BCV: Just back 5/13 - 5/17, with DDP info

CarnotaurDad

DIS Veteran
My DD and I just returned from our annual Daddy - Daughter trip and stayed in a BCV studio (370) for four nights.

The trip was, as expected, very magical. It's amazing how quickly five days can go and the best part about DVC is that our next trip is not far behind (BWV in August with my DW also).

The room itself was fantastic! Right above the canal, looking towards the quiet pool and the main entrance of BC. We were at WDW for the full moon and the moon would set in the morning and got a fantastic picture of the moon over BCV. If I can ever figure out how to post pictures, I will do so.

Check in was a bit odd and I wish I could understand room ready vs room assigned. When we checked in at 11 AM, there were ready rooms but they did not give it to us and instead had an assigned room. We were told a rush would be put on it and to check back in an hour. Well, needless to say, it wasn't ready in an hour (or two). We were swimming, but eventually wanted to go to Epcot. We went to the front desk and were told that, yes, there was a room ready but not the one assigned. In fact, it had been ready at 11 AM, when we first checked in. I guess I don't quite understand the whole room assignment, but we were thrilled with our room so no complaints.

The room itself had comfortable beds. DD slept on the pullout and declared it "so comfortable I wish it could come home with us". Room was clean, some scuff marks on the furniture, but nothing major. The balcony is a huge plus for us. I can't imagine paying $300 for a deluxe resort and not getting a balcony (like some rooms have at YC/BC/BW/Poly/GF). It was great to eat breakfast out there and enjoy it.

We had DDP and I can't imagine NOT getting it. It more than payed for itself and let us try places we had never gone before. It was very easy to keep track of the credits for each left and we never over ate. When we were full, we just stopped. It was so easy and saved so much money that I hope they keep it for a long time. My DW and I laughed about WDW "hooking" us on the DDP and then taking it away, hoping we would then pay for the meals.

Back to BCV, the gift shop / dining area was doing brisk business and usually crowded. I had a roast beef sandwich one night and it was great. What a nice addition to the resort. Now if they could only add chicken nuggets (which is what DD normally eats).

All in all, great time and can't wait for BWC in August!

If I can answer any questions, let me know and I will be glad to do so.

Since you had the dining plan, did you try to get gelato with the DDP, or see anyone else get it as a snack? I just love their gelato-last trip I had it every night! What snacks/CS did you get from the BC Marketplace? Did you have any gelato (if so, what flavor?)

Hi Simba's Mom, we got a six pack of Thomas' bagels and a rice krispies' treat but didn't try to get a gelato. There were lots of other snacks and I imagine gelato would be one, but we didn't try that one.

Thanks for the BCV report. It is always so nice to live vicariously. :sunny:

Isn't it great that DVCers can do the DDP now as well. We used it a couple of weeks ago at BCV and were amazed at the snack options at the BC Marketplace.

We also really enjoy the sandwiches there, plan or not. Great for the flight home.

Simba's Mom, the gelato is not included in the vastly expanded DDP snack list. Or at least it wasn't the first week of May when the expansion first happened. I actually thought of you and remarked about it in a thread about new snacks. My daughter loves that gelato as well and I remembered you raving as well.

CarnotaurDad, did you use your credits around the Y&BC at all other than maybe your roast beef sandwich?

Hi BCV23, we just used them for snacks other than the sandwich. However, I was impressed that the CS used included the sandwich, a snack, a drink and a cookie. Not bad at all.

Great report. We can't wait to get back to BCV perhaps with our next trip. We were in WDW May 6 - 12th and tried the DDP, too. So far in itemizing everything I estimate we've saved over $70 for me and my husband combined.

I'm pretty sure we'll continue to purchase this plan as long as it is offered to us.

CarnotaurDad
Where exactly is the marketplace located. It wasn't there when we stayed at the Beach Club Christmas 2005. We will be there during Thanksgiving this year. The DDP sounds well worth it.
Happy to hear you had a wonderful time. Thanks for the report.

Hi ttepsich,

It is in the back of the large gift shop at BC. There is a big glass counter with pastries, gelato, salads, sandwiches, etc.

CarnotaurDad said:
However, I was impressed that the CS used included the sandwich, a snack, a drink and a cookie. Not bad at all.

What was your experience with the snack included in the CS meal?

When I used one CS credit to get a sandwich for my husband's flight, I was able to get the little package of Disney pretzels as the snack part of the CS meal.

Two days later, I was buying sandwiches for my son and I to take on our flight. I asked the young man making the sandwiches if anything with the D/P logo could be used as the snack portion and he said yes. So I got pretzels for one meal and a fruit cup for the other. The lady at checkout told me I couldn't use either. I was limited to the little bags of chips and I forget what else....but the old choices rather than the new expanded choices. She said the guy at the counter didn't understand. :confused3 This was the first week of the program so it didn't surprise me that they were still learning. And we were on our way to the airport so I didn't want to waste the time waiting for a manager for "official" word. So we just skipped it.

But it was confusing. :confused3 When is a snack not a snack and do you need to wait until checkout to find out!

GET A DISNEY VACATION QUOTE

Dreams Unlimited Travel is committed to providing you with the very best vacation planning experience possible. Our Vacation Planners are experts and will share their honest advice to help you have a magical vacation.

Let us help you with your next Disney Vacation!

Latest posts

facebook twitter