping on an air mattress in your master bedroom for 10 nights straight?
good one, Tim

And do you all feel comfortable leaving the bathroom door cracked, so everyone else can hear you using the facilities?

Hello everybody,

Julie

Hi Julie!
I totally get your concerns. BLT studios are significantly smaller then say for example Poly studios.
how many night are you spending there?

also you can go on this here and look at virtual tours of the different accommodations which also might help you decide on what is best.
https://www.dvcrequest.com/dvc-resort-tours.asp

but at the same time if you are at the parks all day open to close then maybe it would be best saving those points instead of using them on a room you might barley be in.

You know, when we travel, we most often have 2 hotel rooms, sleeping 4 adults each (sometimes 3 adults and a child), or two studios, sleeping 5 adults or 4 adults and a child. We do this about 6 times a year. Sometimes we will get a 2 bedroom or even a 3 bedroom, like we did on a recent trip to Disneyland. But mostly, it is just ALL of us together, ALL the time. We also try to get connecting rooms whenever possible. So what. We have 1 or 2 (sometimes) prima donnas, and we don't always all like each other COMPLETELY, but, again, so what. We are adults. We deal with it just fine. Though maybe part of it is that we usually only have up to 3 adult men, total, in the group, and often just one or two, so maybe that helps. I don't know. But, anyway, I don't see what the big deal is. If I want to stretch out and relax, I will get a 2 or 3 bedroom or a condo somewhere. If all I'm doing is traveling or going to Disney World or Disney Land, then all I really need the room for is sleeping.

Our next trip in October will be Loews Royal Pacific at Universal, where we will have a Family Suite and a smaller room, but there will be 11 of us there, including 4 men (so it kind of breaks the mold), and then 1 of the 4 men will be going home and the rest of us are moving to 2 Studios at Polynesian. I don't forsee any problems at all.

We also have trips to stay in 2 Studios at Boardwalk and 2 Studios at BLT during the next 6 to 11 months. I guess we aren't really bothered by smaller rooms.

Last edited:
You know, when we travel, we most often have 2 hotel rooms, sleeping 4 adults each (sometimes 3 adults and a child), or two studios, sleeping 5 adults or 4 adults and a child. We do this about 6 times a year. Sometimes we will get a 2 bedroom or even a 3 bedroom, like we did on a recent trip to Disneyland. But mostly, it is just ALL of us together, ALL the time. We also try to get connecting rooms whenever possible. So what. We have 1 or 2 (sometimes) prima donnas, and we don't always all like each other COMPLETELY, but, again, so what. We are adults. We deal with it just fine. Though maybe part of it is that we usually only have up to 3 adult men, total, in the group, and often just one or two, so maybe that helps. I don't know. But, anyway, I don't see what the big deal is. If I want to stretch out and relax, I will get a 2 or 3 bedroom or a condo somewhere. If all I'm doing is traveling or going to Disney World or Disney Land, then all I really need the room for is sleeping.

Our next trip in October will be Loews Royal Pacific at Universal, where we will have a Family Suite and a smaller room, but there will be 11 of us there, including 4 men (so it kind of breaks the mold), and then 1 of the 4 men will be going home and the rest of us are moving to 2 Studios at Polynesian. I don't forsee any problems at all.

We also have trips to stay in 2 Studios at Boardwalk and 2 Studios at BLT during the next 6 to 11 months. I guess we aren't really bothered by smaller rooms.
Sorry, but that sounds just awful to me. We get a one bedroom villa for the two of us.

BLT is a great resort and we love it. Yes the rooms are small, but we feel as though they are some the best laid out studios on property. There are lots of drawers and cabinet space. The kitchenette is completely separate from the rest of the room, which makes the rooms seem larger to us. You did't say where you are staying for the other part of the split stay. If it is a studio then you will probably not notice a whole lot of difference. 4 adults in a studio is 4 adults in a studio. Walking to the MK is well worth the smaller room.

Just remember to tie a sock around the door handle when you need some private time.

I’d never ever do that. No privacy at all. One bathroom and one place to change, clean up, brush teeth etc. I don’t care how close you are. I won’t stay 4 women in a room let alone couples. Good luck.

It’s doable, but you wouldn’t want to do it with someone like me! I sleep very little ( as you can see I’m posting this at 4am), play with my media when I can’t , I have coffee very early (in a one/two bedroom, the coffee pot sleeps with me, and when I do sleep, apparently I sometimes snore (as recorded by my son). And of course everyone needs bathroom time, some more than others. I’ve done 4 in a studio, once and I was miserable! But many can and enjoy it, so doable, that’s up to you!

We checked into BLT with our 2 kids and walked into the room and said no way. We called member services and they moved us. I honestly think we had more room at the all stars. Once that pull out is out, you can’t even walk. Plus, 2 adults on that pull out would not be comfortable at all, and the main point was it was a place to sleep.

Honestly, I'd much rather stay in a tent at FW than share a studio (at any resort) with three other adults. Even if it is just to shower and sleep. Get two studios, or rent out the points and book two rooms at a moderate.

You bought DVC to have access to more comfortable lodging, right? This isn't going to be comfortable for anyone. I know you're trying to do a kindness for your daughter and her husband by inviting them along and letting them share a room with you, and that's very generous of you. But have you asked them if they'd be OK with sleeping on a sofa bed for a week in a room with one bathroom, that's so small there's no way to get up and walk around once the sofa bed is open? They may prefer to pay for their own room. I would.

GET A DISNEY VACATION QUOTE

Dreams Unlimited Travel is committed to providing you with the very best vacation planning experience possible. Our Vacation Planners are experts and will share their honest advice to help you have a magical vacation.

Let us help you with your next Disney Vacation!

facebook twitter