Be Our Guest

SteveInOmaha

Mouseketeer
I just figured out that this place takes (and needs) reservations for lunch. And I already missed that window for our early December trip.

1) What are the odds that a lunch reservation will open up? If I continue to try every day will I just get more frustrated . . . or are you sayin' there's a chance?
2) If the line is out the door, how does it work to order your food online? Can you get in to pick up your food, and while you're in there is there a possibility that you'll get a table?

Same day lunch reservations were available for BOG this past week.

I actually canceled my reservation (that I had made about 2 weeks prior) 2 days before because I didn't want to be tied down to a reservation time.

Then when I was in MK and getting hungry for lunch I checked to see what was available. Every single TS restaurant had availability within the next hour or so.

I ended up just doing a mobile order at Columbia Harbor House and thoroughly enjoyed my lobster roll and hush puppies.

And to answer your second question, order online then check in and select a table and grab your drinks. You'll find a seat. They will bring your food to you. It may take a while.

I would keep trying for reservations, however, not every day. People change their minds and cancel all the time. My advice try at 30 days out (vacation packages must be paid in full or cancelled), 5 days out (room only reservations cancelled for full refund) or 24 to 48 hours before the time you'd like your reservation (a no show fee of $10 is charged if not canceled then)

And to answer your second question, order online then check in and select a table and grab your drinks. You'll find a seat. They will bring your food to you. It may take a while.
Thanks! To be sure I'm understanding, if I order online I can walk past all the people waiting in line for a table, and just sit down at one? Then someone brings my food to me?

Thanks! To be sure I'm understanding, if I order online I can walk past all the people waiting in line for a table, and just sit down at one? Then someone brings my food to me?
Except the line (in my experience and it wasn't particularly recent) is not a line for a table but rather a line to place an order at the kiosks.

And no matter how you place your order (online ahead of time or at the kiosks in the restaurant) they will bring your food to you at your table.

The people you walk past are not waiting for a table. They are waiting to order.
If you preorder you will walk up the left side of the bridge and to the cash register instead of waiting on the right side of the bridge to order at a kiosk.
After you confirm and pay for your order you walk in and find a seat. They will not overbook so you will find a table.
Then they bring your food to your table.

Just to be clear. I don’t think you can order online and just walk up and get a table unless you also have a reservation. I wasn’t sure if this is what your question was hinting at or not.

Just to be clear. I don’t think you can order online and just walk up and get a table unless you also have a reservation. I wasn’t sure if this is what your question was hinting at or not.

Correct. The only way that preorder is an option is if you have an ADR.
Preorder is not the same thing as mobile order and BOG does not offer mobile order.
I do not believe that the OP thought they would do so without having an ADR.

Correct. The only way that preorder is an option is if you have an ADR.
Preorder is not the same thing as mobile order and BOG does not offer mobile order.
I do not believe that the OP thought they would do so without having an ADR.
Thanks. Just so you all don't think I'm "that guy", I was not trying to bend any rules! I interpreted other replies to mean that without a reservation I could order food online and then just walk in a sit at a table. I now realize that's not how it works. I didn't even know that pre-order and online order were 2 different things. I appreciate the expertise in here!

Thanks. Just so you all don't think I'm "that guy", I was not trying to bend any rules! I interpreted other replies to mean that without a reservation I could order food online and then just walk in a sit at a table. I now realize that's not how it works. I didn't even know that pre-order and online order were 2 different things. I appreciate the expertise in here!

Just for further clarification.

Its preorder for Be Our Guest (you have to have an ADR and then you go online to your reservation and click the link that takes you to the preorder page).
Mobile Order is when you use the app to order food while you are in the parks.
BOG does not offer this feature.

"1) What are the odds that a lunch reservation will open up? If I continue to try every day will I just get more frustrated . . . or are you sayin' there's a chance?"

There is definitely a chance that an ADR will open up people cancel or change plans a lot. I signed up for a free dining reservation alert thingy because I work and can't check regularly. It worked well and after three alerts while was on the units at work or when I was out I finally got an alert when I was near a computer and now we have a dinner reservation the week of 11/2.

Touring plans reservation finder got me the California Grill reservation this morning at the time I was hoping for. Try it and you might get the reservation you are seeking.

1) What are the odds that a lunch reservation will open up? If I continue to try every day will I just get more frustrated . . . or are you sayin' there's a chance?
Definitely keep trying! Especially once you get to within 60 days in. Some people grab multiple reservations for their stays and once they make their FP selections at either 60 days out(on-site guests) or 30 days out (off-site guests) and their plans become more finalized they will drop the reservations they no longer need.
Also check the ADR cancellation threads here at Disboards.

"1) What are the odds that a lunch reservation will open up? If I continue to try every day will I just get more frustrated . . . or are you sayin' there's a chance?"

There is definitely a chance that an ADR will open up people cancel or change plans a lot. I signed up for a free dining reservation alert thingy because I work and can't check regularly. It worked well and after three alerts while was on the units at work or when I was out I finally got an alert when I was near a computer and now we have a dinner reservation the week of 11/2.
How do I get the alerts?

I just figured out that this place takes (and needs) reservations for lunch. And I already missed that window for our early December trip.

2) If the line is out the door, how does it work to order your food online? Can you get in to pick up your food, and while you're in there is there a possibility that you'll get a table?
I kept checking online for our November trip and all of a sudden I found a reservation today so maybe check off and on when you have time. Good luck

Check while there too. People change plans a lot while on vacation. Same day and next day

There are tons of openings the week you are at WDW. Hoarders cancel and plans change. We could have gotten any almost meal we wanted the day before or the day of.

GET A DISNEY VACATION QUOTE

Dreams Unlimited Travel is committed to providing you with the very best vacation planning experience possible. Our Vacation Planners are experts and will share their honest advice to help you have a magical vacation.

Let us help you with your next Disney Vacation!

facebook twitter