Beach Resort - in April??

mom2aredhead

DIS Veteran
We're doing a few days in Anaheim at Disneyland, (M-F) then planned on a few days in the San Diego area (Fri-Tues, Easter weekend). Definitely want to go to San Diego Zoo and Sea World.

Here's my dilemma - I've come across a few beautiful beach resorts in my search for a hotel in San Diego...really they were more up in the Carlsbad area and further north, with the exception of the del Coronado which is right there. I just don't know if the weather will be warm enough to make the extra $$$ for a beach front resort worth it. We'll have a car, so getting to/from the zoo and Sea World isn't an issue. I just can't decide if I should stay more in the heart of San Diego/Mission Bay area, or stay further out but on the beach.

Yes, this is for Easter Weekend. This Easter. In about 3 weeks. UGH! Any thoughts??

And on a side note - has anyone ever done the Hornblower crunch cruise? Thought that might be nice for Easter (assuming they are not sold out). Seems to get good reviews, but was hoping someone had first had experience.

Thanks!!

I can't speak on the resort issue, except to say that I have never found San Diego warm enough for beach days.

Anyway, the Hornblower cruises are very nice.

GET A DISNEY VACATION QUOTE

Dreams Unlimited Travel is committed to providing you with the very best vacation planning experience possible. Our Vacation Planners are experts and will share their honest advice to help you have a magical vacation.

Let us help you with your next Disney Vacation!

facebook twitter