Be Our Guest not on QS plan?

littlele

Mouseketeer
Is this new? I'm waiting to hear back from our travel agent, who suggested that we get reservations for BOG lunch, so we could use our QS plan.

I've booked lunches two times during our stay, but just noticed while booking the last one that this was in the details:

This blurb in the details for BoG has been there for quite some time now. Apparently, people were using their resort refill mugs at the "help yourself" drink stations at BoG. It must have been enough people that they finally had to put this into writing on the reservations. You'll be able to use your QS credit for a meal and you can help yourself to as much as you want to drink at the stations, but use their glasses please. :)

Thanks so much for the clarification! I understood the mug rule (which I thought was weird that it even had to be noted)but was just worried about the ‘QSR not accepted’ part. Thank goodness it’s just a weirdly worded blurb 😬

So the resort mugs would actually work at BOG? How?
No chip needed. Guests just helping themselves to unsupervised soda station. Not the right thing to do. In the chaos that is BOG, people grab whatever and wherever they can. Honour system gone amok.

The OP's question is commonly asked on here. The way it is described by Disney could be clearer to avoid confusion. Saying the refillable MUG is excluded from the dining plan in a separate statement would make more sense. Running all of the words together with those 2 acronyms makes it sound like the dining plan is excluded from that restaurant.

No chip needed. Guests just helping themselves to unsupervised soda station. Not the right thing to do. In the chaos that is BOG, people grab whatever and wherever they can. Honour system gone amok.

I tried to pay for a soda there becuase my husband was having a glass of wine, and wanted a soda with his meal, but the server would not let me. I figured he was adding some Pixie dust to our luncheon.

I tried to pay for a soda there becuase my husband was having a glass of wine, and wanted a soda with his meal, but the server would not let me. I figured he was adding some Pixie dust to our luncheon.
He just didn't want to bother with it.

I’m not sure the server has the ability to charge anything anyways since you make your payment before you sit and the server just brings you your food. They probably tell everyone to help themselves to the fountain drinks if asked at the table.

I’m not sure the server has the ability to charge anything anyways since you make your payment before you sit and the server just brings you your food. They probably tell everyone to help themselves to the fountain drinks if asked at the table.

I was at the kiosk and I am embarrassed to admit I was one of "those" people who had an issue and needed help from a CM. We had the Dining plan, and so we indulged in a glass of wine. I did nto knwo how to order the wine on the plan. The CM told me the soft beverages were self serve and not to pay for the soda.

I was at the kiosk and I am embarrassed to admit I was one of "those" people who had an issue and needed help from a CM. We had the Dining plan, and so we indulged in a glass of wine. I did nto knwo how to order the wine on the plan. The CM told me the soft beverages were self serve and not to pay for the soda.
Oh, I thought you were at the table. Don’t be embarrassed. I’d be one of those people at the kiosk too. Lol. That’s why I preorder and avoid the kiosks like the plague.

Oh, I thought you were at the table. Don’t be embarrassed. I’d be one of those people at the kiosk too. Lol. That’s why I preorder and avoid the kiosks like the plague.

The whole wine thing threw me off! I wanted that lovely Cab, but could not figure out how to order it in advance, and then add a soda. The poor CM probably took pity on the two oldies who like wine during the day, (actually the second glass of wine was for me, Buddy does not like it with food. LOL!) My family is dreading that I am taking two 13 YO's this December and have joked that my sister and I are trying to figure out how to get the beverage assigned to them. Now being behind us in that line would be the kiosk from Hell! LOL!

GET A DISNEY VACATION QUOTE

Dreams Unlimited Travel is committed to providing you with the very best vacation planning experience possible. Our Vacation Planners are experts and will share their honest advice to help you have a magical vacation.

Let us help you with your next Disney Vacation!

Latest posts