Beach Club Availability

CanadaDisney05

DIS Veteran
While doing all of my research I kept hearing about how difficult it was to book Beach Club studios at 7 months. When purchasing, I basically wrote off ever staying there for a full vacation. We generally only travel in July/August FWIW. Today, for fun I was browsing the availability tool and it looks like startingJune 9 its full availability. While we are still a couple of weeks away from the 7 month mark, this surprised me. I checked out the other holy grail of rooms (BWV standards, AKL Values, BLT Standards etc...) and their availability seemed to be much more sparce.

If booking right at the 7 month mark at 8 AM EST, is getting BCV studio really that difficult?

BCV has a good number of studios. Do not get fooled by widespread availability at the 7 month mark a few weeks before.
You are going before F&W which does help.

While walking isnt bulletproof at 7 months like it is at 11, it might help...just sayin.

I have had luck with BCV wait lists. I would make that ASAP if I did not get in at 7 months, so you are at the top of the list.

I had a difficult time finding a studio for the beginning of March for a week -
but I usually only travel Feb/ March
Good luck ,you will have to post back how you do !
I also did the wait list immediately at 7 months

Nothing is impossible and if you are on right at 8 am at 7 months you have a chance.

Summer will just be starting for many schools when you were looking so it could pick up in terms of difficulty.

One thing to look at is how it looks a few days after 7 months. If it gone, then it’s not going to be an easy to get. Or I check about an hour in to see how things are a few weeks ahead of when I want. If it seems things aren’t gone by 9, then I am less worried!

I walked a 2-bedroom at Beach Club for the end of March. I walked it for a couple weeks because I was seeing availability fill up fast. I got blocked, and then I got lucky getting back on RIGHT at 8 a.m. one day and then continuing the walk to the dates I wanted. If I hadn't been super diligent, I would not have gotten a room there. So yes, it is difficult at 7 months but not impossible. I don't think I will be going through that again. Too much stress, but the family wanted to try SAB.

While doing all of my research I kept hearing about how difficult it was to book Beach Club studios at 7 months. When purchasing, I basically wrote off ever staying there for a full vacation. We generally only travel in July/August FWIW. Today, for fun I was browsing the availability tool and it looks like startingJune 9 its full availability. While we are still a couple of weeks away from the 7 month mark, this surprised me. I checked out the other holy grail of rooms (BWV standards, AKL Values, BLT Standards etc...) and their availability seemed to be much more sparce.

If booking right at the 7 month mark at 8 AM EST, is getting BCV studio really that difficult?
Yes, it will be difficult to get it that 7 month mark opening day. Make sure you have your finger ready.

I’ve seen studios be there at 7:50 AM for Beach Club and gone at 7:59 AM. Summer is also slow DVC season because it is so hot. Good luck hope you get it.

I wanted to do a split stay in a BCV studio in May and leading up to the 7 month mark it showed very good availability. Then when I logged in (admittedly not right at 8am, but closer to 8:30am) there was nothing for my dates. So being there right at 8am might help, but it's going to be tough either way.

This was my first time trying to book at the 7 month mark so I wasn't sure what to expect. But at least for BCV don't trust what you see leading up to the actual date because it could all be gone. But I hope you are lucky and you get it! And keep stalking if you need to.

BCV often looks available right up to 7-months, but then you better have fast fingers at 8 AM, or it's gone. The 1-bedrooms are a little more available than the studios and 2-beds, but even those are gone in a week or two. Until you get to September, then forget about anything at 7-months until late January.

Thanks for the replies. I'm not actually looking to book those weeks at Beach Club. I was just surprised when I saw so much availability compared to other resorts.

1 beds easy most of the year, Christmas this year was no problem at 7 months. Summer no problem. Food and Wine may be tighter. Studios I don't check so will defer to others.

I wonder if RIV will help in finding more space at BCV/BWV since many people may gravitate to the new resort instead. Yes there is a finite number of rooms but that small number has increased and will continue to increase as RIV starts marching to sold out status.

I wonder if RIV will help in finding more space at BCV/BWV since many people may gravitate to the new resort instead. Yes there is a finite number of rooms but that small number has increased and will continue to increase as RIV starts marching to sold out status.

Doubt it. Because the new Riviera owners, some of them are buying believing they can switch to BCV and BWV at 7. And everyone eyes the cheap points at both, compared to somewhere like Riviera.

Doubt it. Because the new Riviera owners, some of them are buying believing they can switch to BCV and BWV at 7. And everyone eyes the cheap points at both, compared to somewhere like Riviera.

And historically, new resorts really haven't impacted the availability of old resorts. For BWV and BCV, most of the people who own there stay there more often than not. They might switch once in a while (we own BW and our last trip was at VAKL because there was a six year old and animals from your balcony!), but there is going to need to be a reason. I can't think of a single reason other than novelty that a BW or BC owner would want to book Riviera for more points Nor can I think of any reason anyone else (SSR or BLT owners, etc) would spend more points for Riviera.

And historically, new resorts really haven't impacted the availability of old resorts. For BWV and BCV, most of the people who own there stay there more often than not. They might switch once in a while (we own BW and our last trip was at VAKL because there was a six year old and animals from your balcony!), but there is going to need to be a reason. I can't think of a single reason other than novelty that a BW or BC owner would want to book Riviera for more points Nor can I think of any reason anyone else (SSR or BLT owners, etc) would spend more points for Riviera.

rooms will be nicer decor at Riviera than either BCV or BWV. Plus 10 minutes to either DHS or Epcot without having to walk is a nice incentive for some.

That is, of course, assuming the skyliner works semi-reliably...which is certainly no given.

I know many or even most like the idea of being able to walk to the parks, but there are some that have zero desire to make that walk from BCV to DHS.

I can't think of a single reason other than novelty that a BW or BC owner would want to book Riviera for more points Nor can I think of any reason anyone else (SSR or BLT owners, etc) would spend more points for Riviera.
There are plenty of SSR owners that expressly own their points to stay at higher cost accommodations; 1BRs, Cabins, or “nicer” locations like VGF/Riviera. On a $ per night basis, SSR/BLT points would be cheaper than owning at either of those places.

This board is a little bubble. The majority of owners use their points as they were sold to them- for flexibility; often doing so after buying direct.

At the parks I’ve spoken to several owners who exalt the benefits of owning a Disney timeshare for its flexibility, sharing how they can trade out to DCL, stay at the Grand Canyon and other cost-inefficient trades. One woman, to underscore the flexibility, talked about how she spent several years, when her kids got sick of Disney, using her BCV points to visit historical sites all around the country. It was her first trip back to WDW since her teenaged kids were little.

For me personally, beyond novelty, the Riviera resort looks to be one of the nicest accommodations at WDW. When they build that walking bridge into Germany (IG 2.0)* I’ll stay there over BWV/BCV every time.

*pulled this out of my imagineering bum

Here's a few reasons that someone might make the switch to Riviera, some might have some real value and be worth the extra points to a BWV/BCV person:
  • Studios are 20% larger
  • Studios have two real queen beds vs. a bed and a pullout
  • Studios have two separate bathroom areas
  • A brand new resort from top to bottom
  • A fully self-enclosed resort where you can get from room to lobby/shops/food without the sometimes long walks in heat or rain
  • Easy transportation to two parks (TBD if this is a pro or a con 😉 )
(Sorry for the rerun to those who have seen some of this list before but someone has to stick up for our little resort.)

Last edited:
rooms will be nicer decor at Riviera than either BCV or BWV. Plus 10 minutes to either DHS or Epcot without having to walk is a nice incentive for some.

That is, of course, assuming the skyliner works semi-reliably...which is certainly no given.

I know many or even most like the idea of being able to walk to the parks, but there are some that have zero desire to make that walk from BCV to DHS.

BWV and BCV both have boat transportation to Epcot and DHS so no need to walk if you don't want to. I do have to say that it's much more convenient for BWV guests to get the boat then it is for BCV guest...

Here's a few reasons that someone might make the switch to Riviera, some might have some real value and be worth the extra points to a BWV/BCV person:
  • Studios are 20% larger
  • Studios have two real queen beds vs. a bed and a pullout
  • Studios have two separate bathroom areas
  • A brand new resort from top to bottom
  • A fully self-enclosed resort where you can get from room to lobby/shops/food without the sometimes long walks in heat or rain
  • Easy transportation to two parks (TBD if this is a pro or a con 😉 )
(Sorry for the rerun to those who have seen some of this list before but someone has to stick up for our little resort.)

Don't take this the wrong way but I can see that Riviera is now going to be in competition with BW & BC as to which resort is better. There have been so many threads on this topic between BC & BW, it really boils down to personal preference and choice. To each his/her own, each resort is special in its own way. That is the beauty of DVC, there is a resort for everybody. What I like you might not and vice versa.

That being said I do look forward to visiting Riviera on my next trip to WDW. I will hold my opinion on this resort until I see it first hand and yes I do hope the Skyliner proves to be a reliable form of transportation.

GET A DISNEY VACATION QUOTE

Dreams Unlimited Travel is committed to providing you with the very best vacation planning experience possible. Our Vacation Planners are experts and will share their honest advice to help you have a magical vacation.

Let us help you with your next Disney Vacation!