Beaches and Cream questions

Babs1975

Loves Eeyore
So we have a reservation for Beaches and Cream coming up in a couple weeks. We have never been. We can just get ice cream, right? It's not a place where you have to order a lunch entree then ice cream? We will probably have a mix of some ordering lunch and some ordering ice cream. Just wanted to check on that. Also, I read that they have a select to go menu. What kinds of things are available to go? Is there a window? Could I forgo the reservation and just go to the window for ice cream or is it only more simple shakes, etc available there? Thanks for anyone familar sharing insights!

You can order just ice cream at the table/counter.

The to go menu is limited, but ice cream is doable there, depending on what you are interested in. I thought years ago we even got no way Jose sundaes to go in square plastic containers. Though I believe I have since read the mini mickey sink is the only specialty item now, along with scoops of ice cream, floats, shakes and cookie ice cream sandwiches.

I have often made an ADR just to get one of the specialty sundaes as my meal. They are so big, I can't eat regular food and then the sundae. I have also gone there just for regular food (I love the grilled cheese with tomato soup) and not had any ice cream. There are no rules as to what you order.

The To Go window is ice cream only, so if some of your group do not want ice cream, that may present a difficulty. If they would be happy with something like Hurricane Hanna's, you could always plan on having the ice cream to go people meet up with them at the tables there and all dine together.

You can definitely go and just order ice cream, but if it’s something you can get on the to-go menu I would just do that. I think, like a pp mentioned, that the Mickey mini sink is the only specialty ice cream from the to go counter. We got one of those and it was the perfect size for two people to share. You can also get shakes or just scoops of ice cream.

You can definitely just get ice cream with an ADR, but we do think the food is very good there too. Its basic, but consistently good and the specialty giant sundaes are the icing on the cake!

As PPs mention, the to go window is very basic offerings. I would not go out of my way to go to Beaches & Cream just to order from their to go window. The same things offered there can be found at other places, like the Plaza Ice Cream Parlour at MK for example.

With an ADR, you can order food or just ice cream. They have much better options from inside than what the walk up window offers.

We've been 3 different trips. The first time we made the mistake of ordering a meal and ice cream for each of us. BIG mistake. Next 2 visits we ordered 2 meals for the 4 of us and a kitchen sink. I could do without any meal at all. The ice cream is filing enough, but DH insists on protein...blah, blah, blah.

GET A DISNEY VACATION QUOTE

Dreams Unlimited Travel is committed to providing you with the very best vacation planning experience possible. Our Vacation Planners are experts and will share their honest advice to help you have a magical vacation.

Let us help you with your next Disney Vacation!

facebook twitter