Beaches & Cream - Walk-in dessert

mevelandry

DIS Veteran
Hi!

Is it still possible to get only ice cream (walk-in?) I think there was a counter the last time I went in 2015. I wonder if it's still the case?

I thought of booking a reservation but there was no availabilities that day.

Thanks in advance!

Hi!

Is it still possible to get only ice cream (walk-in?) I think there was a counter the last time I went in 2015. I wonder if it's still the case?

Thanks in advance!

There is a take-out window, but they don't serve the full menu. Here is allearsnet's menu for the window: http://allears.net/dining/menu/beaches-and-cream-soda-shop/snacks/

If you don't see what you want on that menu, you'll need an ADR. Seating is too limited for walk-ups.

You can indeed place an order via the walk-up counter. My personal favorite is the No Way Jose.

According to reports, Beaches & Cream will be closed from August - December 2019 for refurbishments. I have read during the refurbishment there may be a temporary location available for guests but that is unconfirmed.

Another nearby option is Ample Hills Creamery at Disney’s BoardWalk Resort or L’Artisan des Glaces at Epcot’s France pavilion.

Does anybody know the size of the Mickey Sink? (Seems expensive for a small bowl of ice cream).

There is a walk-up counter. During the refurbishment (starting in August) the plan is that they will have a location available for walk-up ice cream as well.

Currently, the walk-up counter can make you just about any item they serve in the main dining area except for the kitchen sink and the new specialtly shakes. They do have the Mickey kitchen sink at the walk-up counter currently.

Does anybody know the size of the Mickey Sink? (Seems expensive for a small bowl of ice cream).
It holds 3 scoops of ice cream, pineapple topping, strawberry topping, peanut butter, hot fudge, whipped cream, a brownie, Oreo cookies, chocolate shavings, sprinkles, and cherries. 2-4 people (depending on appetite) could easily split one.

ETA the full Kitchen Sink sundae served in their dining room is 5 scoops of ice cream.

It would be nice to be able to order a few ice cream sundaes from the regular menu. :) I love the Fudge Mudslide!

It would be nice to be able to order a few ice cream sundaes from the regular menu. :) I love the Fudge Mudslide!
They'll be able to do that the current walk-up counter (what happens at the temporary location during refurbishment remains to be seen but I would imagine that would also be a possibility then). They have made me sundaes off the regular menu any time I've asked. They always come with the warning that "it's smaller than what you get in the dining room" but I have never found that to be the case. My "smaller" No Way Jose easily fed 2 of us last time.

Hi!

Thanks in advance!

There is a counter window where you can get limited ice cream items, but we have always been able to be a 'walk in' for a counter/bar seat. We go once or twice every trip for ice cream, and most times we don't have a very long wait, sometimes are seated immediately.

We had a lunch ADR on Thursday 2/7/19 and were surprised that only about 5 of the 10 tables were occupied. :confused3

We had a lunch ADR on Thursday 2/7/19 and were surprised that only about 5 of the 10 tables were occupied. :confused3

I have a feeling that B&C is one of those places who suffers the most from no shows. Pretty much every time we had ADR (or just walked-in), the place was only half full even tough they were all reserved.

I've seen that at so many restaurants, particularly at lunch. In August, Sci-Fi had maybe 1/3 of the tables occupied when we were there for lunch.

Another issue at B&C is that because it's at a resort, people book it early because it's popular and then hold onto it until the night before when they decide they don't want to leave a park for lunch, or that they're going elsewhere based on FP but never canceled it back when they book FP. Currently I'm able to snag any one of 3 lunch ADR's for tomorrow for a party of 4.

GET A DISNEY VACATION QUOTE

Dreams Unlimited Travel is committed to providing you with the very best vacation planning experience possible. Our Vacation Planners are experts and will share their honest advice to help you have a magical vacation.

Let us help you with your next Disney Vacation!

facebook twitter