BCV or AKV

Davids-Coco

I miss the tag fairy.
Okay, which one as a home resort and why.

These are the two that we have narrowed it down to. We are leaning toward BCV because it is more central to everything. (We aren't big on AK... so being close isn't necessarally a perk). We have a 8 mo old and plan on more kids, so a good pool, children's program and quick transport to TTC at least.

I guess I need to know why people love BCV and if they are holding up well. The "new and shiny" AKV is temptng for this reason.

TIA!!

It's easy to love the BCV, great location to two the parks and a wonderful pool. The rooms in my personal opinion, have not held up well to the constant occupancy but they are working on it. New sofa beds and new mattresses and some furniture replacement.

As to the AKL you will have the extra years on the contract which are nice. If you ever want to to stay concierge I think you will need the home resort booking advantage.

But also if you want to book BC during Christmas or Food and Wine you need home advantage.

I see no answer except to buy points at both. :thumbsup2

I'd say it sounds like you what BCV. The only reason to buy into a resort is because you like it. My wife and I love AKL, that's why we waited from the time it was rumor till Feb to buy.

If DAKV didn't become real we would have bought into VWL.

johno

We also really like that AKV has two toliets... important for that future additional family member. I think that is the main reason we are considering it... ;)

It's easy to love the BCV, great location to two the parks and a wonderful pool. The rooms in my personal opinion, have not held up well to the constant occupancy but they are working on it. New sofa beds and new mattresses and some furniture replacement.

As to the AKL you will have the extra years on the contract which are nice. If you ever want to to stay concierge I think you will need the home resort booking advantage.

But also if you want to book BC during Christmas or Food and Wine you need home advantage.

I see no answer except to buy points at both. :thumbsup2
Sounds like a good plan to me!

But I'm assuming that's isn't something you're thinking about and it does sound like you're leaning towards BCV. So I'd say start there and when add-onitis strikes, go with AKV!

It sounds like BCV has the things you most value. If, at some point in the future, you want to book at AKV, I'm guessing you would be able to get it at the 7 month window, but to book BCV during F&W and some other times of the year, the 11 month window is an absolute necessity.

GET A DISNEY VACATION QUOTE

Dreams Unlimited Travel is committed to providing you with the very best vacation planning experience possible. Our Vacation Planners are experts and will share their honest advice to help you have a magical vacation.

Let us help you with your next Disney Vacation!

facebook twitter