Beach Hotel

isyt

DIS Veteran
I am staying at the DLH in August and was looking for a nice beach hotel to follow our visit. Does anyone have any suggestions? I know there is the Hyatt Huntington Beach or Hotel Del Coronado (is it kid friendly), I'm looking for anything from LA area to San Diego. Thanks for the help!!!!

Isn't there anyone that can give me suggestions for a nice beach hotel that is kid friendly? I need help!!! Otherwise we will be sleeping in the car!!! :sunny:

I have stayed in both and they are very different. What are you looking for in a hotel?

If you prefer, you can send me a pm.

I'm staying in the Hyatt Huntington Beach following a DLH stay in June with my three girls -- I can let you know how kid friendly it was when we get back, if you'd like . . .

bellelinus said:
I'm staying in the Hyatt Huntington Beach following a DLH stay in June with my three girls -- I can let you know how kid friendly it was when we get back, if you'd like . . .

I would love to know how it goes, when do you leave?

Quite a few years ago I stayed in San Diego for a convention and while wandering around on a free day found a neat little hotel on a pier that jutted out into the Pacific Ocean. The room had a small kitchen and a fenced in porch that looked out over the ocean. Most of the rooms slept 4-6 people.

Just for kicks I did a bit of web surfing and found this:

Crystal Pier Hotel, San Diego
From $150 per night
crystapier@san.rr.com

Though called a hotel, this wonderful property is actually a collection of 26 cottages built out on a pier. Most of these temporary travelers' homes were built back in the 1930s; all of them have been renovated in recent years. You'll wish you could just move right in, since each cottage has its own bedroom, living room, patio and kitchen. With parking just outside your door, it would be hard to find more cozy convenience at any other hotel in the area. From sunrise to sunset, you'll enjoy a view of the ocean and the waves that few others will ever see. Rates are seasonal.
Room Amenities: Balcony/Terrace
Hotel Details: 29 Rooms Beach

We picked the Marriott Villas at Newport Beach. Plenty of room and the pools look lovely.

Also, I got a Marriott email yesterday that their Marriott Hotel at Newport had been refurbished and was brand new. It loked really nice.

isyt said:
I would love to know how it goes, when do you leave?

We leave June 17, spend Sat. and Sun. in Hollywood, June 19-23 at the Disneyland Hotel (yes, I know -- just before the Pirates opening!), and then June 23-26 at the Hyatt Huntington Beach. You can always make reservations at the Hyatt HB which are refundable and then go ahead or cancel after we get back and let you know what our experience was.

isyt said:
Isn't there anyone that can give me suggestions for a nice beach hotel that is kid friendly? I need help!!! Otherwise we will be sleeping in the car!!! :sunny:
I recently stayed at the Hilton Resort in Missino Bay, on Mission Bay. I made ressies the night befor, even though I had ressies at the Bahia(another great place), at any rate, I got a suite with a wet bar for $109.00 per night :banana: It was beutiful, on the bay side and the hotel offers all types of water toy rentals. :woohoo: Even those water bikes, all at pretty good rates!. Right outside our room was a putting green, it was really fun, they hotel also offers ceramics classes as well as a chance for the kids to feed the Koi fish. Totally would go again, if the price is right!!! :bitelip:

We are doing something similar to bellelinus. Staring on June 9th, 5 nights at GCH, 2 nights in Hollywood and 2 nights at Hyatt Huntington Beach, returning on the June 18th. I will try to post our experience there as well.

ploeb said:
I recently stayed at the Hilton Resort in Missino Bay, on Mission Bay. I made ressies the night befor, even though I had ressies at the Bahia(another great place), at any rate, I got a suite with a wet bar for $109.00 per night :banana: It was beutiful, on the bay side and the hotel offers all types of water toy rentals. :woohoo: Even those water bikes, all at pretty good rates!. Right outside our room was a putting green, it was really fun, they hotel also offers ceramics classes as well as a chance for the kids to feed the Koi fish. Totally would go again, if the price is right!!! :bitelip:
Hi, Just stayed at the Mission Bay Hilton last Friday. I was just with my husband but it looked really kid friendly. That night, in the pool area, they had a huge flat screen showing Herbie :happytv: and offering free popcorn. popcorn:: It was so cute and everybody was enjoying it. They also have fire rings on the sand next to the bay, and there were people roasting hotdogs and so forth. Mission Bay is beautiful and lots to do, that's for sure!! I could go on. We've also stayed at the Hyatt in Huntington Beach. I love that hotel. But I also love the area. This is our favorite beach, along with Newport Beach right next door, and up the coast to gorgeous Santa Barbara. Anyways, the beach is right across the street from the Hyatt, with a pedestrian bridge to get over the PCH. Once again, have only been with my husband, (can you tell our kids are mostly grown??). The hotel is beautiful and huge, but that doesn't bother me because the grounds are so pretty.
PS This should have been posted to Isyt. Sorry! :rolleyes1 But I'm too tired to rewrite everything again. Have a great time wherever you go. :goodvibes

We've stayed at the Huntington Beach Hyatt twice for 3 night stays and loved it. It is a wonderful hotel with salt water hot tubs and lots of great access to the beach and activities.

We also stayed at the Loews in Santa Monica and thoroughly enjoyed that experience as well. It is right on the beach and very close to the pier with the little amusement park as well as great shopping and street entertainment.

Thanks for all the suggestions I did make a ressie for the Hyatt Huntington Beach. I think it will be great. Keep the beach hotels coming , its an area I would like to know more about!!!

Thanks
Isabel

Ok, I cant wait to go back to the Hilton now, that was alot of fun! I had no idea they showed movies also! When hotels do that sort of sfuff for their guest it takes me back to the vacations my parents took my sisters and brothers on :thumbsup2 Like the resorts inthat movie with Patrick Swazee and Jennifer something. Great times,with all of us kids! :grouphug:

If you want to go to San Diego, we went to Loew's Coronado Hotel in 2005. It was very nice. You have to walk accross to the beach (road seperates), but was very nice with a great pool. Loews is known for being upscale and kid Friendly - so highly recommend. If you ever go to Universal in Orlando they run their hotels - Portofino Bay kid suite was still one of the best hotels/rooms we have every been too!

We just returned tonight from the Hyatt HB and it was awesome! It's a little spread out but has a main walkway across the highway right to the beach, as was mentioned, or you can cross at the corner crosswalks. Salt water pool heated to 80 degrees and a spa grotto with 3 individual hot tubs. Our room overlooked this beautiful little grotto with an angled view of the beach, it was at one end of the hotel. It's shaped like 3 U's put together. They have a fire pit near the pool/bar to roast marshmallows and make s'mores. We purchased a kit for 9$ but a lot of people brought their own. There was a movie played at the pool on a cool blowup screen each night around 8:30. It was Emporer's New Groove our first night and Antz last night. We also noticed a movie playing at the Hilton next door as we walked by (Finding Nemo, I think?). It's about a 15 min walk to Main street where there are lots of shops and restaurants (Ruby's on the pier). I'll be happy to answer any questions!

Hi Isyt,

My all-time favorite beach hotel is the Malibu Beach Inn. It's literally steps to the ocean and has a great California beach feel to it. Hope this helps!

GET A DISNEY VACATION QUOTE

Dreams Unlimited Travel is committed to providing you with the very best vacation planning experience possible. Our Vacation Planners are experts and will share their honest advice to help you have a magical vacation.

Let us help you with your next Disney Vacation!

facebook twitter