• Controversial Topics
    Several months ago, I added a private sub-forum to allow members to discuss these topics without fear of infractions or banning. It's opt-in, opt-out. Corey Click Here

BCV and High-Speed or WIFI?

No WiFi, but there is in room high speed Internet. I did not use it the last trip so I can't give you speeds or prices.

High speed internet at DVC resorts is $9.95 per 24 hour period, just as it is at most high end hotels.

D-Link makes a pocket WIFI router. Its small enough to fit in your laptop bag easily.

You can plug this in to any wired port and make it wireless automatically. Search on amazon you can find it for less than $60. It makes it ALOT easier than being tied to a cord, youll have WIFI wherever you go.

We were just at BCV a couple of weeks ago, and according to info in the room, wireless access was available in the lobby and around Stormalong Bay (somewhere else, but I can't remember right now). We didn't take advantage of it, as we were a bit too busy to have time for internet (just a 2 night stay before a cruise), but I imagine it was also for a fee.

Karen

dianeschlicht said:
High speed internet at DVC resorts is $9.95 per 24 hour period, just as it is at most high end hotels.

What is "high-end" is really being redefined nowadays. High-priced and high-end are no longer the same thing. When Quality Inn and Holiday Inn and Best Western all offer free high-speed internet access and so-called "high-end" places charge $10 a day for it, the term "high-end" is really getting twisted in its meaning.

"High-end" refers to service to the customer, and when a basic service, which high-speed internet really has become, is charged for at one place and not at another, I consider the true "high-end" of this dimension of measuring quality of service to be the place that includes it and does not charge extra for it. The service costs the vendor the same whether one or a hundred of the customers are using it; so I see nothing but pure rip-off in them charging for it. They certainly would not charge extra for having cable TV access in the rooms.

I first received free high-speed internet access at the true "high-end" hotel at the Boston World Trade Center in 2000 -- 5 years ago. The charging for HSI at pretentious and/or former "high-end" hotels (most recently at a Sheraton) only confirms to me how these once "high-end" establishments have degraded from that position and how we cannot measure "high-end" simply by how many pillows that they put on your bed.

GET A DISNEY VACATION QUOTE

Dreams Unlimited Travel is committed to providing you with the very best vacation planning experience possible. Our Vacation Planners are experts and will share their honest advice to help you have a magical vacation.

Let us help you with your next Disney Vacation!

facebook twitter