BBB bring your own dress, recent experiences?

Alicialee05

Mouseketeer
BBB bring your own dress- will they still take your dress to the dressing room to surprise your kids? Or no longer?
Looking for feedback from anyone who’s done this semi recently, I read that the “fairy godmothers” refused to do this for someone during their trip in February so I just want to verify before I plan this course of action...

Sooo, what is the surprise? Like, if my daughter knows that she is going to wear her Cinderella dress, is there no surprise the FGMIT can do? What do they do in the dressing room?

Sooo, what is the surprise? Like, if my daughter knows that she is going to wear her Cinderella dress, is there no surprise the FGMIT can do? What do they do in the dressing room?
We did it in MK in September and DD was already in her dress. The FG still took her to a dressing room, hid GusGus and then surprised DD with the magic mirror. We’ve never done BBB before so I had no idea what to expect, but it didn’t seem to make a difference whether she was already in or dress or not. But she was surprised by the mirror and overall it was a great experience!

In June all three of our DDs did BBB with their own dresses (including the then-12yo who wanted to wear a nice but not princessy dress for her last BBB experience). They changed in the dressing rooms with full help from the FGMIT. I wonder if there was some issue with the “surprise” bit. Certainly no problem helping them get ready.

Bruce

My kids don't know we're doing it at all, it's my oldest's birthday so it's a special treat. I'd like to keep the dress a surprise as well. I just mean allowing us to bring the dresses into the dressing room without the girls knowing.

In June all three of our DDs did BBB with their own dresses (including the then-12yo who wanted to wear a nice but not princessy dress for her last BBB experience). They changed in the dressing rooms with full help from the FGMIT. I wonder if there was some issue with the “surprise” bit. Certainly no problem helping them get ready.

Bruce

Thanks for sharing your experience Bruce! I'm not sure we will make it out of our resort room without them noticing the dresses anyway so our cover might get blown at that point.

I’m happy to hear you can still bring your own dress and still use the dressing room. My DD has an appt in a few weeks.

For those of you that bring your own how do you transport it to the parks? Backpack or on a hanger? Our appt is in the afternoon and will probably be our first stop when we get into the MK that day. I am trying not to bring a big backpack and may just carry it?

I’m happy to hear you can still bring your own dress and still use the dressing room. My DD has an appt in a few weeks.

For those of you that bring your own how do you transport it to the parks? Backpack or on a hanger? Our appt is in the afternoon and will probably be our first stop when we get into the MK that day. I am trying not to bring a big backpack and may just carry it?

Ziploc bag in a backpack. It keeps the glitter in check and they shake out nicely when you get somewhere and don't look like a wrinkled mess.

We just did it a few weeks ago and like others have said had no problems using the dressing room there and putting the dress on.
We went to the Grand Floridian location.
We took it in our regular backpack.

GET A DISNEY VACATION QUOTE

Dreams Unlimited Travel is committed to providing you with the very best vacation planning experience possible. Our Vacation Planners are experts and will share their honest advice to help you have a magical vacation.

Let us help you with your next Disney Vacation!