Beaches and Cream VS the Fountain

Sparkle51

Earning My Ears
ADR's open next month so i'm spending the morning researching, hence the multiple posts!

of the above, which would you do? we are staying at dolphin.

Not gonna lie, the "adult ice cream" at beaches and cream is currently swaying me in that direction!!

We prefer the Dolphin Fountain. We were died in the wool B&C fans for many years. Loved their burgers. But over time we noticed a downhill slide and the burgers weren't as good as they were. So we gave the Fountain a try and really liked it. Not only were the burgers much better than B&C but they had some other good options like a philly cheese steak. Also, you probably don't need an ADR for the Fountain.

ADR's open next month so i'm spending the morning researching, hence the multiple posts!

of the above, which would you do? we are staying at dolphin.

Not gonna lie, the "adult ice cream" at beaches and cream is currently swaying me in that direction!!
If the scale tips in one direction because of a particular menu item (i.e., 'hard-soda' float), that's as good a reason as any to make a restaurant selection.

But you can buy hard-soda at a store-near-you. And like most every Disney-operated place, the ice cream is from Edy's (also available at a store-near-you).

The soda fountain motif at Beaches'n'Cream is certainly a throwback to a different era, but the food & ice cream are nothing special.

We stay at the Dolphin and prefer the artisanal (hand scooped, not the soft-serve) ice cream from The Fountain, but the food is no better than Beaches and the ambiance is not as charming. FWIW, Fountain also serves 'adult' ice cream.

https://www.swandolphinrestaurants.com/menus/pdf/fountain-icecream.pdf

We prefer the food and the ice cream at the Fountain. I also like the fact that you can, typically, simply do a walk-up there. I always prefer flexibility on vacation. If you are looking for alcoholic ice cream options, head over to Ample Hills on the Boardwalk. Best ice cream on property, IMHO.

The Fountain is great! And we had stayed at the Dolphin with the $50 AAA hotel credit, so even better! The meal has great options, and then we kept stopping at the ice cream counter other days. Plus, sweet potato fries at meal, yum.

The fountain also gives a DVC discount

GET A DISNEY VACATION QUOTE

Dreams Unlimited Travel is committed to providing you with the very best vacation planning experience possible. Our Vacation Planners are experts and will share their honest advice to help you have a magical vacation.

Let us help you with your next Disney Vacation!

facebook twitter