Baymax-sized @ Disney & Universal

Spellblader

Earning My Ears
My family and I are heading down to Disney and Universal in January. I have been doing most of the trip planning, and have seen a lot of the Pooh-sized posts and information regarding rides. However, I have to take all of that information with a grain of salt because I know that a lot of it is based upon how you are shaped. Most of the posts are people who are Pooh-sized, and possibly on the shorter end, or when they are as tall as me, they don't usually seem to have the same size around the waist that I do. For reference, I am 6'5", about 475lbs, with around a 50" waist. I already know that I will likely not fit on Expedition Everest, Space Mountain, and probably Flight of Passage. Additionally, I expect not to be able to ride an of the Harry Potter rides at Universal, or the Incredible Hulk Coaster. Are there any other Baymax-sized people (or friends/family of your large and friendly healthcare companions :P) who can offer advice, things to look out for, etc.? I have heard the cast members can be very helpful in trying to seat you in the best-fit seat. My plan is to go up at the start of the line for each ride and ask if there is a test seat, or special accommodations that might work best for me. Any advice at all is greatly appreciated!

I am "pooh sized" as I like to call it. I am 5'4" about 340lbs and the only things I have had trouble with at WDW are the mine train and astro orbiter. My knees fit under the lap bar for mine train, but barely and it HURT! I have never tried FoP as I was injured last time we were there and there was no way I was swinging my leg over a bike. I am thinking that one will be iffy for me. Based on my experiences I would say you might not be able to do everest, rockin roller coaster or FoP in addition. Teacups would be a tight fit. At universal, I don't think you will be able to do either of the harry Potter rides, hulk , mummy or rip ride rocket. I couldn't do any of these. You will probably need one of the non moving seats on minions. They all have test seats you can try, but I am thinking they will all be a no go. At WDW there are test seats for FoP outside the ride, and for Everest and Rockin' inside. Just ask for them.

In general, WDW is much more size friendly than universal. Best hints for being most comfortable:
1. On anything with a seat belt, pull the belt all the way out BEFORE sitting down. It is much easier.
2. On boat rides leg room can be tight. Ask the loading attendant which row will be best.
3. Simulator rides like star tours have much more room to maneuver on the front row.
4. I theater style attractions, the end seat of the row is your best bet.

My family and I are heading down to Disney and Universal in January. I have been doing most of the trip planning, and have seen a lot of the Pooh-sized posts and information regarding rides. However, I have to take all of that information with a grain of salt because I know that a lot of it is based upon how you are shaped. Most of the posts are people who are Pooh-sized, and possibly on the shorter end, or when they are as tall as me, they don't usually seem to have the same size around the waist that I do. For reference, I am 6'5", about 475lbs, with around a 50" waist. I already know that I will likely not fit on Expedition Everest, Space Mountain, and probably Flight of Passage. Additionally, I expect not to be able to ride an of the Harry Potter rides at Universal, or the Incredible Hulk Coaster. Are there any other Baymax-sized people (or friends/family of your large and friendly healthcare companions :P) who can offer advice, things to look out for, etc.? I have heard the cast members can be very helpful in trying to seat you in the best-fit seat. My plan is to go up at the start of the line for each ride and ask if there is a test seat, or special accommodations that might work best for me. Any advice at all is greatly appreciated!
Would you mind sharing how your trip went? I am planning a family vacation. One of our members is 6'6" and about your weight. How was your experience? Anything to avoid or anything that was surprisingly uncomfortable? Thank you so much!

GET A DISNEY VACATION QUOTE

Dreams Unlimited Travel is committed to providing you with the very best vacation planning experience possible. Our Vacation Planners are experts and will share their honest advice to help you have a magical vacation.

Let us help you with your next Disney Vacation!

Latest posts

facebook twitter