Beach club vs boardwalk debate

DisneyHomework

Mouseketeer
ive stayed at both, have a 1 bedroom villa reserved at beach club but could switch it to boardwalk same room type for 1k less (total trip cost). If I modify the reservation it won’t affect fast pass etc. are the renovations in the two hotels comparable? I know we love storm along bay, but 1k less for a great resort is tempting. Any recent experiences or thoughts to tip the scale? Thanks:)

We have stayed at both. . Our kids are now college age adults and when younger, yeah great pool at YC was worth it for us. We took more mid day breaks and swimming was a huge deal.

We stayed BW and found that was just better for us.. The pool there does not compare, but was fine for what we needed once pool time lost as much importance.

We are Epcot lovers and wish we could swing the cost for Boardwalk more.. Just can’t beat the location.

Now that we make the adult children chip in, we are staying in AoA and works fine. But back to your point, if the pool is not the make or break feature of the stay, then Boardwalk for sure!

Again, just our opinion, so do with it as you would..

If the pool is not something you will miss then for 1k savings I would go with BW. The location is generally the same and both are beutiful resorts.

ive stayed at both, have a 1 bedroom villa reserved at beach club but could switch it to boardwalk same room type for 1k less (total trip cost). If I modify the reservation it won’t affect fast pass etc. are the renovations in the two hotels comparable? I know we love storm along bay, but 1k less for a great resort is tempting. Any recent experiences or thoughts to tip the scale? Thanks:)
I have stayed at both (6 different resorts total) Club level for both... not sure if you are planning on this. 2015 was the last time we stayed at the beach club. We loved the resort immensely. The pool was great (although a little too chilly to visit most days) and the cast members were great. Very nice and very helpful.
Every time we visit Disney World we always want to try a new resort. As much as we loved the beach club we decided to try the boardwalk at least once.
We just returned 2.5 weeks ago from the boardwalk. Oh my goodness!!! We were blown away. We’ve never had a bad cast member but the cast members at the boardwalk were on a level All to themselves. This was the first time my husband and I had no desire to visit other resorts. My penny pinching husband actually booked a bounce back (we usually go every 2-3 years) because of the resort.

Well if you stayed at the Beach Club this week because of the great pool I hope you enjoyed yourself.
Three days of rain, temperatures in the morning in the 30's, and afternoon temperatures in the low 50's.
if you make a decision to stay at one hotel versus the other because of how great a pool they have, be prepared to
possibly be disappointed.

I love BW! We’re staying at BC for our next trip because it’s cheaper by about $40 a night. For $1K, I wouldn’t hesitate to stay at BW instead of BC. Absolute no brainer.

Our last trip was at BW. The kids loved the pool and weren’t at all disappointed to not be able to go to SAB. You can’t go wrong with the EPCOT resorts.

Both are beautiful and my favorite location is Epcot area. Even though I'm partial to BC, I'd save some money and upgrade to park hoppers to walk WS each night.

Well if you stayed at the Beach Club this week because of the great pool I hope you enjoyed yourself.
Three days of rain, temperatures in the morning in the 30's, and afternoon temperatures in the low 50's.
if you make a decision to stay at one hotel versus the other because of how great a pool they have, be prepared to
possibly be disappointed.

Wait, so weather can impact you in Florida??? Come on.. this week is a one off. That said, you can get a ton of rain or big thunderstorms all the time..

Well this is a Feb 23-Mar 1 trip. Update, my new passholder discount actually took the trip down $1400 for identical room type, so, that was a no brainer. We will miss SAB but couldn’t justify passing that promo. Thanks for the input all!

Wow!!have a great trip!

That's a great deal! Isn't Bw the one with the clown pool? I think that's the only reason we haven't stayed there (husband has a fear of clowns)

Well this is a Feb 23-Mar 1 trip. Update, my new passholder discount actually took the trip down $1400 for identical room type, so, that was a no brainer. We will miss SAB but couldn’t justify passing that promo. Thanks for the input all!
BC/YC doesn’t have same AP discount? Then even though I prefer YC/BC, I’d change to the scary pool for 1K!

Wow that’s some serious cash savings. Good for you! Here’s a strange question but my kid loves playing pool. BC is great with three of them. Anyone know if BW has a table?

BC/YC doesn’t have same AP discount? Then even though I prefer YC/BC, I’d change to the scary pool for 1K!
No, or it’s not available. I had inflexible dates and roomtype requirements, and they only release a certain amount etc.

We will be there around the same time as you. That’s so great that you got to save that much money. $1400 is about half of our entire package with the dining plan lol.

We will be there around the same time as you. That’s so great that you got to save that much money. $1400 is about half of our entire package with the dining plan lol.
We will be arriving just after you. I know you have already made up your mind but we have stayed at both and just love the BWI. Can't wait until March 3, it might take me that long to thaw out!

GET A DISNEY VACATION QUOTE

Dreams Unlimited Travel is committed to providing you with the very best vacation planning experience possible. Our Vacation Planners are experts and will share their honest advice to help you have a magical vacation.

Let us help you with your next Disney Vacation!

Latest posts

facebook twitter