Beach Club vs Boardwalk

goNsoon2WDW

DIS Veteran
We're having challenge choosing a resort and are looking for input. I believe we've got it narrowed down to either the Beach Club or Boardwalk. Which would you choose and why?
TIA

If the visit is during warm weather, I'd book Beach Club for the pool, Stormalong Bay.
If the visit is intended for conference travel ... and you need to access the Swan or Dolphin Conference Centers, I prefer Boardwalk for the shorter walk across the bridges.

We're planning the trip in June. It's an adult-only trip. Very different than our previous trips. Sounds like Beach Club may be the choice to make.
Thanks.

Either way, you'll have such lovely access to Epcot through the International Gateway!

I have stayed at both of these resorts in the past two years. I would highly recommend the Beach club if the pool is in anyway important to you. I like being right on the active part of the boardwalk and the gym is nicer at the boardwalk but the pool is pants (that’s British for underwear and means awful 🤣). The clown at the pool is creepy and it’s just kind of ugly in general and not fun to swim in. Apparently it’s good if you want to keep a close eye on your kids while sitting by the pool. I swim with mine so no as important to me. The beach club is beautiful with the best pool in all of disney. Cape May cafe was a lovely place to eat, lots of sea food and other variety. Have a wonderful vacation.

In my own experience, Stormalong Bay pool at the Beach Club is packed with kids and families. People choose to stay there because the pool is so unique, so people make time to use the pool while there. Its a great pool, but I wouldn't find it relaxing or super appealing on an adults only trip. If you're cool with using the quiet pools, I might go for it because then you can at least try Stormalong Bay and have the option of the quiet pools to retreat to if need be. But if you want to spend your time at the feature pool, I would choose Boardwalk.

Does Beach club pool get crowded in early september too? during "low season"?
There's no true low crowd season anymore, although September would be a cheaper season in terms of pricing. Yes, the pool is crowded then too - still very hot and humid in September. Fall is always a popular time of year for DVC visitors, and with Beach Club being close to Epcot, its a popular choice for the Food & Wine Festival. Plus the Halloween party seems to increase in popularity every year, which draws in more visitors.

Have you decided OP? I think you can't wrong either way.

I have a somewhat related question. Does anybody use the BC pool in winter, specifically the chilly month of January? I was thinking of bringing wetsuits for us. I'd hate to stay there and not try the pool but we don't want to turn into icecubes either :D

You really can't go wrong with either one. We love both, but prefer BW slightly. Adults only trip I would do BW. So much to do on the BW itself, but the non BW side has nice walking areas, and gardens, not to mention lots of little spots throughout the resort to relax. Is pool time important for you? Are you going to be at the resort at all, or be at the parks all day?
I have a somewhat related question. Does anybody use the BC pool in winter, specifically the chilly month of January? I was thinking of bringing wetsuits for us. I'd hate to stay there and not try the pool but we don't want to turn into icecubes either :D

The pools are heated... no need for wetsuits.

I have never stayed at BC but we do love BWI. Been there 3 times in a row. Gosh every time I type that I realize I really need to branch out!!!

We love them both. Beach Club is relaxed and pretty, and Stormalong Bay is very special. Love walking through the sand on the way to the top of the water slide. The hot tubs there are my favorites at Disney World.

Boardwalk Inn is so well themed and beautiful. It's one of the few resorts whose rooms haven't been blanded yet- they're still very Disney in their level of theme and charm. The Boardwalk's pool is nice, but CMs don't check magic bands for entry like they do at Stormalong Bay. Boardwalk also has no restaurant of any kind inside the hotel.

Last edited:
I like Beach Club a bit more for the pool, the dining and the location ( it's a bit closer to Epcot's International Gateway ). The Boardwalk is beautiful but my biggest complaint is the lack of breakfast options inside the main building ( there are a few on the boardwalk itself but inside the resort building is sparse ).

I would choose BWI for 2 reasons. First I find BWI to be very romantic. DH and I have stayed there several times and I love the decor, atmosphere and being able to walk directly out onto the boardwalk. Second, a full balcony is very important to us and you will get that at BWI ( we always request upper floor and have received it). We love having morning coffee on the balcony and a drink in the evening after we return from the parks. We feel it is a wonderful way to begin and end the day.

We're having challenge choosing a resort and are looking for input. I believe we've got it narrowed down to either the Beach Club or Boardwalk. Which would you choose and why?
TIA

Own DVC at BWV. Been to both. BWV is points cheaper, so we always stay there unless I'm late booking reservations. They are both great resorts. The only thing I didn't like about BC SAB is you had to walk outside the pool area to get to the water slide. You have access to all the dining and walk to 2 parks either way. Have a great trip.

GET A DISNEY VACATION QUOTE

Dreams Unlimited Travel is committed to providing you with the very best vacation planning experience possible. Our Vacation Planners are experts and will share their honest advice to help you have a magical vacation.

Let us help you with your next Disney Vacation!