Be Our Guest Dinner... worth it? What is good to eat?

"Worth it" is subjective. If you've never been to BOG, love Beauty and the Beast, want to see the Beast and inside the castle, dying to try the Grey Stuff, it could be worth it to you. If you're looking for a great meal at a good price, it may not be worth it.

That said, lunch is still the best option, IMO. No Beast and it's technically quick service, but you can still see inside and get the Grey Stuff. It's also significantly cheaper and doesn't take a huge chunk of time out of the parks.

We book the lunch which is very good considering it's a quick service meal. Plus great place to cool off during the middle of the afternoon.

We ate lunch there and didn't consider it worth it. The line forms inside in a stuffy hallwall and the ordering process was rather tedious. Food wasn't anything particularly special. Since it near the back of one portion of the park, it is also a long walk to/from there depending on where you are either coming from or going to.

Nope..at least imo. For 2 credits or what you pay oop the food is at best mediocre.

We ate there 2 weeks ago. For 2 credits not worth it. Paying OOP, not a bad deal. The Lobster Bisque was very good. The filet was cooked perfectly.
My wife had scallops at Jiko, which were wonderful. The ones at BoG, were better.
The dessert is cute, but not that good.
Meeting the beast after was a bonus. Not a long line either.
At check in, we asked to be in one of the smaller rooms and was worth the 10 minute wait.

I thought my dinner there last December with the new, much maligned and controversial menu changes to be wonderful. I might be in the minority, though, as I am a more adventurous eater and feel the bump up to a signature experience made the dinner so much better and worth it compared to my last dinner there when it was a 1 credit dining experience, where I was underwhelmed and not that impressed by the food or the service ( I ate in the main dining room both times as a solo diner).

Anyway, my last meal was during the XMAS party and still had incredibly attentive wait-staff and incredibly delicious food and I wasn't rushed at all and was always accommodated for all my requests (mostly more wine :o ) I had yummy escargot and a steak dish, believe it was the filet mignon which was out of this world. Loved every minute of it, and though it was very busy that night, that did not affect my experience at all. The only thing was there was a very long wait to get in after checking in at the booth, but that was to be expected. Everyone had a long wait to finally get seated, even with ressies, but this was one of the rare times it was both understood and truly worth the wait - which probably was an hour and indeed the longest wait I ever had for a dining experience in Disney.

Of course, it’s subjective but, we have been there many times especially dinner. Last time was May 2019 & we feel it is worth it given others in MK. We love the French onion soup or Octopus appetizer and the lamb is wonderful. I’m not into spices so they make mine plain- they usually will accommodate special needs. We hate breakfast there and personally would never do that again. I feel it would be with making your ADR for dinner and try it. If you decide later not to go you can always cancel 24hrs before.

It's worth it, once, for the experience. I did it in May and wouldn't do it again just because $60 is a lot of money for not a whole lot of food. Lunch maybe; dinner, nope.

Agree with it not being worth 2 credits now that the menu has changed. We booked it before the menu change because my niece was a fan of the mussels which are no longer on the menu but we kept the reservation because she likes the atmosphere. If I wasn't doing weight watchers I would have been fine but I was a little disappointed with the options I had to choose from with appetizers. I got the scallops for my meal and they were wonderful.

Worth it as a one and done IMO. We did it in December and while it was the best filet I had out of maybe 6 during my stay, the service was the worst just above Hollywood & Vine. It's a big, loud cafeteria with so-so food and there's people walking all around taking pictures while you're trying to enjoy your meal.

...that being said, I have a dinner res for it this October because my in-laws have never been and want to try it. My husband and I would both prefer to go for lunch so I'm hoping something will pop up that I cna switch it.

Dinner was awful once they went to a 2 point meal and changed up their menu. For us, its lunch or skip it entirely.

"Worth it" is definitely subjective. For lunch, i think its a great place to eat considering its a QS meal. I've never been for dinner though. But lunch is great!

The dinner is not enjoyable and not worth the money. We used to love the lunch, but the new menu is disappointing. I just canceled my reservation because they removed the braised pork.

And, with the revised lunch menu, the prices have increased. Most expensive sandwiches I have ever seen in my life.

Worth it as a one and done IMO. We did it in December and while it was the best filet I had out of maybe 6 during my stay, the service was the worst just above Hollywood & Vine. It's a big, loud cafeteria with so-so food and there's people walking all around taking pictures while you're trying to enjoy your meal.

...that being said, I have a dinner res for it this October because my in-laws have never been and want to try it. My husband and I would both prefer to go for lunch so I'm hoping something will pop up that I cna switch it.

If you thought their filet was good, I could not imagine you ate anywhere that really knows how to make a steak...like Narcoossee's or Shula's. The steaks there are amazing.

If you thought their filet was good, I could not imagine you ate anywhere that really knows how to make a steak...like Narcoossee's or Shula's. The steaks there are amazing.
I was surprised, believe me. I had filet that week at The Boathouse, BOG, Jiko, Teppan Edo, Narcoossee's, and CRT....seriously BOG was the best.

Depending on how much you want to be in the castle!
I would gladly spend $60+ for the experience. The food is a bonus.

GET A DISNEY VACATION QUOTE

Dreams Unlimited Travel is committed to providing you with the very best vacation planning experience possible. Our Vacation Planners are experts and will share their honest advice to help you have a magical vacation.

Let us help you with your next Disney Vacation!

facebook twitter