BCV Elevator Noise

Opie100

DIS Veteran
We are in 516 (studio), which is really a great room for numerous reasons - except for one thing - you hear mechanical elevator noise constantly. It surprises me since the elevator is across the hall. Perhaps it is more pronounced due to the roof above our heads. Hopefully one of the studios between 405-421 is better, since that is where they are moving us tomorrow. Thoughts welcomed.

You are in a dedicated studio now, 405 and 421 are both lock-offs. They are likely to have more noise coming from the attached 1 BR unit, depending on who may be in those units. Be careful what you wish for.

We are in 516 (studio), which is really a great room for numerous reasons - except for one thing - you hear mechanical elevator noise constantly. It surprises me since the elevator is across the hall. Perhaps it is more pronounced due to the roof above our heads. Hopefully one of the studios between 405-421 is better, since that is where they are moving us tomorrow. Thoughts welcomed.
We were in 516 a few years ago and the noise did not bother us. It was more of a dull hum and nothing else. It's not as bad as 566! You can't beat the balcony for 516 and the views of MK fireworks in the distance!
Ll8yY85.jpg

Thx for quick responses - there’s also a clack when it starts - hoping it’s less at night.

EDIT: If anyone is sensitive to constant mechanical noises, I’d avoid this room.

Last edited:

I was in studio 325 at BCV in August and the elevator noise was so bad, I asked to be moved. The elevator would ding twice every time the door opened. They moved me to a different studio which connected to a one-bedroom; it was much quieter.

We stay in studios closest to the other (single) elevator. Room 260, 360, 560. And yes, we definitely hear the elevator noise. It bothers us but we put up with it because of the benefit of the large balcony.

We are in 421 now. The CM that moved us here promised it was a dedicated studio, even though I knew it wasn’t. He also said we shouldn’t hear the elevator here, but we can (slightly quieter here).

This appears to be a considerable design flaw at BCV. I do a fair amount of traveling and you shouldn’t hear the clacking and spinning of the elevator across the hall and at least a room away from the elevators.

Thanks for all the responses.

Last edited:

We stayed at BCV over thanksgiving. I cannot remember our room numbet but we were maybe four rooms away from the elevator and we heard the same noise! We were surprised because it wasn’t like we were right up against the elevator. Definitely strange.

I was in studio 516 at BCV last year. Loved so much about it, but that elevator noise drove me crazy! It wasn't that it was so loud, but it was more about the fact that I could hear it and wondered why-I mean, like you said, the elevator was across the hall, so why did I hear it where I was?

However, so much else about the location made me love that studio (it was a solo trip, and I felt like I had my own entry way), I'd be happy to get that studio again.
The bright lights from the pool at night were more noticeable than the elevator.

@Opie100 - randomly stumbled across your thread, but what you describe sounds very similar to something we’ve experienced twice at YC when on the top floor. It’s a electrical/mechanical humming noise with various “clicks” coming from what I assume is a elevator room above or somewhere close. The randomness of the click and hum duration is almost certainly an elevator, in my opinion. Although the rooms where it has happened have been no where near the passenger elevators (I’ve come to the conclusion there must be a service elevator or some type of control room nearby that’s not obvious). I don’t so much notice it during the day with other ambient noise around, but at night when things quiet down, it is very apparent. I lived with it the first trip where we heard it, but the second trip we heard it was the only time in all of our WDW trips I’ve asked to move rooms.

It sure sounds like what you experienced may be similar.

Yep, that's it. Daytime wasn't an issue but at night was enough to move. We spent our last two nights at VGF and was so much quieter. By the way, when we were moved to lockoffs (both BCV and VGF), we rarely heard our neighbors. Much better than the elevator clack and churn!

Thanks again to all your replies. A request question: when making a room request, is it effective to say things like odd number rooms between x31-x49 on floors 2-5?

Last edited:
We stay in 2 BRs at BCV and always ask for a room close to the elevators....with 4 small grandchildren their white noise machines drown out anything else.....I always find it amusing that what works for some does not work for others! It's great to have choices!

We were in studio 525 last year and the noise was very annoying. We have too young kids and getting them to sleep at a decent time with the constant mechanical noise and dinging was very distracting.

We were in studio 525 last year and the noise was very annoying. We have too young kids and getting them to sleep at a decent time with the constant mechanical noise and dinging was very distracting.

I was in 325 and couldn’t stand it so it’s not just you being annoyed by an x25 room

I’m staying at BcV next month for the first time. I have been so excited to finally get this resort, but now I’m worried. I am a horrible sleeper!!! I stayed at BWV years ago and had an issue similar to the OP. I didn’t sleep at all due to the noise. Staying in a studio. What should I request?

I’ve just been there in a 1 bed, did not hear a thing but we were not close to elevators.
What you do want to avoid are those rooms overlooking the bridge building right outside- they are a nightmare!

I’m staying at BcV next month for the first time. I have been so excited to finally get this resort, but now I’m worried. I am a horrible sleeper!!! I stayed at BWV years ago and had an issue similar to the OP. I didn’t sleep at all due to the noise. Staying in a studio. What should I request?
What you probably want are southern-facing woods views or quiet pool views and at least three rooms between yours and an elevator. This could also mean close to the parking lot so you'll have to decide what's most important when you make your request. Try to get there early in case you get assigned something that you don't like -- however, be prepared for them to perhaps not be able to make a change until the next day. I have a printout of ParkInfo2Go maps for each floor so I know once assigned what I'm getting.

P.S. When I travel (regardless of destination) I bring Hearos Xtreme Protection Series in case I need them (you can get them on Amazon).

We found the elevator noise there to be very aggravating.😨 Thank heavens it was a quick one-night stay.

We stay in 2 BR lockout villas ending in 28/30 because we need an accessible villa.. Sleeping in the 30 portion, the noise is terrible for me but only since the last renovation. Never heard the elevators hum and click before that. Perhaps they forgot to add insulation!! A white noise machine is a thought.

We stay in 2 BR lockout villas ending in 28/30 because we need an accessible villa.. Sleeping in the 30 portion, the noise is terrible for me but only since the last renovation. Never heard the elevators hum and click before that. Perhaps they forgot to add insulation!! A white noise machine is a thought.
I was also wondering if things got worse after the renovation, or if it is just an age thing. If anyone has any advice on to whom to write a letter let me know.

GET A DISNEY VACATION QUOTE

Dreams Unlimited Travel is committed to providing you with the very best vacation planning experience possible. Our Vacation Planners are experts and will share their honest advice to help you have a magical vacation.

Let us help you with your next Disney Vacation!