Be our Guest lack of value.

I think they really missed the opportunity with the ballroom. There should be an band in the gallery, and periodically have alternating characters come out and do a small waltz.

I think they really missed the opportunity with the ballroom. There should be an band in the gallery, and periodically have alternating characters come out and do a small waltz.
Oooh, I'm seeing a Belle & Beast/Prince engagement party ala the Arendelle Anna & Kristoff engagement party on the Disney Wish. After all, there was no wedding scene in the film and seeing them waltz together in their icon ballroom (and maybe a few royal guest couples?) would make the prix fixe price more justifiable.

Oooh, I'm seeing a Belle & Beast/Prince engagement party ala the Arendelle Anna & Kristoff engagement party on the Disney Wish. After all, there was no wedding scene in the film and seeing them waltz together in their icon ballroom (and maybe a few royal guest couples?) would make the prix fixe price more justifiable.
I was thinking alternate between Belle & Beast, Lumiere & Fifi, Mrs Potts & Cogsworth with a side roll for Chip. Say every 20 mins have the next in the cycle come out and do one dance. Assuming a meal is an hour or so, you'd see all of them at least once. It would give the main ballroom a better reason to sit there.

They used to have the Beast come out for photo ops - is there a throne room?

As long as the place sells out without characters or entertainment, they don't need to justify the price.

I was thinking alternate between Belle & Beast, Lumiere & Fifi, Mrs Potts & Cogsworth with a side roll for Chip. Say every 20 mins have the next in the cycle come out and do one dance. Assuming a meal is an hour or so, you'd see all of them at least once. It would give the main ballroom a better reason to sit there.

They used to have the Beast come out for photo ops - is there a throne room?
and what about the people seated in the other rooms? same cost less features?

As long as the place sells out without characters or entertainment, they don't need to justify the price.
Is it selling out? I thought that people were saying that ADRs were pretty readily available these days.

While it's been a couple of years since I've eaten there, I always enjoyed it, even after the prix fixe menu was instituted. The French onion soup and steak were always on-pointe to me, but it definitely could have changed since then. I did like the QS lunch however. I also totally agree that Beast AND Belle should meet, either tableside or as the after dinner reception in the Library.

I have also had great service there. The last time I went, the soda we were served was off - you know, the soda fountain was out of syrup or CO2 or something. Our waiter ran over to Gaston's Tavern to get us Coke Zeroes so we wouldn't have to wait. Anywya, I have a lot of good feelings associated with the place and I;m almost afraid to go back, lest I tarnish those memories. Then again, I often find the complaints on here about how much worse everything is are often overblown, but that's just me.

Last edited:
I’m sure they would try to find a solution if they did introduce some sort of characters into the main ballroom.

But at the end of the day, there are always preferred seating areas and less preferred. Think of the view in the main area at Space 220 for example.

While it's beena couple of years since I've eaten there, I always enjoyed it, even after the prix fixe menu was instituted. The French onion soup and steak were always on-pointe to me, but it definitely could have changed since then. I did like the QS lunch however. I also totally agree that Beast AND Belle should meet, either tableside or as the after dinner reception in the Library.

I have also had great service there. The last time I went, the soda we were served was off - you know, the soda fountain was out of syrup or CO2 or something. Our waiter ran over to Gaston's Tavern to get us Coke Zeroes so we wouldn't have to wait. Anywya, I have a lot of good feelings associated with the place and I;m almost afraid to go back, lest I tarnish those memories. Then again, I often find the complaints on here about how much worse everything is are often overblown, but that's just me.

I agree, we like BOG. Our first trip we had the QS lunch and it was our best meal of the day and a welcome rest from the heat. Now that it's prix fixe, we make it our last dinner before going home. Maybe I've been lucky, but the steak has always been great.

The worst part of the meal is the Beast walk through. It always feels awkward and he never makes it anywhere close to where we're seated. I'd love to see more characters through, even if they don't stop at tables. It's literally called Be Our Guest and would be so easy to parade the characters through while playing the song.

I’m sure they would try to find a solution if they did introduce some sort of characters into the main ballroom.

But at the end of the day, there are always preferred seating areas and less preferred. Think of the view in the main area at Space 220 for example.

I have never been seated in The West Wing. Honestly, I think I like the main room with the snowy windows the best. It is noisier though, but I still like it. I have been in the Gallery a couple of times too, which is definitely the least exciting.

Last edited:
I have never been seatexd in The West Wing. Honestly, I think I like the main room with the snowy windows the best. It is noisier though, but I still like it. I have been in the Gallery a couple of times too, which is definitely the least exciting.
We have sat in all 3 sections and love the ballroom the best. But only if we get a good table. On our last trip we were at a tiny table for 2 along the wall over where the wait staff comes in and out. It was awful and not worth the money. The times we've been seated down by the snowy windows were magical though.

1712672702508.jpeg

We have sat in all 3 sections and love the ballroom the best. But only if we get a good table. On our last trip we were at a tiny table for 2 along the wall over where the wait staff comes in and out. It was awful and not worth the money. The times we've been seated down by the snowy windows were magical though.

View attachment 849812

Oh, that's lovely! I've never been when they had Christmas decorations out.

I have never been seatexd in The West Wing. Honestly, I think I like the main room with the snowy windows the best. It is noisier though, but I still like it. I have been in the Gallery a couple of times too, which is definitely the least exciting.
We have to request the West Wing every time. Occasionally, we had to wait over 45 minutes to get in. I usually dislike dark haunting themes, but the melancholy here is magical and beautiful. There are also fewer children and loud talkers in this room.

They also really missed the chance for guests to meet Belle and the Beast together. Have them do a walk through the restaurant every hour and meet with guests on the way out.

GET A DISNEY VACATION QUOTE

Dreams Unlimited Travel is committed to providing you with the very best vacation planning experience possible. Our Vacation Planners are experts and will share their honest advice to help you have a magical vacation.

Let us help you with your next Disney Vacation!

Latest posts

facebook twitter