• Controversial Topics
    Several months ago, I added a private sub-forum to allow members to discuss these topics without fear of infractions or banning. It's opt-in, opt-out. Corey Click Here

Beach swimming in early Oct. (San Diego)?

MrsMud

<font color=green>Thinks the Ghostbuster wearing t
Having never been near San Diego, I really don't know what the water temps are during different seasons. We are going the first week in Oct. I would love to visit La Jolla or one of the other beautiful beaches, but I am wondering if my kids could go in the water (of course they will want to),or if it will be too cold. Thanks in advance!

The water will be quite cold, but the weather in October is unpredictable. I could be ouring rain or it could be 80 degrees and gorgeous. Of course knowing kids, they really won't care how cold the water is!

Melissa

We live in San Diego and I think they only time it's really too cold to go swimming is Jan. and Feb. In my opinion, summer here is July thru Thanksgiving (I lived in Montana before! :) ) and you can have perfect beach days just about any time it's not raining. Even if it's a cool-ish day, the kids can still roll up their pants and collect shells.

My favorite beachs are Coronado, Carlsbad, and Del Mar. I'm not a big fan of the La Jolla beach.

Have fun at the beach!

In Oct. you can expect the water temp to be about 60 degrees F, tops. It hovers around 56-ish...which is pretty darn cold.

GET A DISNEY VACATION QUOTE

Dreams Unlimited Travel is committed to providing you with the very best vacation planning experience possible. Our Vacation Planners are experts and will share their honest advice to help you have a magical vacation.

Let us help you with your next Disney Vacation!

facebook twitter