Beach Club - Standard View or Garden/Woods View

jcross74

Mouseketeer
We are staying at BC for the first time. We booked standard view but I wondered if we are better off with garden view? I really don't want to be looking at a parking lot or roof. I know with some resorts standard view is better than others. Should I switch?

We are staying at BC for the first time. We booked standard view but I wondered if we are better off with garden view? I really don't want to be looking at a parking lot or roof. I know with some resorts standard view is better than others. Should I switch?

We've only stayed at the YC, but if you can afford it I'd go for the garden view. SV at those resorts is a roof view, possibly overlooking loud areas. We had a GV at the YC and overlooked the quiet pool with a view of the HS fireworks. Definitely worth the price to us! We again booked GV at the YC for next year.

We had a garden view and it was meh. There were trees in front of the window and the room was very dark. We had one of those Juliet balconies (useful for drying bathing suits) but even when looking down, we could barely see the ground or anything at all. You might get luckier than us and get a better view. I don't think it's much more $ for a garden view.

e=ven the water view at these can be crescent lake, pool, or canal....given the range- we're always happy to book the lowest available category to be in thesr=e resort

I'd book garden view. They aren't that much more and standard views at BC and YC can be truly awful. We had to book standard view at YC with promo, that's all there was. Our first room was over the garbage. I went to desk and got a different room. Still standard but faced front of resort. I enjoyed that view. Good people watching, and really couldn't see parking lot, because of all the trees.

We stayed in a garden view room at BC a few weeks ago and it was overlooking some woods. It was quiet and nice, nothing spectacular, but better than overlooking the parking lot. We also requested (and got) a full size balcony, which made it a lot nicer.

By definition, a standard view designation at the Beach Club overlooks either a parking lot or roof. So, since you don't want this, I recommend that you switch to a garden view for a few bucks more, if it is available.

Here's a thread where past guests have provided pictures of the views from their rooms (organized by view type) to give you a sample of what to expect with the various room views.

Beach Club Room Views

:goodvibes

We had a garden view and it was meh. There were trees in front of the window and the room was very dark. We had one of those Juliet balconies (useful for drying bathing suits) but even when looking down, we could barely see the ground or anything at all. You might get luckier than us and get a better view. I don't think it's much more $ for a garden view.

Same for us. Our garden view was of some trees and the path from the Villas. Room was very dark. Our standard view we had the trip before that was actually better. Yes, it was the parking lot but you could see Spaceship Earth from our room!

By definition, a standard view designation at the Beach Club overlooks either a parking lot or roof. So, since you don't want this, I recommend that you switch to a garden view for a few bucks more, if it is available.

Here's a thread where past guests have provided pictures of the views from their rooms (organized by view type) to give you a sample of what to expect with the various room views.

Beach Club Room Views

:goodvibes

I knew it was only a matter of time before our resident BC/YC guru stepped in. :worship:

For our trip a few weeks ago we requested garden view hoping to have a nice, relaxing view while we sipped champagne on the balcony. We requested a high floor and full balcony. This ended up being the view from our balcony - we sat outside several nights and watched/listened to Illuminations. We were so close it felt like the whole thing was happening right in front of us!

IMG_2131.JPG

For our trip a few weeks ago we requested garden view hoping to have a nice, relaxing view while we sipped champagne on the balcony. We requested a high floor and full balcony. This ended up being the view from our balcony - we sat outside several nights and watched/listened to Illuminations. We were so close it felt like the whole thing was happening right in front of us!

View attachment 255332

I love this view!

Do you remember the room number?

May I add this picture to the View Thread I posted above?

Thanks!

Dee

We have had both a garden view and a standard view at BC. The garden view was of the back entrance and was fun for people watching. The standard view looked over one of the roofs but we could see a glimpse of SAB and the lake in the distance. Had a full balcony and it was ok. There is a picture of it over on the YC/BC room thread. Had a garden view at YC one time and it wasn't one of our favorites. Had a line of trees and nothing else-could hear the traffic coming from the other side of the trees.

I love this view!

Do you remember the room number?

May I add this picture to the View Thread I posted above?

I think the room was 4540 (?). It was in the building closest to Epcot; it was an awesome location (though quite a trek from the lobby). We could also hear the band from the UK Pavilion perfectly!

Yes, you can definitely add the picture to the view thread.

GET A DISNEY VACATION QUOTE

Dreams Unlimited Travel is committed to providing you with the very best vacation planning experience possible. Our Vacation Planners are experts and will share their honest advice to help you have a magical vacation.

Let us help you with your next Disney Vacation!

Latest posts

facebook twitter