BCV view question

Sammie

DIS Veteran
Just wondering, why in discussing the views offered at the BCV so many refer to the road that passes in front of the Yacht and Beach as a "service" road?

It is Epcot Resorts Blvd. and see no difference in it than any other road that leads to resorts.

Are you sure that's the road they mean? There is a service road beside the Beach Club, impacts mostly the villas. Most of the villas, to the best of my limited knowledge, aren't impacted by Epcot Resorts Blvd. The service road is pretty close to the villas and the bus traffic is incredible as well as other service type vehicles. We had a studio on the second floor there in June and it was a bit noisy with the door open. But, like I said, I may have the roads mixed up.

goofy4tink said:
Are you sure that's the road they mean? There is a service road beside the Beach Club, impacts mostly the villas. Most of the villas, to the best of my limited knowledge, aren't impacted by Epcot Resorts Blvd. The service road is pretty close to the villas and the bus traffic is incredible as well as other service type vehicles. We had a studio on the second floor there in June and it was a bit noisy with the door open. But, like I said, I may have the roads mixed up.

Epcot Resorts Blvd is within throwing distance to the villas. The buses use Epcot Resorts Blvd, to pick up guests at BW, YC/BC and the Swan and Dolphin.

This road comes off of Buena Vista Drive at the Entrance to MGM and goes under the water canal; passes the entrance to the BW, then goes around a curve right at the Villas, then passes the entrance to the Beach Club, then Yacht Club and then past the Swan and Dolphin and Fantasia Golf and back out to Buena Vista Drive.

It definitely gets a lotta traffic, but have always wondered why it is always referred to as the "service" road and not Epcot Resorts Blvd.

Sammie said:
Just wondering, why in discussing the views offered at the BCV so many refer to the road that passes in front of the Yacht and Beach as a "service" road?

It is Epcot Resorts Blvd. and see no difference in it than any other road that leads to resorts.

You got a point there Sammie. I call it the service road all the time. I'm not sure how it got it's nickname but it stuck. You are right it isn't a service road but a real road, with a real name. ;) And perhaps we should call it Epcot Resorts Blvd., but service road is easier to remember. It does make some sense, since after you pass the BC entrance most guest traffic would end and only service traffic remain.

lisareniff said:
You got a point there Sammie. I call it the service road all the time. I'm not sure how it got it's nickname but it stuck. You are right it isn't a service road but a real road, with a real name. ;) And perhaps we should call it Epcot Resorts Blvd., but service road is easier to remember. It does make some sense, since after you pass the BC entrance most guest traffic would end and only service traffic remain.

I just think sometimes in describing the views a "service" road view to me means a small road only used by service vehicles and not accessible by guest traffic.

Epcot Resorts Blvd is certainly not that. :flower:

Although it is certainly not a restricted road, I don't think the stretch between the BC and BW entrance is used very much by guests. During the day most of the traffic seems to be buses and trucks until close to shift time. There are lots of cars on it early in the am but at such an early hour that I think it is CMs speeding to work. ;)

Coming from the BW, the road narrows and the signage is for BW not Y&BC. The opposite is true coming from the S/D side of the road. I appreciate the signs being that way because it does reduce the amount of guest traffic on that road.

And we want to keep that stretch of the road a secret, right?! :rotfl2:

BCV23 said:
Although it is certainly not a restricted road, I don't think the stretch between the BC and BW entrance is used very much by guests. During the day most of the traffic seems to be buses and trucks until close to shift time. There are lots of cars on it early in the am but at such an early hour that I think it is CMs speeding to work. ;)

Coming from the BW, the road narrows and the signage is for BW not Y&BC. The opposite is true coming from the S/D side of the road. I appreciate the signs being that way because it does reduce the amount of guest traffic on that road.

And we want to keep that stretch of the road a secret, right?! :rotfl2:

Well, the secret is out with the locals. We always turn at the Hess gas station and go past the BW entrance to get to the BC/YC therefore bypassing Fantasia Golf and the Swan and Dolphin, besides I like going under the tunnel. :flower:
And yes it is definitely used by CMs as their parking lot is across from the Villas.

Ahhhhh.....funny, but I never connected the two sections of road. What an idiot! Shows you how much I pay attention when I'm on that bus. I really must start driving down there in order to get my bearings straight.

Sammie said:
Well, the secret is out with the locals. We always turn at the Hess gas station and go past the BW entrance to get to the BC/YC therefore bypassing Fantasia Golf and the Swan and Dolphin, besides I like going under th tunner. :rotfl:

And yes it is definitely used by CMs as their parking lot is across from the Villas.

Of course, it depends where you are going to/coming from. For guests, there is no point in using that section of the road if they're going to MK/AK or those resorts.

If they are going to DTD or driving to MGM, it is shorter to use that road but it can be scary. If I'm driving on it early in the am or midafternoon, I'm very cautious because some people (I have to assume CMs) really fly through that tunnel. :rolleyes:

GET A DISNEY VACATION QUOTE

Dreams Unlimited Travel is committed to providing you with the very best vacation planning experience possible. Our Vacation Planners are experts and will share their honest advice to help you have a magical vacation.

Let us help you with your next Disney Vacation!

facebook twitter