BC Marketplace food changes

BC has been open since late 1990. Back in those days there was no QS at all if I remember correctly. That was just dropped in later as they saw the demand (and when they quit giving away free coffee in the lobby). BCV then just adds to the morning mob scene.

I'm not saying they should discourage people; rather that having the sandwiches plus all the other stuff just runs too slowly for that "temporary" (as in temporary for the last 20+ years) QS operation they have set up. My hope is that after the convention center and all the YC remodeling is done, they'll consider expanding the marketplace somehow. Obviously it's way too small for the current amount of offerings. The fact that I have to add cream & sugar to my coffee on top of the trash can was certainly not the original plan.

What you describe is a description of Disney trying to drive away business. That just isn't what they do. It's a nice thought that Disney cares or even notices that sometimes people use a trash can as a counter but I doubt it. Their food service is about the $$$'s.

What you describe is a description of Disney trying to drive away business. That just isn't what they do. It's a nice thought that Disney cares or even notices that sometimes people use a trash can as a counter but I doubt it. Their food service is about the $$$'s.

Of course. If they feel that expanding the BC marketplace will earn them a lot more revenue, they'll do it. If not, they won't. I suspect it's on their radar, but just not high on the list as compared to expanding the convention center and YC food offerings. Their main goal right now is to get that convention center done by early 2018 so they can close the one at the Contemporary (and start building another bay lake tower or other DVC property if I had to guess, although time will tell).

That's why I love the new Disney Springs options when we stay at SSR. I used to think the Boardwalk had a lot of options - but now disney springs has so much more.

The Marketplace is one of our least favorite places at BC. It is so crowded and CMs are obviously stressed. The layout and options really need a redo. We were walking around this September and went to the new Yacht Club Marketplace. It was fantastic! Healthy food options beautiful layout and my kids loved the soda machine. Time for a redo there and time to expand Beaches and Cream. It is always totally booked months ahead. The demand is there and will be more in the next few years.

GET A DISNEY VACATION QUOTE

Dreams Unlimited Travel is committed to providing you with the very best vacation planning experience possible. Our Vacation Planners are experts and will share their honest advice to help you have a magical vacation.

Let us help you with your next Disney Vacation!

facebook twitter