Beach Club Villas early check in

jlx2

Mouseketeer
Our flight arrives at 10AM and we were wondering what kind of luck you all have had with early check in at the Beach Club Villas. I know official check in is at 4:00 but I just wanted to see what others have experienced. We will be chiceking into a 1 bedroom on a Sunday morning at the end of September. Should I call ahead a week or two before directly to the hotel to request an early check in? Thank you!

I personally would not count on it at BCV. They normally operate at capacity and rooms have to be cleaned. 1 out of 4 checkins did I get my room before 3pm.

Calling ahead really would not help, because they won't know their room status until the day of. DVC normally does not allow formal early checkins or late checkouts.

What I would do, is when I arrive, let the CM know you want the first room available. If you dont have any preferences for view, smoking, HA, or location, that will improve your chances of getting in early.

Similar question:
If we arrive at 11AM on a Saturday in August, what are the chance our BWVs will be ready? I'm hoping Saturday + Magic season will mean fewer check-ins than usual.

at BW or BCV the chances are slim and none......................OKW and SSR springs it is about 20% and they are the best.

Friday May 12th, so the Friday may account for it:

DMom/sis arrive via ME around noon and their studio is ready.
We had checked in at 8:45 AM, room not ready, but it was by 2 PM.

BCV.

Bobbi

Each time we have arrived via Magical Express our room was ready before 1pm at Beach Club, Boardwalk last week and SSR. I've been told by CM's that rooms are assigned and ready for arrivals via ME first and that has been our experience on 3 trips.

Chances are you will not be able to check-in early. Consider yourself lucky if you do. Also, check-in is not at 4pm, it's after 4pm. Could easily be 5pm if it's busy and you have a 2BR 2Q for example.

bongo59 said:
at BW or BCV the chances are slim and none......................OKW and SSR springs it is about 20% and they are the best.
As a former statistical simulation programmer and soon-to-be High School Math teacher, I'm curious: is there any validity to that "20%" figure, or is it simply a WAG? ;)

We were switching from Animal Kingdom lodge to BCV during Easter. We checked out of AKL early, drove ourselves with luggage to BCV at 6:30am to grab breakfast and get an early start at MGM. The studio we were originally assigned to was not ready but they had a different studio w/ a view of the quiet pool ready. I didn't care and said sure. So I think I have the record. 7:00am during Easter break. :thumbsup2

One time when I checked in to BCV at 10:45 am (this was a Sunday in early December, if time of year matters), I got a beautiful, Epcot view studio at that time. However, this past December, checking in at 1:00pm, I was told my "assigned" studio wasn't ready and I had to wait until after 3:00. No room ready offered. Then, when I called after 3:00, and my "assigned" room didn't meet my requests (which I know were requests), I asked nicely if there was any studio that met my requests (courtyard view). The CM not only gave me a courtyard view studio (which I was thrilled with), but that room had been ready all along. So I'm really confused at BCV about this "room ready" thing!

We checked into the BCV on Monday, May 8 at 3:45. Our studio was not ready until 7:30 - some confusion with the room assignment (not really explained to me). However, to their credit, the front desk "bought" our dinner (party of 4) at the ESPN Club that night (with no restrictions) to make up for the inconvenience! It all worked out just fine - loved the room - #555 and was just thrilled to have the option of staying at such a lovely resort. :cool1:

We got lucky one time checking in early, but the last 3 times, its been very late right around 4, we kept calling time after time checking on availability, but we still had to wait . We'll see how it goes in 28 days. Can't wait..

We were able to get into our 1 br at BCV last September by 10:30. I was stunned, but happy. Be willing to compromise on requests if need be.

We also got into our rooms at Universal Royal Pacific at 10:00 am, VWL at 1:00, and Poly Concierge at 1:30 this last trip. Again, stunned but happy. It is possible, but not always likely.

Good luck!

We checked in on Sunday morning May 14th at 9:30. Not only was our room ready, this is the view we had from studio 369

DSC00059.jpg

GET A DISNEY VACATION QUOTE

Dreams Unlimited Travel is committed to providing you with the very best vacation planning experience possible. Our Vacation Planners are experts and will share their honest advice to help you have a magical vacation.

Let us help you with your next Disney Vacation!