Beach club to MK by 7:30 am, Uber to Contemporary? Still allowed?

VAfamily1998

DIS Veteran
We are doing the Keys to the Kingdom Tour at 8 am on a Monday in February (the 10th.) When I booked it on the phone the cm emphasized getting there early.
I was thinking the easiest way to do that would be to take Uber to the contemporary and just walk over, but I was reading on a different site that they (parking guards at contemporary) are starting to put a stop to that? Has that been anyone else's experience? Is there something else I should do instead? I am aware of the minnie van option, but it's seems excessive (in price) when we don't need car seats, and there's only two of us (adults.)

Thanks!

I see no reason why you can't take Uber or similar ride to the Contemporary and then walk to Magic Kingdom.

If the guard won't let you in then you get out right at the guard shack or a few feet beyond or before. Now you are closer to MK (I would guess an 10 minute walk as opposed to a 15 minute walk) than you would be by being taken all the way to the hotel entrance.

I see no reason why you can't take Uber or similar ride to the Contemporary and then walk to Magic Kingdom.

If the guard won't let you in then you get out right at the guard shack or a few feet beyond or before. Now you are closer to MK (I would guess an 10 minute walk as opposed to a 15 minute walk) than you would be by being taken all the way to the hotel entrance.
Thanks! That's true, we could just get out and walk from there! :)

I would be targetting being there outside the entrance at 7:45 at the latest. Given there are only a couple buses that early, I would be at the bus stop at 6:30, not 7:00. If you had just missed a bus at 7:00 you might not see another until 7:20-7:30. That's too late to be standing at the turnstile at 7:45. So Uber to CR or drop by the side of the road sounds good to me too.

GET A DISNEY VACATION QUOTE

Dreams Unlimited Travel is committed to providing you with the very best vacation planning experience possible. Our Vacation Planners are experts and will share their honest advice to help you have a magical vacation.

Let us help you with your next Disney Vacation!