Beach Club vs Boardwalk

Both are very good.
We have stayed at both multiple times. When our kids were younger, we stayed at Beach Club and the kids loved Storm Along Bay.
Now without kids, we purchased DVC at Boardwalk and love it.
You can't go wrong with either choice.

You must be excited for your trip!! Yay! :D

You may have/probably already determined which hotel you are booking, but I'll throw my 2 cents in as well.

Two of my favorite hotels at Walt Disney World, both with their attributes that make it difficult to choose or determine which you would prefer.

Boardwalk Inn and Villas Resort benefits:
- Lots of convenient shopping right there on the Boardwalk.
- Pool is relaxing (some people found the clown creepy - clowns don't bother me so it wasn't a factor). What was nice is the pool wasn't crowded. The views of the Boardwalk Villas are relaxing as you lounge by the pool (I say this because you mentioned it is adults only trip, so you don't have children to pay attention to who are swimming).
- The balcony rooms that face Crescent Lake at Boardwalk Inn are AMAZING. Was lucky to get one right above Trattoria Al Forno - beautiful views of the lake, Beach Club, Yacht Club, Swan, Dolphin and Boardwalk. The noise of the busy Boardwalk below did not bother or inconvenience at all. In fact, I don't remember hearing much, unless I was out on the balcony relaxing.
- CloseR to Hollywood Studios than Beach Club is (only by a little), as well as close to Epcot.

Beach Club Hotel and Villas Resort benefits:
- The best pool of any Disney Hotel. Stormalong Bay with it's lazy river and sand bottom is a wonderful experience as well as the pirate ship slide (yes, even for adults) lol. With wonderful views of both the Beach Club and Yacht Club Hotels. It can be crowded if hit at a busy time because of it's popularity.
- I personally found it a bit easier to navigate the Beach Club property than the Boardwalk property, but others may have a different opinion on that.
- Quieter outside atmosphere, due to not having a Boardwalk area.
- CloseR to Epcot than Boardwalk is (only by a little), as well as close to Hollywood Studios.
- Cape May Cafe and Beaches and Creams are nice additions to have right at the hotel.

Equal benefits:
- The theming of both resorts are beautiful. Atlantic City Style Hotel with the pastel yellows and light reds are soothing to the soul. New England Style Hotel with pastel blues and greens are pleasing to the eye and relaxing. (I have a thing for pretty architecture).
- Both have adorable gift shops. (I love shopping lol).
- Both have pretty courtyard areas to sit, relax and view (just outside their respective lobbies).
- It's a great area to go for a nice walk around Crescent Lake - easily walk-able path that brings you around the area with great views of all the resorts. This resort area is (personally) my favorite area of all of Disney World. It just feels serene and memorable to me.

It will come down to probably where you can get a better deal, or what the group preference is. Let us know when you decide! :)

Both are amazing hotels in their own respect. :banana:

Last edited:
I like them both but I prefer the view from BWI a bit more, granted we usually stay at the same category so there were few options.
The top was the water view from our balcony at YC, which was very similar to what we had at BC. View of stormalong bay, aka the pool.
The bottom was the water view at BWI. Beautiful at all hours.
20200525_221218.jpg20200525_221149.jpg

I like them both but I prefer the view from BWI a bit more, granted we usually stay at the same category so there were few options.
The top was the water view from our balcony at YC, which was very similar to what we had at BC. View of stormalong bay, aka the pool.
The bottom was the water view at BWI. Beautiful at all hours.
View attachment 497057View attachment 497056

Great photos!!! The view of rooms from the Boardwalk Inn are spectacular, unfortunately my photos of the Boardwalk Inn view I had, I don't have on my phone anymore. It is nice to see a view from across the lake at Yacht Club and Beach Club! :)

Last edited:

I had this same dilemma for a trip booked in 2021.

I ended up choosing a deluxe room at BC. It's a trip of 4 adults, so having the extra space will be nice. I felt we'd be too crammed in a BWI room. And with BWI the only room I'd want would be a room over looking the boardwalk out to the lake, but at the same time, I was afraid it'd be too noisy for us.

I also read the BWI rooms were slightly more dated than BC.

There's still a part of me that wants to change to a BWI water view room

Beach Club you have a fantastic pool, beaches and cream plus dining from both BC and YC. Two resorts for one. Plus close to Epcot gateway and you get boat and Skyliner.

We have stayed at both resorts and would stay at either one of them again. It really comes down to what you prefer...if you know. BWI is probably what we would pick as recent stays were at BC and YC. BWI is easy walk to the shops and restaurants on the BW. Shorter walk to DS and possibly Epcot depending in your room location in BWI or BC. Would select BC or YC with kids and BWI for adult only, unless SAB is a big factor or you get a great rate for club level room that you can't pass up.

Thank you all for sharing. This trip was unfortunately delayed (imagine that). We are going to have to wait until 2021. We are leaning toward the Boardwalk and won't be finalizing plans until after the new year. Thanks again!

Let me throw in my two cents, this really only applies if you are traveling with kids. Not sure if you are, or maybe someone else has this same question (its a popular one)

We had to make the same decision and we chose the boardwalk. In the end we were very happy we did.

We were there with our four kids. 8, 6, 4 and 4 (at the time)

Yes BC pool is bigger and has the sand bottom section. BW is smaller and has the clown slide.

What nobody thinks about, though, is that the entrance to the BC pool slide is outside of the pool enclosure, you have to cross over the walking path to get to the steps to the slide.

The BW slide is part of the pool complex. When we were there, my 6 year old daughter would just constantly go up and down the slide. Literally hours non-stop. The pool has an amoeba shape. My wife and I would grab a table towards the middle and we could sit in one place and keep an eye on the entire pool. It was great when we wanted to get out for bit.

If we were at BC, I am not sure what we would have done. We would have had to walk our daughter to the slide every time she wanted to go on it - which would have been tiring. The pool is more spread out, so we would have to keep the kids in one section at a time.

In the end, the pool at BW is much more manageable with kids.

This is literally a no-lose situation. You'll love either. I give a slight edge to BCV because of the proximity to Epcot/Skyliner, plus of course, Stormalong Bay. That said, I absolutely love BWV (just bought there!) and it is a much easier walk to DHS if you choose to get there via walking. I agree with someone up top who said to consider splitting your stay so you can get a flavor of both.

We love both Usually if doing Parks we stay at the Boardwalk, if doing a resort stay which we usually do every summer we love BCV !!

Let me throw in my two cents, this really only applies if you are traveling with kids. Not sure if you are, or maybe someone else has this same question (its a popular one)

We had to make the same decision and we chose the boardwalk. In the end we were very happy we did.

We were there with our four kids. 8, 6, 4 and 4 (at the time)

Yes BC pool is bigger and has the sand bottom section. BW is smaller and has the clown slide.

What nobody thinks about, though, is that the entrance to the BC pool slide is outside of the pool enclosure, you have to cross over the walking path to get to the steps to the slide.

The BW slide is part of the pool complex. When we were there, my 6 year old daughter would just constantly go up and down the slide. Literally hours non-stop. The pool has an amoeba shape. My wife and I would grab a table towards the middle and we could sit in one place and keep an eye on the entire pool. It was great when we wanted to get out for bit.

If we were at BC, I am not sure what we would have done. We would have had to walk our daughter to the slide every time she wanted to go on it - which would have been tiring. The pool is more spread out, so we would have to keep the kids in one section at a time.

In the end, the pool at BW is much more manageable with kids.
This is a very good comment. I remember going to the BC back in the 90s a lot and I was old enough that my parents let me walk to the slide. It is a mini water park, so it would be harder to keep an eye on kids. We own a BWV and currently have a 2 year old and another one on the way and the pool at boardwalk would be more manageable. Also, the walk to DHS is 15 minutes and the walk to Epcot is 5-10 minutes.

GET A DISNEY VACATION QUOTE

Dreams Unlimited Travel is committed to providing you with the very best vacation planning experience possible. Our Vacation Planners are experts and will share their honest advice to help you have a magical vacation.

Let us help you with your next Disney Vacation!