Beach info for vero beach

TEXASPRINCESSES

Texasprincesses
Please help as we leave next week for vero beach and I'm so clueless and hate that feeling. Ciuld y'all help me with info about the beach area at VB. Is it a far walk from the inn--are there refreshments by the beach or do you have to bring your own--how do you work that if you are flying? Are there organized beach activities or just at the pool area? Would you recommend bring rafts noodles or not. We are traveling with our DD6. We are there 3 days...
Any helpful hints, tips etc. would be greatly appreciated!!!!!

The Inn is on the beach just walk down the boardwalk. There are refreshments at the pool, which can be taken to the beach or you can bring your own. You can have pool toys in the pool. Not sure it would be a good idea in the ocean. We were there over Spring Break and fell in love. We are planning a trip back in August with my DH family. We have a DD 9 and she loved it. It is a relaxing trip. Have Fun.:sunny:

In pictures of VB I never see anyone in the ocean or on the beach...is the beach useable?

In pictures of VB I never see anyone in the ocean or on the beach...is the beach useable?

Well you must be looking at the wrong photos!
The beach at VB is very handy to the Inn and other buildings - it may not be the bigest beach in Florida -- but he sand is good-the swimming is good - and we enjoyed ourselves to the point were we have two more ressies there. :)

I just spent 4 days at VB last week, while I have to admit it's a nice resort and a great location, unless your a sun worshiper (which I'm not) there really isn't a whole to do there in my estimation. If you want to go off site to eat be prepared to drive a while, nothing is close by.
If your driving from MCO play close attention to the exit for RT 512 it's easy to miss, and if you do it will add at least another 30 -45 min to the trip.
The best part of my stay at VB was leaving to go to WDW.

Lenc324 said:
That is why I want to go to VB......to do NOTHING!!!! :banana:

We just came back from a 4 night stay & loved it! Soooo relaxing! All day long activities on site, usually short in duration. If you like nature, there's the State Park about 10 min. drive. The turtles are nesting right now which is really amazing if you want to do an evening walk on the beach, not right at the resort but north...The staff there are really helpful & can point you in the right direction. There are also river boat rides nearby if you want to try to spot some manatee, and a very useful book in your room of off site stuff to do.

We flew into Orlando & rented a car from L & M (the least expensive). It took us about 1 1/2 hrs. to get to the resort & was easy to find.

My only complaint was that the water slide & kiddie area closed early (6 & 7), but not a big deal. We were usually tired by then anyway.

We also met soooo many nice folks there & some we'll surely keep in touch with. It's small and family -like. We can't wait to go back!

Have a great time!

GET A DISNEY VACATION QUOTE

Dreams Unlimited Travel is committed to providing you with the very best vacation planning experience possible. Our Vacation Planners are experts and will share their honest advice to help you have a magical vacation.

Let us help you with your next Disney Vacation!

facebook twitter