Be Our Guest- our experience with the new dinner menu

ColoradoMom12

DIS Veteran
[Double posted this in another thread]

My daughter and I ate at Be Our Guest on Friday night. The big change we noticed was how long dinner took. It was two hours from the time we were seated until we were walking out the door, which was too long for my 7 year-old. I hope this time will become shorter as the staff becomes accustomed to the new changes.

The food (which I photographed and can’t upload here from my phone or iPad; will try again from home when I am back) was a change. A good change for me, although my daughter was disappointed she could no longer order pomme frites with her dinner. The rolls that came out seemed the same as before, which was slightly disappointing. I was hoping for something better from the signature experience. The rest of the food was really good. We are vegetarian so our food choice might not be too exciting. I had the field greens appetizer, which was very large and quite good. I liked the topping, which was a crunchy and slightly sweet seed "brittle". My dinner was the tortellini. The presentation was beautiful. It was very good, although nothing that truly stood out as exceptional. My daughter had the fruit and cheese appetizer and macaroni and cheese for dinner. I dislike the new pricing to the menu because we are vegetarian. I did not feel what we ordered was worth the price. Possibly I would feel differently if we ate meat. The vegetarian dinner, however, was not worth the $55.

The dessert was cute. I didn’t care for the macaron, oddly. Usually I love them. My daughter’s was a standard macaron with the “jam” consistency layer between the two halves. Mine had an oddly flavored (herbal or maybe mint, kind of? I can’t quite describe it) center with three real raspberries. My daughter didn’t want hers so I ate it instead of mine. The children’s dessert was very cute. It was a plate with grey stuff, a chocolate truffle, a macaron, a white chocolate Chip and some “paint” in the colors of the French flag for my daughter to paint chip! It even came with a (nonedible) paintbrush!

Overall, it was very nice not be rushed through dinner at Be Our Guest. In the past, our entrees would arrive after we had hardly touched the appetizers. I always felt like we were being hurried through dinner just so they could keep up a high turnover and seat more. This experience was completely different. We did not feel rushed at all. In fact, as I mentioned in the beginning, dinner felt like it took too long. Two hours was too long my daughter and felt long for me as well. Our reservation was at 5:00. We had almost no wait to be seated. We were finished and walking out the door (waited in a very short line to meet the Beast) at 7:00. The menu is a nice change. I enjoyed my dinner there but, especially as a vegetarian, did not feel it was worth the $55 price tag. I was able to use my Tables in Wonderland card for anyone interested.

I have more photos I will work on uploading once I am home. These are the ones I’m able to post from my phone. Apologies for the bite out of the macaron- my daughter was eager to try her dessert! The children’s dessert was photographed from across the table, so the side you aren’t able to see was facing my daughter.

Attachments

• E66E9A53-579F-4687-AA14-71721771D6A4.jpeg
    E66E9A53-579F-4687-AA14-71721771D6A4.jpeg
    50.7 KB · Views: 328
  • 761A12AE-5C60-4690-9429-9E12050693E4.jpeg
    761A12AE-5C60-4690-9429-9E12050693E4.jpeg
    47.4 KB · Views: 309
  • A7B48011-DCD9-440F-B747-63EB3C864016.jpeg
    A7B48011-DCD9-440F-B747-63EB3C864016.jpeg
    106.2 KB · Views: 308
  • E11775BD-7D82-4217-A8E3-4F6BF7362526.jpeg
    E11775BD-7D82-4217-A8E3-4F6BF7362526.jpeg
    58 KB · Views: 303
  • DD105E77-B9CC-4905-9569-D358413373EE.jpeg
    DD105E77-B9CC-4905-9569-D358413373EE.jpeg
    62 KB · Views: 317
Last edited:
Thank you for this review, it was really well written and I appreciate the photos.

While the new menu looks really enticing, I was worried about it not being worth $55 a person-- and it certainly doesn't look like a 2 TSC meal for DDP users. Sorry you didn't feel it was worth the value, it really sounds like it wasn't. I think I'll probably hold off on BoG dinner for a little bit, but I'm glad to hear that it's a less chaotic and rushed experience now.

Thanks for your review and photos. I don't think its worth the money either just from what I've read, but I'm not a fancy food kind of person to begin with. We do have reservations there for our trip in October because our daughter and SIL want to try it, but I'll continue to follow reviews to see if I really want to do it and possibly cancel.

Thank you for your review!!

DD12 and I have a reservation for November and we are definitely keeping it. I know our apps will be the cheese plate and maybe soup. Filet for our entree and the dessert looks good. I think it's worth it for us.

I saw the review Craig and Kathy did and they felt just about the same way. They both said it was good but probably not worth it if you were vegetarian or on the DDP. I think the only thing that would bother us is that you don't get a choice of dessert as none of what was on the trio looked good to me, I'm probably the only person on earth who isn't thrilled with the grey stuff.

I saw the review Craig and Kathy did and they felt just about the same way. They both said it was good but probably not worth it if you were vegetarian or on the DDP. I think the only thing that would bother us is that you don't get a choice of dessert as none of what was on the trio looked good to me, I'm probably the only person on earth who isn't thrilled with the grey stuff.

We don't get the DDP but I agree. It's a bad deal on the DDP.

Nice review but I still don't see 2 credits there and after a truly disastrous meal we had there in June I don't see us spending 2 credits there when I can go to Jiko, Citrico's or the California Grill. My girls have both vetoed this place for our next trip.

I’d be our guest better for dinner or lunch?
I haven't done dinner yet will in 3 weeks BUT I don't know that lunch or dinner can be compared to each other as lunch is a QS meal, Ive eaten that a few times and other than the braised pork (which I didnt try) we thought it was pretty mediocre, the experience was what we liked tho. Now breakfast some seem to think is mediocre but we enjoyed it, its a QS as well and the food is decent..

Made my ADR on my 180 day, cancelled it this week. Think we will try something else, especially do not like to sit for 2 hours.

Amazing review & fantastic pictures! Will be there Saturday night & am excited to try the new menu!

Although I agree with other posters - 2 hours is waayy too long. Yikes!

Just returned from WDW and dined at BOG. Overall, I thought the meal was quite good and a bargain compared with other "signature" restaurants if you are using the 10% AP/DVC discount since it includes 3 courses as well as a beverage. The waitress was able to split the salad for us and we shared one meat and cheese plate. This allowed us to add some of the meat and cheeses to each of our salads. For entrees, my wife had the filet and I had the lamb chops which were very nice. As for dessert, my wife does not like the grey stuff, so she was able to get a second macaron as a substitute for it. We thought the macaron was really good as was the truffle. The grey stuff was the grey stuff. Not being into white chocolate, the Chip cup did nothing for me. The little chocolate mat on the dessert plate is also edible if one so desires.

Last edited:
It sounds lovely, and obviously they need to work out some kinks, having just made the change. I do feel that the pricing for vegetarians is at times unfair. The menu's often lack in creativity and offer very few selections. $55 for tortellini compared to a lamb entree, would be hard to swallow!

Just returned from WDW and dined at BOG. Overall, I thought the meal was quite good and a bargain compared with other "signature" restaurants if you are using the 10% AP/DVC discount since it includes 3 courses as well as a beverage. The waitress was able to split the salad for us and we shared one meat and cheese plate. This allowed us to add some of the meat and cheeses to each of our salads. For entrees, my wife had the filet and I had the lamb chops which were very nice. As for dessert, my wife does not like the grey stuff, so she was able to get a second macaron as a substitute for it. We thought the macaron was really good as was the truffle. The grey stuff was the grey stuff. Not being into white chocolate, the Chip cup did nothing for me. The little chocolate mat on the dessert plate is also edible if one so desires.
did your experience take two hours as well?

did your experience take two hours as well?
No. We probably took about an hour and a half, but my wife and I tend do our dinners at a slow pace. As is often the case, some waiters/waitresses like to expedite their tables, while some do not rush you. I saw others around us sitting down later, but finishing sooner. Once seated, it shouldn't take 2 hours. I think ColoradoMom12 was one of the first to dine with the new menu so they were still probably getting their act together.

This was really helpful, thank you. I’m hoping that, if we tell them we are not looking to linger over our meal, we might not take 90+ mins. We are there for the atmosphere and to meet the Beast, and don’t want to lose too much park time.

Does anyone know whether my 14 year old will be able to order off the kids’ menu? I don’t mind paying the adult price for her if they are really strict, but the food on the kids’ menu would suit her preferences better. We are on DxDP but I think we may pay OOP since it’s not great value on the DP.

This was really helpful, thank you. I’m hoping that, if we tell them we are not looking to linger over our meal, we might not take 90+ mins. We are there for the atmosphere and to meet the Beast, and don’t want to lose too much park time.

Does anyone know whether my 14 year old will be able to order off the kids’ menu? I don’t mind paying the adult price for her if they are really strict, but the food on the kids’ menu would suit her preferences better. We are on DxDP but I think we may pay OOP since it’s not great value on the DP.

I don't have recent experience with the kids' menu, but although it states 9 and under, I wouldn't think they would hassle you about it. It might reduce their tip based on the total bill, but I wouldn't be as generous if they forced me to order the adult meal. I don't know how picky Disney is about enforcing it.

[Double posted this in another thread]

My daughter and I ate at Be Our Guest on Friday night. The big change we noticed was how long dinner took. It was two hours from the time we were seated until we were walking out the door, which was too long for my 7 year-old. I hope this time will become shorter as the staff becomes accustomed to the new changes.

The food (which I photographed and can’t upload here from my phone or iPad; will try again from home when I am back) was a change. A good change for me, although my daughter was disappointed she could no longer order pomme frites with her dinner. The rolls that came out seemed the same as before, which was slightly disappointing. I was hoping for something better from the signature experience. The rest of the food was really good. We are vegetarian so our food choice might not be too exciting. I had the field greens appetizer, which was very large and quite good. I liked the topping, which was a crunchy and slightly sweet seed "brittle". My dinner was the tortellini. The presentation was beautiful. It was very good, although nothing that truly stood out as exceptional. My daughter had the fruit and cheese appetizer and macaroni and cheese for dinner. I dislike the new pricing to the menu because we are vegetarian. I did not feel what we ordered was worth the price. Possibly I would feel differently if we ate meat. The vegetarian dinner, however, was not worth the $55.

The dessert was cute. I didn’t care for the macaron, oddly. Usually I love them. My daughter’s was a standard macaron with the “jam” consistency layer between the two halves. Mine had an oddly flavored (herbal or maybe mint, kind of? I can’t quite describe it) center with three real raspberries. My daughter didn’t want hers so I ate it instead of mine. The children’s dessert was very cute. It was a plate with grey stuff, a chocolate truffle, a macaron, a white chocolate Chip and some “paint” in the colors of the French flag for my daughter to paint chip! It even came with a (nonedible) paintbrush!

Overall, it was very nice not be rushed through dinner at Be Our Guest. In the past, our entrees would arrive after we had hardly touched the appetizers. I always felt like we were being hurried through dinner just so they could keep up a high turnover and seat more. This experience was completely different. We did not feel rushed at all. In fact, as I mentioned in the beginning, dinner felt like it took too long. Two hours was too long my daughter and felt long for me as well. Our reservation was at 5:00. We had almost no wait to be seated. We were finished and walking out the door (waited in a very short line to meet the Beast) at 7:00. The menu is a nice change. I enjoyed my dinner there but, especially as a vegetarian, did not feel it was worth the $55 price tag. I was able to use my Tables in Wonderland card for anyone interested.

I have more photos I will work on uploading once I am home. These are the ones I’m able to post from my phone. Apologies for the bite out of the macaron- my daughter was eager to try her dessert! The children’s dessert was photographed from across the table, so the side you aren’t able to see was facing my daughter.

Yikes! I have to agree that is priced a bit high for a vegetarian option. Actually, IMHO, and after eating there a few times already, I find the $55pp fixed menu to be high for what they're serving. I mean, the food in the past was okay but I wouldn't describe it as great. I also wouldn't put it in the same category as other signature restaurants on property. BOG is always on my DD's list but it will be interesting to see if she'll still be interested once she sees the options now.

This will be the first trip we aren't doing BOG dinner since it opened. Im not happy with the new menu or the pricing. I never felt rushed prior and always enjoyed their strip steak and frites. Very disappointing.

GET A DISNEY VACATION QUOTE

Dreams Unlimited Travel is committed to providing you with the very best vacation planning experience possible. Our Vacation Planners are experts and will share their honest advice to help you have a magical vacation.

Let us help you with your next Disney Vacation!

facebook twitter