• Controversial Topics
    Several months ago, I added a private sub-forum to allow members to discuss these topics without fear of infractions or banning. It's opt-in, opt-out. Corey Click Here

BCV info req'd please!

steery1

DIS Veteran
Anyone have a view on the best room/view to request at the BCV? :flower:
It will be my first time staying on site next July and I've pushed the boat out and booked a 1 bed villa at the BCV for 9 days. :cool1: Any opinions on the best room location or general info on the BCV would be greatly appreciated. :sunny:

I have only had a service road view but I loved it. I had top floor and I had a great view of Spaceship Earth and of some of the fireworks from Illuminations. Also if you get a room over the canal, you can look down and see turtles, fish, and maybe an alligater.

Hi,

Love BCV!! Going back for graduation trip!!!! Have fun @ the New England beach house!

Keep in mind that the BCV views are, well, not it's greatest glory. (The same is true of VWL.) So don't worry too much about the view and you won't be disappointed.

We usually ask for a non-handicapped, non-smoking, quiet location. That tends to get us a higher floor with a "woodlands" view.

We will be there in a 2br in Feb. and I requested a non-smoking, top floor. Last year we got an Epcot view without even asking! I'll leave it up to the pixie dust and see what happens!

We have stayed at BCV several times and have equested the same view but it's important to remember that views, floors, etc. are only requests and not guarantees.

Since we don't always get what we request I have decided the only thing I will request in the future is non-smoking (for health reasons). This will be better than being disappointed when the requests are not met. In all honesty though, we have had several views from several different floors and they have all been fine.

Annmarie

Up until recently, we always request an Epcot view - but they no longer accept that as a view request.

Last time we had a view of the quiet pool, which was nice.

But as previously pointed out, BCV is not noted for its views - it would be nice if there were a lake/Boardwalk view, but those were already taken by the Beach Club itself!

If you are looking for maps of BCV, try http://www.parkinfo2go.com/dvc-bcv/

DisZip said:
Up until recently, we always request an Epcot view - but they no longer accept that as a view request.

Last time we had a view of the quiet pool, which was nice.

But as previously pointed out, BCV is not noted for its views - it would be nice if there were a lake/Boardwalk view, but those were already taken by the Beach Club itself!

If you are looking for maps of BCV, try http://www.parkinfo2go.com/dvc-bcv/
That website is great. Thank you!

I love the Epcot view. How do we ask for that view? Can you request any view at all? I will be booking in a few months and now I am not sure what to ask for. Thank you for the info.

MINNIEBOWSER said:
That website is great. Thank you!

I love the Epcot view. How do we ask for that view? Can you request any view at all? I will be booking in a few months and now I am not sure what to ask for. Thank you for the info.

Member Services no longer accepts Epcot as a view request. Probably because not all the "Epcot View" rooms could actually see any of Epcot and also due to the large building used to house the Soarin attraction blocking part of the view.

I am not sure if they have since given that view another name, or if there is a round about way to request it - like "not a pool or woods view".

If anyone finds out the way to request it, I can add the hint to the maps.

The last time I was there, the cranes were there and they were building Soarin. Has the view changed that much that they would cancel it being called an Epcot view? Can you still see Spaceship Earth? Spaceship Earth to me is a wonderul sight, especially at night.

If it were me I'd go for the pool view. If possible I'd try to get a room in the wing that straddles the canal. This way if you're looking out your balcony window, all you see is the canal and fountains. If you're on the 5th floor you'll probably see some of the parking lot, and the 4th floor might also get some of the parking lot. I think the 3rd floor is probably the best. Just high enough to get a decent view, but not high enough to see much if any of the lot.

Just know that BCV is usually fairly quiet, so enjoy it and relax. HAVE FUN!!

Brian

I have just added a few photos showing the views from some of the rooms to my Floor Plan pages.

http://www.parkinfo2go.com/dvc-bcv/

If anyone has any pictures of the views from other rooms at the BCV and is willing to submit them for inclusion, then please let me know via PM.

And thanks to those who already sent me pictures.

Thanks,

-DisZip

GET A DISNEY VACATION QUOTE

Dreams Unlimited Travel is committed to providing you with the very best vacation planning experience possible. Our Vacation Planners are experts and will share their honest advice to help you have a magical vacation.

Let us help you with your next Disney Vacation!

facebook twitter