Be Our Guest or Cinderellas Royal Table?

DaisyDuck66

A dream is a wish your heart makes!
Hi friends,

Next month I will be booking my ADRs and we are planning to do MNSSHP on our trip this fall. It will be my husband (a man that isnt a huge fan of disney), our almost-1 year old daughter, and me (major disney lover). I am trying to figure out what restaurant we should book for dinner that night. I was thinking CRT but I haven't heard great things about the food lately and I was also thinking of BOG, because I haven't been there yet. Or should we save our dining plan points for something else? Would love to hear your thoughts!

I have no idea about dining points and what the best value would be.

We ate at CRT last spring and thought it was some of the best food we had ever had. We both had salad, chicken, and the chocolate mousse dessert. The menu may have changed since then. We are plain people who do not eat at fancy restaurants- places like Cracker Barrel and Texas Roadhouse are what we like. I suspect some of the people who don’t like the food at CRT and other fancy places at WDW are people who go to very expensive restaurants at home. We have never disliked the food at any of the sit downs we have tried at WDW.

Do you like princesses or Beauty and the Beast more? If meeting the Beast is very important, BOG dinner is the only option. Eating inside Cinderella’s castle is a wonderful experience imo. It is stunningly beautiful inside, the food is good and presented beautifully, and meeting princesses is always fun.

Don’t forget that BOG is quick service for lunch, with much lower prices (and no tip) than dinner. Breakfast is quick service too but more expensive.

Hi friends,

Next month I will be booking my ADRs and we are planning to do MNSSHP on our trip this fall. It will be my husband (a man that isnt a huge fan of disney), our almost-1 year old daughter, and me (major disney lover). I am trying to figure out what restaurant we should book for dinner that night. I was thinking CRT but I haven't heard great things about the food lately and I was also thinking of BOG, because I haven't been there yet. Or should we save our dining plan points for something else? Would love to hear your thoughts!

With a non-Disney loving DH and a one-year old, I would skip both of those and use those credits elsewhere. Your 2 TS credits can be better spent elsewhere if the charm of those restaurants will be lost on the rest of your family. I would recommend choosing a 1 TS dinner in MK and make the ADR prior to the party starting (we like to eat around 5:30 pm on party nights). My choices would be either Skipper Canteen (our favorite) or Liberty Tree Tavern (perhaps look at the menus to see what appeals). If you are interested in doing the special character meets during the party, you may want to skip TS altogether and just do QS at some point during the party so you can line up early for the characters.

With such a young kiddo and a non-Disney husband, those restaurants might not be the best. We love CRT, the good has always been good when I've been there, but I waited till my daughter was into princesses to go. We don't usually do table service at MK if we can't get CRT, but Contemporary is a quick walk away and has Chef Mickey's. The food isn't the highest quality, but it would be fun for your family.

With a non-Disney loving DH and a one-year old, I would skip both of those and use those credits elsewhere. Your 2 TS credits can be better spent elsewhere if the charm of those restaurants will be lost on the rest of your family. I would recommend choosing a 1 TS dinner in MK and make the ADR prior to the party starting (we like to eat around 5:30 pm on party nights). My choices would be either Skipper Canteen (our favorite) or Liberty Tree Tavern (perhaps look at the menus to see what appeals). If you are interested in doing the special character meets during the party, you may want to skip TS altogether and just do QS at some point during the party so you can line up early for the characters.

This is very helpful!!!! Ive been leaning towards CRT but may considered a CS option instead.

Storybook Dining is good and only 1 TS credit instead of 2 like BOG or CRT. Just a boat ride to Wilderness Lodge from MK. We have done the early dinner there (around 430) on our MK day and then returned to the park for a few more rides. Your dD probably won’t care about the princesses but may be more into Dopey and Grumpy. The Evil Queen is there, but she stands at a certain location for meets and doesn’t come to your table (so not scary for little ones)

the princess breakfast at Akershus in Epcot is much more little-kid friendly and less intimidating than CRT, which felt really rigid and rushed to us. Just another option to consider if Epcot is on your agenda or you have a park hopper. Definitely agree with the others though that I'd probably just save the money for doing those when older and pick something more like Chef Mickey's.

Both are unique experiences and I like them both for different reasons, but I wouldn't do either on a party night. Neither are particularly fast experiences and with the cost of the party tickets, I wouldn't waste time on a TS meal.

I have done both and would do CRT. The food, service, and ambiance was better than BOG.

the princess breakfast at Akershus in Epcot is much more little-kid friendly and less intimidating than CRT, which felt really rigid and rushed to us. Just another option to consider if Epcot is on your agenda or you have a park hopper. Definitely agree with the others though that I'd probably just save the money for doing those when older and pick something more like Chef Mickey's.

Thanks! I was looking at Akershus in Epcot. Is it a better breakfast than Chef Mickeys?

Thanks! I was looking at Akershus in Epcot. Is it a better breakfast than Chef Mickeys?
They're very different; not sure which one you'd consider better as it boils down to personal preference. Chef Mickey's is a buffet and is typical American breakfast buffet food (waffles, eggs, meats etc.). Akershus is a combination of an american-style family style platter served at the table with scrambled eggs, bacon/sausage, and potatoes and a small cold-items buffet with fruit, cold cuts and cheeses, with a bit of a scandanavian theme on the cold offerings. Characters are obviously different too (Chef Mickeys is Mickey and crew, Akershus is princesses). Another notable difference is Chef Mickey's is outside the park so you have to build in extra transportation time around that.

They're very different; not sure which one you'd consider better as it boils down to personal preference. Chef Mickey's is a buffet and is typical American breakfast buffet food (waffles, eggs, meats etc.). Akershus is a combination of an american-style family style platter served at the table with scrambled eggs, bacon/sausage, and potatoes and a small cold-items buffet with fruit, cold cuts and cheeses, with a bit of a scandanavian theme on the cold offerings. Characters are obviously different too (Chef Mickeys is Mickey and crew, Akershus is princesses). Another notable difference is Chef Mickey's is outside the park so you have to build in extra transportation time around that.
Agreed - very, very different and really depends what you think time/logistics will allow plus which may be more appealing - mickey characters versus princesses. i love the Akershus experience, personally.

Hi friends,

I will be honest booking dinner during the party is a waste of time. You are spending a lot of extra money to be at the party and there is sooo much to do! We always do a character breakfast that day and then do quick service during the party! We don’t want to spend hours doing a dining reservation when we paid extra to be in the park. Don’t think it won’t be busy. It still will be especially if you have booked a weekend one. You can get into the park with your party ticket at about 4pm. I really wanted to meet Sally and Jack so we ran to haunted mansion and their line was ALREADY 3 hours long. We spent the whole night meeting characters and watching the shows. We had some of the specialty snacks for food and quick service and loved it.

BOG for dinner was tasty, but two sit-downs per person. The theming is awesome. The gray stuff was yum. But for a 1 year old and a husband who's not a huge disney fan, it's a bit too much. To me there had to be a certain level of "I want to be here" to enjoy BOG. My two kids (12 and 9) kind of just shrugged at it and didn't grasp (or care) about what BOG was trying to convey in regards to the Beauty and the Beast story. I'd pass on this.

I will be honest booking dinner during the party is a waste of time. You are spending a lot of extra money to be at the party and there is sooo much to do! We always do a character breakfast that day and then do quick service during the party! We don’t want to spend hours doing a dining reservation when we paid extra to be in the park. Don’t think it won’t be busy. It still will be especially if you have booked a weekend one. You can get into the park with your party ticket at about 4pm. I really wanted to meet Sally and Jack so we ran to haunted mansion and their line was ALREADY 3 hours long. We spent the whole night meeting characters and watching the shows. We had some of the specialty snacks for food and quick service and loved it.
Kind of ironic—so a one hour dinner where you get to meet four princess characters is a waste of time... because you could be spending that time waiting in line for one or two characters?

You still have to eat at some point anyway.

I'm not sure either would be a good choice.
BoG is good, but not worth 2 dining credits for dinner. Your 1 yer old most likely would be scared by the beast.
CRT is a better use of 2 credits, but your 1 year old wouldn't appreciate and I doubt your husband would either if he isn't a big Disney fan.
To stay in MK, I would consider Liberty Tree Tavern or Skippers Canteen (more of the Disney theme you might enjoy)

Hi friends,

Your 1 y.o. isn't going to be charged, so food cost is not the real issue.

However, the 1 y.o. may, MAY, only be able to give you just a bit of time to enjoy either the event or dinner in the evening.

So if you are upcharging to the Halloween Party already, my suggestion is try getting your value out of that.

GET A DISNEY VACATION QUOTE

Dreams Unlimited Travel is committed to providing you with the very best vacation planning experience possible. Our Vacation Planners are experts and will share their honest advice to help you have a magical vacation.

Let us help you with your next Disney Vacation!