Beach club versus Contemporary Garden Wing

We stayed in the Garden Wing of the Contemporary and would in a heartbeat again. Its quiet and peaceful there. The monorail makes getting to Epcot and Magic Kingdom a breeze. You bagcheck for MK in your resort. And if the monorail at night is packed in the evening at MK its a 10 minute walk to your room in the garden wing. Me personally I have not stayed in any of the Epcot resorts but I don't really want to walk 20+ minutes to Hollywood studios when I am already walking a ton all day in the parks. If that is not an issue for you, the rooms at the YC and BC look beautiful. Plus the pool at the CR is very boring in comparison to the BC pool. But for us, we don't care about that because we took our pool time at the water parks.

We stayed in the Garden Wing of the Contemporary and would in a heartbeat again. Its quiet and peaceful there. The monorail makes getting to Epcot and Magic Kingdom a breeze. You bagcheck for MK in your resort. And if the monorail at night is packed in the evening at MK its a 10 minute walk to your room in the garden wing. Me personally I have not stayed in any of the Epcot resorts but I don't really want to walk 20+ minutes to Hollywood studios when I am already walking a ton all day in the parks. If that is not an issue for you, the rooms at the YC and BC look beautiful. Plus the pool at the CR is very boring in comparison to the BC pool. But for us, we don't care about that because we took our pool time at the water parks.

It's never taken us 20 minutes to walk to DHS. You always have the boat. :)

@Disneymom2235 We stayed at Polynesian recently - we liked it, but we don't feel the need to go back. And while we were there we missed Yacht/Beach terribly! :) But they do have an awesome boat to take to/from MK, we LOVED that. And you can walk to TTC for Epcot.

We were very disappointed in the QS food options at BC this week. With 2 picky eaters in the family we had to walk to Boardwalk to get dinner twice and wait to eat breakfast until we got to the parks.

To piggyback on @StitchesGr8Fan 's comment, we found the Contempo Cafe QS option at CR to be the best QS option at any hotel we've stayed at in the past! The Contempo Cafe is amazing! It's spacious and you can watch the monorail go through the hotel. The menu is fabulous with many tasty options for breakfast, lunch, and dinner.

OP, good luck in making your decision. Wherever you stay, you'll have a terrific time!

I would pick Contemporary over Beach Club. Being able to walk to Magic Kingdom is great. Switching monorails to Epcot isn’t much of a hassle. The Beach Club pool will be far more crowded than the Contemporary pool. I don’t like the quick service at all at Beach Club, whereas the one at the Contemporary is very good.

GET A DISNEY VACATION QUOTE

Dreams Unlimited Travel is committed to providing you with the very best vacation planning experience possible. Our Vacation Planners are experts and will share their honest advice to help you have a magical vacation.

Let us help you with your next Disney Vacation!