BCV merchandise

keys2kingdom

DIS Veteran
What type of BCV resort specific merchandise can I expect to find at Beach Club Marketplace? I'm really interested in finding some more lithographs to compliment the one sent with my DVC purchase documents. I'm hoping they carry some more BCV artwork :artist: and BCV clothing. Any info on this would be helpful, especially someone who has checked Marketplace's stock recently. Thanks.

Hey girl!!!

Well...I haven't been there since March, but everytime I have been there, they have the lithos. Just a tip...buy them when you arrive. If their shipment is low, they will certainly get more in before you leave.

Have you seen that really cool "Mickey lifeguard lamp" there? It is pricey, but SOO pretty!! I think I will just have to buy that at some point. Someone has one listed on ebay right now.

Everytime I go, I seem to find some "new" pretty items. I was very disappointed last time, though....no more baby blue beach towels. I was hoping to add to my collection each time we went. They had them in the window...but, they wouldn't get them out for me.

Good luck though....I'm sure you will find something nice!!

:wave:

Beca

Just got back from a visit to the BC a week ago. They had several lithos in the gift shop----and that cool Mickey lamp too (a little too pricey for me though ;) )
The Marketplace was great for snacks and we had really good egg sandwiches on croissants for breakfast one morning. They make a wonderful fruit and yogurt parfait too----it was awesome.

Hey Beca!!! :wave2:

I knew I could count on you to respond! I've seen some cute BCV stuff in the shop in the past but always felt funny about buying it since I wasn't a member. I told DH to prepare for a buying frenzy this year! Hopefully the beach towels will make an encore appearance before I get there. I'd really love to have a sweatshirt or something to wear, how's the BCV pin selection?

I tried to find the Mickey lamp on ebay but I didn't have any luck, mind PMing me the link? Two people have mentioned it now so it must be worth a look.

Ooooh I can't wait to get down there!!!!!!

keys2kingdom said:

I knew I could count on you to respond! I've seen some cute BCV stuff in the shop in the past but always felt funny about buying it since I wasn't a member. I told DH to prepare for a buying frenzy this year! Hopefully the beach towels will make an encore appearance before I get there. I'd really love to have a sweatshirt or something to wear, how's the BCV pin selection?

I tried to find the Mickey lamp on ebay but I didn't have any luck, mind PMing me the link? Two people have mentioned it now so it must be worth a look.

Well....wouldn't you know it. I can't find it now. It was a "store" person selling it, too. I didn't watch it or anything, because the lamp sells for $250 at the BC, and the person on ebay was asking $350!! It makes you wonder if WDW is "cracking down" on people like that...surely no one bought it, and it was a store item, so it didn't have an end date on it.

Anyway, it looks a lot like this one here, except the lampshade is beige and white striped, instead of blue and white; and an old fashioned Mickey is sitting in the lifeguard chair. It's pretty cool...it is hand-carved.

http://cgi.ebay.com/LIFEGUARD-BEACH...yZ116017QQssPageNameZWDVWQQrdZ1QQcmdZViewItem

The BCV pins have always been "slim pickins"...there's just not that many of them...but, they usually have a few.

If you are looking for really cool "beachy" memorabilia, check out the Doss prints at any WDW art store (you can also look them up on ebay). I have a couple of those as well....REALLY nice!!!

Also, if you have not seen it, go over to the YC store...the boat in there is really cool!!!

I was told the Beach Club towels were "just a memory"....but, it would be really nice to bring them back!!!

I have been able to find at LEAST one really cool BCV/BC outfit. One time it was a light blue linen top and pants, and last time it was a really cozy blue sweat jacket...so nice!! I have to add to my collection every time we go.

Have fun shopping!!!

Beca

Corinne said:
Those lamps were at the Christmas Tree Shops for $6.99!

What? Where? When? How do I get my hands on one??!!!

keys2kingdom said:

Easy girls... one year at a time $$$

Afterthought... This is much like a home rennovation or addition project... Gee hon... I need this new power tool to get this project done.

But you have to be patient and get them one project at a time. ;)

Beca said:
Well....wouldn't you know it. I can't find it now. It was a "store" person selling it, too. I didn't watch it or anything, because the lamp sells for $250 at the BC, and the person on ebay was asking $350!! It makes you wonder if WDW is "cracking down" on people like that...surely no one bought it, and it was a store item, so it didn't have an end date on it.

Anyway, it looks a lot like this one here, except the lampshade is beige and white striped, instead of blue and white; and an old fashioned Mickey is sitting in the lifeguard chair. It's pretty cool...it is hand-carved.

http://cgi.ebay.com/LIFEGUARD-BEACH...yZ116017QQssPageNameZWDVWQQrdZ1QQcmdZViewItem

The BCV pins have always been "slim pickins"...there's just not that many of them...but, they usually have a few.

If you are looking for really cool "beachy" memorabilia, check out the Doss prints at any WDW art store (you can also look them up on ebay). I have a couple of those as well....REALLY nice!!!

Also, if you have not seen it, go over to the YC store...the boat in there is really cool!!!

I was told the Beach Club towels were "just a memory"....but, it would be really nice to bring them back!!!

I have been able to find at LEAST one really cool BCV/BC outfit. One time it was a light blue linen top and pants, and last time it was a really cozy blue sweat jacket...so nice!! I have to add to my collection every time we go.

Have fun shopping!!!

Beca

Oooh I'd love to get my hands on one of those sweat jackets. Perfect for my evening stroll around Crescent Lake.

I'm watching a BCV pin on ebay right now, it's the free one they gave away at the BCV openmouse in 2002. Very cute, I think I might have to have it. Can't....fight....urge....to....shop....

DisDaydreamer said:
Easy girls... one year at a time $$$
;)

WHAT???? You mean I can't have an unlimited shopping budget? What kind of heresy is this? I'm letting you nowhere near my DH. Now hush your mouth. :ssst:

Am I missing out on a lithograph? I never got anything like that it the mail when we joined back in July....

Melissa...call you guide and see if they still have any. If not, they come up on ebay all the time.

Oh keys...someone on ebay has the "new" beach towels up on ebay right now. I don't like them as much as the old ones...the new ones are blue&white striped....but, I still might have to pick up a couple!! :goodvibes

Beca said:
Melissa...call you guide and see if they still have any. If not, they come up on ebay all the time.

Oh keys...someone on ebay has the "new" beach towels up on ebay right now. I don't like them as much as the old ones...the new ones are blue&white striped....but, I still might have to pick up a couple!! :goodvibes

Ooooooh, (runs over to ebay at a full gallop)!!!!!!!

GET A DISNEY VACATION QUOTE

Dreams Unlimited Travel is committed to providing you with the very best vacation planning experience possible. Our Vacation Planners are experts and will share their honest advice to help you have a magical vacation.

Let us help you with your next Disney Vacation!

facebook twitter