BCV room temps?

Simba's Mom

<font color=green>everything went to "H*** in a ha
I've been reading so much about the motion control thermostats at BCV, now I'm really worried about my next trip, which will be in hot weather. For anyone who's stayed at BCV, was the temperature at night OK in your room? I'm so worried now that it'll be too hot. I've never had trouble there before, but come to think of it, all my previous trips have been in relatively cool weather. Would it help to turn the thermostat way down shortly before I go to bed (so I at least start out with a cool room, so hopefully it will stay cool enough all night)? Does anyone remember what to do to "override" the motion detection system? Or am I worried about something that's been a non-issue for most BCV guests since it's been plenty cool enough at night?

We just returned from the BCV and have to admit the temperature sensors were not the best. When we returned each evening, the room was quite stuffy. Someone posted the directions on how to overide. It involved holding the power button and temp control at the same time. Unfortuately, our unit didn't have a power button. Luckily, our evenings were cool, so we opened the door a little and skipped the AC but I can see where summer temps could be a problem.

We just returned from BCV on 4/7/06. This was our first time at BCV and I HATED the thermostats. As Katallo said, our studio was miserably stuffy when we returned each day. It didn't seem to matter what temp it was set on. When we walked in and it was stuffy it might read 70. Sometimes we felt it was too cool, after being in the room for a while, right before going to bed, and it might read 72.

If you lowered the temp from wherever it was, it DID cool off in a reasonable amount of time. But I woke up a few nights in a sweat. I was not impressed with these thermostats and think the owners should complain. (I own at BWV and VWL).

Good luck!

We also just returned 4-7 from 5 nights in a dedicated 2BR at BCV. (Room 367) We had no problems with the thermostats. We like it cool especially at night. Several nights we didn't even use the ceiling fan because it was plenty cool. Last week was warm at WDW with daytime temps around 90 and evening temps around 65.

I brought along the over-ride instructions but never got them out.

BTW, we had a great time at BCV. Switched from a BWV 2BR at the 7 month window to try out BCV. Stormalong Bay-awesome! It was worth the extra 40 points over BWV. And we love the BWV's.

I've brought the instructions before also and I couldnt get the over ride to work at the Polynesian, so I'm curious (and hopeful) if anyone has used these directions successfully?

If not would it be acceptable to call and have someone at the resort come and override the system? :confused3

eeyore45 said:
I've brought the instructions before also and I couldnt get the over ride to work at the Polynesian, so I'm curious (and hopeful) if anyone has used these directions successfully?

If not would it be acceptable to call and have someone at the resort come and override the system? :confused3
On our last trip to the Poly, it go very hot in our room at 4am. I did not know anything about the override button. Well I called the front desk, & someone came & fixed it for us. I think ours was just not working at all though, because I could not even get it to turn on. The maintanence man said something about the override though.

I'm really concerned about the thermostat issue since we'll be traveling to BCV in early June. Does the room stay cool if there is movement in the room? My DH (ever the problem-solver) thinks maybe we should invest in a small oscillating fan to create the motion to keep the A/C going? Would this work? We're BWV owners and finally got to move our reservations to BCV at the 7 mos window. We love it at BWV but the kids really want to try Stormalong Bay.

I agree the room was cooler when we were moving in it. The ONLY times it was hot or stuffy were when we entered the room (it was empty, so no one was moving around in it) and in the middle of the night (we were all asleep and still).

The instructions did not apply to the OKW 2BR we had recently. Not the same Thermostat. But it did not get stuffy at night.

I've had it get stuffy at BCV and SSR though. A Studio at BCV and 1BR at SSR. I have not had the problem in 2BRs though. So either there is something different about 2BRs (non-lockoff) or it was coincidence that there was no problem in the 2BRs.

In any case, if the programming override doesn't work, call maintenance and have them override it for you.

I've read that Fans, balloons, scarecrows ;) do not work, it is heat sensitive. So a Kerosene heater might work ;).

I wonder if one of those small ceramic heaters that go back and forth would work. Heat and motion. Put it on low at let it go.

GET A DISNEY VACATION QUOTE

Dreams Unlimited Travel is committed to providing you with the very best vacation planning experience possible. Our Vacation Planners are experts and will share their honest advice to help you have a magical vacation.

Let us help you with your next Disney Vacation!

facebook twitter