Be Our Guest during MVMCP

Status
Not open for further replies.

LetsTalkWDW

DIS Veteran
[Edited after some great feedback below from DisneyWishes14, sharonabe and DisBuckMan]

This may be of some help to those looking for reservations at Be Our Guest later than 5:30PM on an MVMCP Night AND you plan on buying tickets to MVMCP.

When my Dining Reservation window first opened, I went directly to the Be Our Guest Restaurant page on the Disney website, I could not get anything later than 5:30. I wanted a later reservation because I was planning to attend MVMCP and 5:30 is just too early for dinner,

Tried a few times, no luck.

But then I tried from the general dining page selected the date and time (7:00 PM), hit search and bingo! The reservations did not show up under Be Our Guest but under a category called "Mickey's Very Merry Christmas Party Dining" with a sub category Be Our Guest. (tried to show image below)

YOU MUST HAVE A VALID TICKET FOR MVMCP TO USE THESE RESERVATIONS (although the system will let you make the reservation without a ticket)

Hope this helps someone. Good Luck!!

Last edited:
This may be of some help to those looking for reservations at Be Our Guest later than 5:30PM on an MVMCP Night.

When my Dining Reservation window first opened, I went directly to the Be Our Guest Restaurant page on the Disney website, I could not get anything later than 5:30.
Tried a few times, no luck.

But then I tried from the general dining page selected the date and time (7:00 PM), hit search and bingo! The reservations did not show up under Be Our Guest but under a category called "Mickey's Very Merry Christmas Party Dining" with a sub category Be Our Guest. (tried to show image below)

Hope this helps someone. Good Luck!!

View attachment 409111

These are all reservation times specifically for guests who have tickets for MVMCP that evening. If a guest does not have a ticket to MVMCP, they will not be allowed to dine during these times.

I hope you didn't book it, because as PP said, you MUST have a MVMCP ticket in order to make it to this ADR. That's why they are listed under "Mickey's Very Merry Christmas Party Dining."

Agree with both above. As long as you have tickets to the party on the night you're planning on dining there, you'd be ok going that route. If not, you won't even be allowed to the in the park, much less dine there during the party. The page on Disney's website where you make reservations for MVMCP (and MNSSHP) dining contains the following quotes....

"Purchase tickets to Mickey’s Very Merry Christmas Party for park access, dining reservations and dessert event booking."

"‘Tis the season to spread holiday cheer! On select nights November 8 through December 22, 2019, Magic Kingdom park is hosting Mickey’s Very Merry Christmas Party, an annual celebration of all things fa-la-la-la-fabulous. Elves of all ages are welcome, but a valid party ticket is the only way to enter the park and join the flurry of festivities!"

"Please note: Mickey’s Very Merry Christmas Party tickets are required to book dinner or dessert event reservations. No exceptions will be made."

"Valid tickets to Mickey’s Very Merry Christmas Party are required to make reservations and are not included in the price of dining or dessert party packages."

So, that's 4 times on the reservations page where it clearly states that you need a party ticket to dine during the party. There's also a notice when you're making the reservations, and also one when you get your reservations confirmation by email. Yet, there will still be folks who claim they were never warned that they couldn't dine there without party tickets.

I hope you didn't book it, because as PP said, you MUST have a MVMCP ticket in order to make it to this ADR. That's why they are listed under "Mickey's Very Merry Christmas Party Dining."

Sorry, I should have mentioned that I did buy tickets for MVMCP. But I bought them after I made the dining reservation because I wanted to make sure I could get the ADR before buying the tickets for that night. But thanks for the warning.

I'm glad you guys chimed in, because I was just thinking about people who planned to attend MVMCP but couldn't find ADRs.
I am going to edit my original post to make sure that people know this is the case.

I should point out that as someone who had a later evening dining reservation to Be Our Guest last December, during the party, I actually regretted the time I picked. I picked 6:10 pm. Seems like the perfect time for dinner, no? And relatively close to the start of the party but with enough time to possibly finish your dinner, especially if you arrive 15 minutes before the start of your ressie at the podium

Wrong.

I miscalculated severely how popular and busy Be Our Guest would be during this time for the party. I had my longest wait ever to be seated (as did everyone else, it looked like, judging by the loud complaining and even some shouting from some parties). I waited something close to an hour and a half past my 6:10 reservation before I was seated thus ended up missing the entire start of the ceremony and festivities for the party which many people feel is the best part of it or certainly up there with a highlight of it, along with the projection show later.

So, just keep that in mind, that if you make any reservation from 6pm onward, you are likely to miss the spectacular opening of the party, with the snow falling on Main Street and the lighting of the castle.

I made an earlier dining reservation this year. To me, it will be worth it to eat earlier and get more of my money's worth of the ticket.

Sorry, I should have mentioned that I did buy tickets for MVMCP. But I bought them after I made the dining reservation because I wanted to make sure I could get the ADR before buying the tickets for that night. But thanks for the warning.

I'm glad you guys chimed in, because I was just thinking about people who planned to attend MVMCP but couldn't find ADRs.
I am going to edit my original post to make sure that people know this is the case.
Personally, we never do a TS meal during party time. The tickets are too expensive and the TS takes too long to spend.
We will do a TS before MNSSHP or MVMCP, but do it around 4 pm so we are finished before the party starts. YMMV.

Personally, we never do a TS meal during party time. The tickets are too expensive and the TS takes too long to spend.
We will do a TS before MNSSHP or MVMCP, but do it around 4 pm so we are finished before the party starts. YMMV.
Thanks. I actually ended up changing my BOG reservation to 4:55pm, hopefully, that will give us enough time to eat and still enjoy the party.

That's great. I keep looking for BOG every day for our MVMCP day!

Have you tried any web based reservation finders? There are a couple of good ones out there.

I don't think we are allowed to mention them directly on this forum, but if you search for "Disney dining reservation finder" you will see a few options. Some require a subscription but some (at least one) are free.

Either way I would keep searching on your own in the Disney dining page

I agree. I don't spend expensive party time in a restaurant. I want to be doing party events.

Have you tried any web based reservation finders? There are a couple of good ones out there.

I don't think we are allowed to mention them directly on this forum, but if you search for "Disney dining reservation finder" you will see a few options. Some require a subscription but some (at least one) are free.

Either way I would keep searching on your own in the Disney dining page

Good idea, I might look into that.

Just found this thread - we have a 5:45pm Be Our Guest ADR before the party (we have tickets) - I thought this would be perfect but someone fill me in if you disagree. I am shocked to read that someone would wait an hour for an ADR!

Just found this thread - we have a 5:45pm Be Our Guest ADR before the party (we have tickets) - I thought this would be perfect but someone fill me in if you disagree. I am shocked to read that someone would wait an hour for an ADR!

It depends on what you're goal is for the party. If you're just doing attractions, parades, and fireworks, then you'll be okay. If meeting some of the specialty characters is on your list, then you may want to rethink this ADR.

With a 5:45 ADR, you will almost certainly still be eating when the party officially starts at 7:00. The lines for characters like the 7 dwarves will already be VERY long.

It is a sloooooooow dinner. I would not do it on a party night.

We have tickets to MVMCP with an ADR at BOG for 4:45 p.m. Sounds like this will be good timing for us. It’s early to eat dinner, but it seems like the best choice.

We have tickets to MVMCP with an ADR at BOG for 4:45 p.m. Sounds like this will be good timing for us. It’s early to eat dinner, but it seems like the best choice.
Yes for sure you will. This thread makes we worry a small bit about our 5:45pm, but really I still think it should be fine, esp if we show up 15 min early.

With an ADR for 4:50 on a MVMCP night, how long should I expect to wait in line to get in? I really want to be done in time to enjoy the beginning of the party and the idea of waiting an hour or more in line to be seated for dinner is not appealing. If I’m hoping to actually be seated close to my actual ADR time, how early do I need to get in line?

Status
Not open for further replies.

GET A DISNEY VACATION QUOTE

Dreams Unlimited Travel is committed to providing you with the very best vacation planning experience possible. Our Vacation Planners are experts and will share their honest advice to help you have a magical vacation.

Let us help you with your next Disney Vacation!

Latest posts