BBB dress selection

Jhondy

Mouseketeer
How is the BBB dress selection with various sizes? I know awhile back that sizes were limited on some dresses, is that still the case? Also do they have a Mulan dress to choose?

How is the BBB dress selection with various sizes? I know awhile back that sizes were limited on some dresses, is that still the case? Also do they have a Mulan dress to choose?
Haven’t been to BBB since 2019 before the pandemic so it may be a bit different now, but then they had a wide range selection of dresses from size 3 to 13, with the bigger sizes being pretty limited but most of the dresses were available in that size range. I’ve looked at recent videos on YouTube and it looks like there’s a pink Mulan dress now. Though last year when we went to Disney springs there was at least one dress in every size there, which are the same as some of the dresses they have at the boutique as well as accessories, so you could probably buy one beforehand if you’re worried BBB won’t have the right size available.

I've not been to BBB in a while as my girls are now teens but I will share from what I've heard through friends with younger girls recently, it sounds like it's less of a selection than in prior years. I have no idea about Mulan but I can say it's always been the common princesses in stock the most- Belle, Aurora, Snow White, Elsa, Anna, etc. The last time my girls did BBB, they both brought their own since they were a bit older and didn't want a typical costume dress. I was worried they'd really only have the younger girls sizes for under 8 and standards only. If she only wants to do Mulan, I'd bring it with you. Plus, when we did do the costume style dresses at BBB, they're incredibly expensive and itchy.

I took my 4 year old in December to the one in Magic Kingdom. The dress selection was surprisingly limited. They didn't have all "princesses" (ex. we were looking for Ariel, but her stuff was completely out of stock), and they definitely had limited availability by size. They were really well stocked for Encanto and Cinderella at the time. In the end, they only had 3 dresses that she could pick from in her size. They also didn't have all the accessories for the ones they had available. If you're only looking for Mulan, it's probably better to bring it with you.

So we have an appointment at BBB coming up, and I've seen it recommended so many places to just bring your own dress. You'll have so many more options of styles, retailers, price ranges by bringing the dress yourself. I'm surprising my daughter so I picked one out for her, but you could involve your kiddo by just shopping online ahead of time.

Yes, bring your own dress. I had planned to let my girls pick theirs but BBB didn’t have anything in their sizes they wanted. Luckily I had brought Anna and Elsa dresses from home so they decided to wear those and get their makeovers done. Or even pick something up at Sir Mickey’s. I’m my house we can never have enough princess dresses 😀

Thanks everyone. I will be packing a few dresses and hoping I pick the right one…although the other day when we were hypothetically talking about what she’d like to wear next time we go, she said she wanted to be Captain Hook…so I may need to pack a lot of costumes cause she may just throw me a curve ball! Lol

we went last august, and they had a pretty decent selection. that being said, my younger daughter had such a hard time finding something. i think we spent over an hour. the staff was so great though. they even went down to one of the shops on main street to find her something. she did not like all the poufyness the dresses had. she eventually ended up with the mulan dress, which, i'm not sure why we didn't try it on first,and she fell in love with it immediately.

so, we want to do it again this year, but bring the dresses we got last year, but i don't want to carry them around all day. if we don't get like, a first thing in the day appointment, can i leave the dresses there for when we have our appointment? does anyone know?

we went last august, and they had a pretty decent selection. that being said, my younger daughter had such a hard time finding something. i think we spent over an hour. the staff was so great though. they even went down to one of the shops on main street to find her something. she did not like all the poufyness the dresses had. she eventually ended up with the mulan dress, which, i'm not sure why we didn't try it on first,and she fell in love with it immediately.

so, we want to do it again this year, but bring the dresses we got last year, but i don't want to carry them around all day. if we don't get like, a first thing in the day appointment, can i leave the dresses there for when we have our appointment? does anyone know?
I’ve had great luck rolling even poofy princess dresses, putting in a large ziplock, then squeezing the air out. They’d fit in a large purse or small backpack that way. You’d be shocked how much of the volume is just air. They don’t wrinkle either. They poof right back up too.

GET A DISNEY VACATION QUOTE

Dreams Unlimited Travel is committed to providing you with the very best vacation planning experience possible. Our Vacation Planners are experts and will share their honest advice to help you have a magical vacation.

Let us help you with your next Disney Vacation!

facebook twitter