Be Our Guest prix fixe dinner - how long does it take?

Liddypool

Mouseketeer
Hi everyone! On average, how long does dinner at BOG take with the new prix fixe menu? And is there a line to meet the Beast after eating? Our reservation is for 4:50 PM if that makes a difference.

My husband and I are attending MNSSHP on 10/28, while my Dad watches our 1-yr-old son (my Dad is a local). This will be our only park time just the two of us, so we want to enjoy the party entertainment, but we also want to do things that we can’t easily do with our young son - like dinner at BOG.

In my limited experience (we went to only one MNSSHP last year, the first one in August), especially considering they seem to have raised the number of tickets available this year and crowding is becoming an issue, you should not use party time to eat a sit-down meal. You'll probably miss out on activities and feel rushed to eat. The 45 min- 1 hour you'll be inside BOG will be better used doing something else.

Dinner was taking up to two hours recently with the changes. That may be better now but like the above poster said, I wouldn't waste party time on it as much as you are paying for that party

Party official start time is 7 PM. It's up to each individual how they choose to spend bonus - or even actual party - time.

@Liddypool, figure about an hour.

I'd be interested to know as well how long dinner is taking for people since the new menu was launched. Anyone out there who has done it recently (not right at the menu change because that always does take longer)? We are doing the same thing as you. We are attending the party on our anniversary and taking advantage of not having our little guy with us either in order to eat the pre fix at BOG. And no, I don't feel like many other people on this board...that it is a waste of our time. Everyone has very different plans and goals for their party time. Ours happens to be that we don't have our son with us so a nice dinner is fine. We don't trick-or-treat or spend hours in line meeting characters since it is not our priority. For other people it is and they wouldn't want to eat a dinner. We are there to see the park at Halloween, catch the parade and fireworks and have a dinner out. Anything else we get to do will just be extra fun.

I'd be interested to know as well how long dinner is taking for people since the new menu was launched. Anyone out there who has done it recently (not right at the menu change because that always does take longer)? We are doing the same thing as you. We are attending the party on our anniversary and taking advantage of not having our little guy with us either in order to eat the pre fix at BOG. And no, I don't feel like many other people on this board...that it is a waste of our time. Everyone has very different plans and goals for their party time. Ours happens to be that we don't have our son with us so a nice dinner is fine. We don't trick-or-treat or spend hours in line meeting characters since it is not our priority. For other people it is and they wouldn't want to eat a dinner. We are there to see the park at Halloween, catch the parade and fireworks and have a dinner out. Anything else we get to do will just be extra fun.

Exactly! A relaxing, toddler-free dinner at BOG is a special treat for us as new parents, and worth our limited time that evening. But I know that's different for every person depending on what they want to accomplish during the party.

Based on the replies, it sounds like we should plan for 1-2 hours. I would prefer closer to the 1-1.5 hour time, but I still think up to 2 hours would be worth it for the dinner experience at BOG.

Recent reports suggest 1 1/2 - 2 hours for the new menu. Will probably be closer to 90 minutes, but maybe plan for the 2 hours just in case.

If you want it to be faster, tell your server. Ask for the check w dessert. Then you can leave as soon as you are done w dessert. The server should be able to get you in and out in an hour if you want

If you want it to be faster, tell your server. Ask for the check w dessert. Then you can leave as soon as you are done w dessert. The server should be able to get you in and out in an hour if you want

Thank you! That’s great advice.

GET A DISNEY VACATION QUOTE

Dreams Unlimited Travel is committed to providing you with the very best vacation planning experience possible. Our Vacation Planners are experts and will share their honest advice to help you have a magical vacation.

Let us help you with your next Disney Vacation!

facebook twitter