Be Our Guest Prix Fixe: kids meals?

40ariel

Mouseketeer
Does anyone have any reviews or pictures of the kids meals offered for the Prix Fixe dinner? My son enjoyed the grilled cheese and fries the last time we went, but it does not seem to be offered anymore.

My daughter ordered the fruit, cheese, and crackers as an appetizer. Pretty basic. She had the mac and cheese for dinner and liked it. It does come with bread crumbs on the top, but my daughter ordered it without any. The dessert was really cute! It’s a white chocolate Chip that can be painted with the paintbrush and icing. It also comes with a chocolate something (truffle I think), a macaron, and of course, the grey stuff!

We enjoyed our dinner. I will say that it took a very, very long time. While I appreciated not being rushed through dinner (as I always felt prior to the switch to the new menu), my daughter and I were both impatient by the time we finally left. It was two hours from the time we entered until we left (we waited in a short line to meet the Beast). It was the first night of the new menu the night we ate there, so I am assuming some of the slowness we encountered was due to everyone just needing to get used to the changes. I’m hopeful it will be faster as time goes on. Two hours is a very long time for dinner!

I’ll also add that I didn’t feel the price tag was worth it. It was a nice change, we really enjoyed it, but I am on the fence about whether we would do it again.

Attachments

• DF247881-EF59-450D-8504-0B1241E186F1.jpeg
    DF247881-EF59-450D-8504-0B1241E186F1.jpeg
    50.7 KB · Views: 99
  • 26D76EC2-3CEC-4DD1-A129-CA81F218202C.jpeg
    26D76EC2-3CEC-4DD1-A129-CA81F218202C.jpeg
    47.4 KB · Views: 93
  • 020E46AF-F028-4290-A395-01B5FE096E97.jpeg
    020E46AF-F028-4290-A395-01B5FE096E97.jpeg
    165.9 KB · Views: 94
My daughter ordered the fruit, cheese, and crackers as an appetizer. Pretty basic. She had the mac and cheese for dinner and liked it. It does come with bread crumbs on the top, but my daughter ordered it without any. The dessert was really cute! It’s a white chocolate Chip that can be painted with the paintbrush and icing. It also comes with a chocolate something (truffle I think), a macaron, and of course, the grey stuff!

We enjoyed our dinner. I will say that it took a very, very long time. While I appreciated not being rushed through dinner (as I always felt prior to the switch to the new menu), my daughter and I were both impatient by the time we finally left. It was two hours from the time we entered until we left (we waited in a short line to meet the Beast). It was the first night of the new menu the night we ate there, so I am assuming some of the slowness we encountered was due to everyone just needing to get used to the changes. I’m hopeful it will be faster as time goes on. Two hours is a very long time for dinner!

I’ll also add that I didn’t feel the price tag was worth it. It was a nice change, we really enjoyed it, but I am on the fence about whether we would do it again.

I also think the the cost of the kids dinner is way too high. I am also surprised at the vegetarian choice offered on the adult meal. Those are very expensive tortellini! We have a few OOP meals and this one woud be off the table.

Probably any restaurant that uses a French phrase to describe their 'fixed price' menu will be pricey.

:confused3 Probably any restaurant that uses a French phrase to describe its fixed price menu will be following typical restaurant practices.

Thank you ColoradoMom for your photos and review! The dessert looks fantastic for kids! The appetizer cheese and fruit plate also looks very nice.

Does anyone have any reviews or pictures of the chicken, beef or shrimp dishes?

Probably any restaurant that uses a French phrase to describe their 'fixed price' menu will be pricey.

And for further reference, the prix fix (also with the French phrase) at Chefs is only $39.99, and is a very good value.

I don't have pictures but my kids ordered the beef (pretty typical steak) and shrimp (not very much food - it is served on a skewer and had maybe 4 or 5 shrimp) but they liked the taste of both. They did not care for the cheese starter which had sharper-type cheddar. They all went absolutely nuts for the dessert both on presentation and taste.

That said, it was the one place we went last week where we really were not satisfied as adults. The atmosphere is very crowded and noisy - we could not even have a conversation. The service was also extremely slow (e.g., we were thirsty from a day in the parks, but I had to wait 30 minutes to get my waiter's attention to refill an empty water glass, and we had to wait forever for the check after we were all ready to go). My pork was also not very good and very under cooked, but since the waiter never checked in for me to send it back I had to nibble around the cooked edges.

MomOTwins, thank you for your review of the beef and shrimp as well as the cheese starter and dessert. I am sorry to hear you had a disappointing service. It is a lot of money to pay for a meal to be unable to get your water refilled.

MomOTwins, thank you for your review of the beef and shrimp as well as the cheese starter and dessert. I am sorry to hear you had a disappointing service. It is a lot of money to pay for a meal to be unable to get your water refilled.

It happens, but in hindsight, I can’t say I am too surprised given there are probably five times as many tables crammed in there than a normal signature restaurant.

It happens, but in hindsight, I can’t say I am too surprised given there are probably five times as many tables crammed in there than a normal signature restaurant.
Then they're taking in five times the revenue and need five times the staffing.

I'm curious if the number of tables at dinner is the same as, or greater than, the number of tables at breakfast and lunch? Aside from this - two credits doesn't make this a signature location. I think they refer to it a event of special event?

GET A DISNEY VACATION QUOTE

Dreams Unlimited Travel is committed to providing you with the very best vacation planning experience possible. Our Vacation Planners are experts and will share their honest advice to help you have a magical vacation.

Let us help you with your next Disney Vacation!

facebook twitter