Be uncool! Report them!

sorry one more!!!

Top story on news tonight - Lakefront closed until further notice! Thanks to all the people who didn't care, now we all pay! Showing police patrols all over city breaking up all the crowds of people ignoring the shelter in place guidelines.

Good job everyone, way to take care of each other.

In actuality the CPD has been shutting down these gatherings for the past few days all over the city and when we were walking home they were all gone so...
They could have left on their own and had zero police contact. A police car may not have been able to even get there especially if y'all have so many calls they are attending to.

There is a (clothing) store right on the main street through town that hasn't closed. Not sure how it is still open. Cops have to drive by in 100's of times per day. If there was an easy (ie online) way to report them I would. It is not fair that this one store gets to stay open but many other smaller, newer stores are following the order and are closed.

Sweden and Denmark have refused social distancing and they have not had any more spread of Covid-19 than any other country. It's actually lower than most countries so …..
OOOO OOOO Cherry Picking. I love that game. I wanna try. Pick Me. Me Me Me OOOO OOOO Pick Me.
California has roughly 4 times the population of Sweden and has just 1.2 times the cases of Corona and the former hasn't refused social distancing.
California has roughly 7 times the population of Denmark and has just 1.7 times the cases of Corona.

Ta Daaaaaaaa.

Cherry picking is so fun. MMMMMM MMMMMM.

Walked through the park today. Hubs had the dog, I had my rats in a carrier keeping our distance from everyone and getting some sun. There was one group of eight people playing frisbee golf, several families out with dogs, and one basketball game with maybe ten teens. While I understand people are being idiots and making it hard on the rest of us I'm not calling and reporting anyone. Momma didn't raise no narc. I don't know anything about the gathering and I'm not doing anyone's job for them.

That is how I feel. How do I know that these people aren't living in the same house, or that they are neighbors and have only spent time with each other since this started.
Maybe those guys the OP saw work together so they are in contact with each other every day anyway.

That is how I feel. How do I know that these people aren't living in the same house, or that they are neighbors and have only spent time with each other since this started.
Maybe those guys the OP saw work together so they are in contact with each other every day anyway.

20 to 30 people? :D

Our city put out a notice not to call 311 or 911 for noncompliance with social distancing since the calls go through the same dispatch center. They don’t want the lines overloaded with non-safety related calls.

Our city put out a notice not to call 311 or 911 for noncompliance with social distancing since the calls go through the same dispatch center. They don’t want the lines overloaded with non-safety related calls.

Our city did not. Not yet anyways.

Most certainly follow your own city's guidance. :)

Sweden and Denmark have refused social distancing and they have not had any more spread of Covid-19 than any other country. It's actually lower than most countries so …..
Denmark isn't even close to refusing the situation, looks serious to me.
https://www.theatlantic.com/ideas/archive/2020/03/denmark-freezing-its-economy-should-us/608533/with an insane stimulus package that surpasses ours per capita and GDP
https://www.usnews.com/news/world/a...a-hit-denmark-extends-lockdown-until-april-13and a somewhat lighter lockdown but already posted to at least April 13th.

This quarantine already existed in US law under 1 of the 9 permissible contagions. It's part of what it means to be an Amurican by the documents people claim so dear. American to me is doing what you like as long as you aren't harming anybody. Right now there's a concerted effort to get this under control while there is still a window to do so. This is what we are trying together as a society under the mutual guidance of those actually experienced in epidemiology and infrastructure limitations. I probably would've been one of the defiant at 20yo too but it still doesn't make it right.

I'm not ratting and in some way I sympathize but will laugh when they get a well deserved ticket. It's like at a speeder weaving through traffic. Maybe they have good excuse but 99% do not. They put themselves and others in danger and potentially tie up essential resources. Every weaving speeder doesn't result in damage but collectively the act does.

I do want to thank you all.

I'm getting a kick out of being called a rat, a fink, "snitches get stitches" - I am second generation Italian, my father will laugh at this, but then get mad. :D

And for the cheap seats in the back - I did NOT call 911. I called the non-emergency number, 311. 311 told me to call 911 as they are fielding these calls (for now) to dispatch a car. The 911 person was not unhappy to speak to me. Perhaps they are viewing this as an emergency.

Last edited:
20 to 30 people? :D

Yes, some companies actually have that many people still working at "the office" or at the hospital, or grocery store or Target or Walmart or Home Depot :thumbsup2 You know those essential places that are still open.
It isn't always possible to not have contact with the people you work with you know,

Last edited:
sorry one more!!!

Top story on news tonight - Lakefront closed until further notice! Thanks to all the people who didn't care, now we all pay! Showing police patrols all over city breaking up all the crowds of people ignoring the shelter in place guidelines.

Good job everyone, way to take care of each other.
Reading into it maybe this was a case of doomed to fail? I'm not advocating for people to congrate in groups of more than 10 people. But it sounds like many others were following what they could do (get out and hike, walk, etc) but that too many people had the same idea? Although yes it sounds like groups of more than 10 were there as well.

Was reading an article and it mentioned this for the 606 trail (have no clue where that would be located at): "The lanes on the trail are each 5 feet wide with 2 feet wide walk lanes, so it’s a challenge to maintain proper social distancing. Runners navigated past one another Wednesday with just inches in between." So maybe even if wanting citizens to be able to go out and about outside some places would allow for proper distancing? Maybe most people were ok with being at the Lakefront trail area but with too many people it became too crowded? Just guessing here.

We went to 3 different parks today 1 was quite large, 2 others were smaller. It was so so easy to keep our distance from other people I'm hoping they don't try to close the parks here for crowding reason we just have a lot of parks to help spread it out.

There is a (clothing) store right on the main street through town that hasn't closed. Not sure how it is still open. Cops have to drive by in 100's of times per day. If there was an easy (ie online) way to report them I would. It is not fair that this one store gets to stay open but many other smaller, newer stores are following the order and are closed.

In my county and also at the state level, I believe, they have a way for employees to report their employers for refusing to comply with the closures. I wouldn’t hesitate to report my employer in this circumstance.

They've closed our beaches and public parks/trails because of the number of people that were going to them. I live in the Los Angeles area.

I figure we're a couple of weeks behind Europe, so am keeping a watchful eye on what is happening. A couple of weeks ago my cousins (they live in northern Spain) were pleading with me to start social distancing. This is right before we started hearing about doing that here in the US. I was planning on going out with my friends that same weekend (ended up staying home). One of them and I were video chatting today, and they've been in self-quarantine for about a month now. Their restrictions are much stricter than ours, and people are not going out in the streets. There is a fine the first time, and possible jail. I saw a video today of police taking a motorcyclist down who got belligerent with them, and last week, I think, I saw a video where a police officer jumped after a tourist in a resort pool that was ignoring the quarantine rules they have there. My cousin was saying that they didn't take this seriously at first, and now their hospitals are overflowing and they are short on resources. We're seeing that now here, and I think it's going to get much worse.

I wouldn't call 911 myself, but I won't be surprised if reinforcements are called in because people insist that they shouldn't have to self-regulate. It's hard enough for the people that have no choice, and my heart and respect go out to them. But I think that the people that go out and flaunt the rules just because are disgraceful and putting the weaker population unnecessarily at risk.

Last edited:

Exactly. It is improbable, of course, with very large gatherings like a football game. But around me, people are reporting much smaller groups too, as I said before. Like 3-4 people playing basketball or a multigenerational household taking a walk or siblings out skateboarding together. Any group that isn't very, very obviously parent and child or husband and wife is raising eyebrows in my community, and that's just not right. We're down to "just" the five of us now, but a year ago I had four teens/young adults under my roof. They'd be breaking no rules being together but in the current atmosphere would likely be harassed for doing so in public. Heck, one of my neighbors lectured me because DD11 was playing in the yard with a friend, who I watch because her mom is an essential worker. Because apparently "looking out for one another" these days means not helping friends and leaving young kids home alone (or with much-higher-risk grandparents) if their parents still have to work while the schools are closed.

OOOO OOOO Cherry Picking. I love that game. I wanna try. Pick Me. Me Me Me OOOO OOOO Pick Me.
California has roughly 4 times the population of Sweden and has just 1.2 times the cases of Corona and the former hasn't refused social distancing.
California has roughly 7 times the population of Denmark and has just 1.7 times the cases of Corona.

Ta Daaaaaaaa.

Cherry picking is so fun. MMMMMM MMMMMM.

View attachment 483414
I want that dark cherry by the front rim please :)

They've closed our beaches and public parks/trails because of the number of people that were going to them. I live in the Los Angeles area.

I figure we're a couple of weeks behind Europe, so am keeping a watchful eye on what is happening. A couple of weeks ago my cousins (they live in northern Spain) were pleading with me to start social distancing. This is right before we started hearing about doing that here in the US. I was planning on going out with my friends that same weekend (ended up staying home). One of them and I were video chatting today, and they've been in self-quarantine for about a month now. Their restrictions are much stricter than ours, and people are not going out in the streets. There is a fine the first time, and possible jail. I saw a video today of police taking a motorcyclist down who got belligerent with them, and last week, I think, I saw a video where a police officer jumped after a tourist in a resort pool that was ignoring the quarantine rules they have there. My cousin was saying that they didn't take this seriously at first, and now their hospitals are overflowing and they are short on resources. We're seeing that now here, and I think it's going to get much worse.

I wouldn't call 911 myself, but I won't be surprised if reinforcements are called in because people insist that they shouldn't have to self-regulate. It's hard enough for the people that have no choice, and my heart and respect go out to them. But I think that the people that go out and flaunt the rules just because are disgraceful and putting the weaker population unnecessarily at risk.

The people in hot zones are pleading for others to take heed and try something to alter the impacts. It doesn't mean panic. It means make a plan. Use your time lead and 21st century smarts to fight back.

GET A DISNEY VACATION QUOTE

Dreams Unlimited Travel is committed to providing you with the very best vacation planning experience possible. Our Vacation Planners are experts and will share their honest advice to help you have a magical vacation.

Let us help you with your next Disney Vacation!