Be careful with those metal straws!

Bought some metal straws to be environmentally friendly. First day I used them, misjudged the angle of the straw and chipped my tooth :(.

Put the metal straws in the cabinet and went back to plastic straws.

While using the metal straw, I wondered what would happen if you tripped and fell into the metal straw. Thought they could be dangerous. That poor woman found out what could happen. So sad.

I just imagine my 2-yr grandson when he fell the other day while holding a water bottle with (thank goodness) a plastic straw in his container. How absolutely sad and horrifying for that woman and her family!!! :sad1:

People have been known to hurt others with an ink pen. Guess a metal straw would work just as well in the wrong hands or circumstances:(.

Silicon straws for the win....I won’t use metal straws for this exact worry. It never seemed like a smart idea.

Bought some metal straws to be environmentally friendly. First day I used them, misjudged the angle of the straw and chipped my tooth :(.

Put the metal straws in the cabinet and went back to plastic straws.

While using the metal straw, I wondered what would happen if you tripped and fell into the metal straw. Thought they could be dangerous. That poor woman found out what could happen. So sad.
Oh no! Personally I wouldn't use them for kids I understand being environmental conscious but feel it's safer for kids.

Oh my goodness, that is terrible! I use a metal straw on a daily basis and I do not attempt to take a drink while driving. I have never considered walking being dangerous too! :sad1:

That poor woman that’s awful! :guilty:

I think I’ll stick to my silicone straws.

DD mentioned buying reusable straws a few days ago and I told her NO STAINLESS until she was paying her own dental bills.

:( I just ordered some on Amazon yesterday to go with the new stainless steel mugs. I might be returning the straws, unused.

Here's just one example of what the straws do to the turtles.

One googled picture doesn't prove your point. Is that all you can find? Your original post gave the impression this was some massive damage control to marine life by eliminating plastic straws.

GET A DISNEY VACATION QUOTE

Dreams Unlimited Travel is committed to providing you with the very best vacation planning experience possible. Our Vacation Planners are experts and will share their honest advice to help you have a magical vacation.

Let us help you with your next Disney Vacation!

facebook twitter