~*Bean's 10th Birthday Trip*~PTR

CrAzY4DL

Mommy, you magic-ed my heart!
Cast of Characters:
DH (36)
Me (34)
Bean (almost 10)-10 is a big deal in our house. Double digits, woot!

Journey:
Traveling from Modesto to San Diego for 1 night for a day at the Zoo
3 nights/2 days at Disneyland

Dates of travel:
Tuesday, April 30th to Saturday, May 4th

Hotels:
I'll post this after our trip. Might be kind of creepy to give out our exact locations AND travel dates, LOL.

DH and I:

Recent Bean:

Beans first trip, age 2.5:

Beans 6th birthday trip:

Ok, have errands to run, kids to pick up and a MLB game with my Dad so I hope to give our background and some of the planning that went into this trip.

So, backstory. We've always taken our girls to Disneyland for their 3rd, 6th and 10th birthdays. DD13 got to take a friend at 6 (her cousin/bestie) and again at 10 (bestie). Poor Bean didn't get to do that at 6 because none of her friends parents would let them be gone that long at so young (understandable). We really were hoping that her best friend would be allowed to go at 10 but alas! Not happening. So we decided to make her 10th birthday trip an "All About Bean" trip. Instead of the usual 3 days at Disneyland, we're doing 1 day at the San Diego Zoo, since she's 1-never been and 2-a HUGE animal nut. Like, thinks she is half wolf, hahaha. She's disappointed that her friend can't go but very excited for the Zoo and also for not having to do any rides that she doesn't want to do.

The Plan:
Tuesday morning drive to San Diego, check into hotel, eat dinner at Hodad's and swim at hotel pool. Changed our reservation today from a 2 queen room to a King Jr Suite so Bean will have her own room and TV and Mom and Dad can have some privacy.

Wednesday-check out of hotel, go to Zoo until 6pm close, head to Anaheim. I've looked at Zoo menus and whatnot and have no idea what we will eat here during the day. I'm not so fussed about it, to be honest. We went to the SD Zoo in 2002 with DD13 and it was NOT a great experience so I'm keeping my expectations looooow this time around, haha.
Check into favorite Anaheim hotel (1 bedroom "apartment", complete with kitchen and sofa bed for the Bean in the living room). Maybe eat dinner at Varsity Burgers.

Thursday-DCA Day! Bean has never been to Carsland so this day will be F-U-N and Radiator Springs Racers is my new favorite ride so I'm very excited to finally take a kid here. I've done my RideMax schedules (only like 6 of them, with and without Soarin' on the list, thank you very much non-complying-with-DOSH-Disney for removing Beans very favorite ride from the lineup!) and we have our meals planned. RideMax was SUPER accommodating with all of the breaks I scheduled. We plan to do breakfast at Flo's, lunch at Earl of Sandwich (and take it to the Aladdin show line), dinner at Pacific Wharf and maybe a snack at Ghirardelli and/or Cozy Cones popcorn. We plan to see Aladdin, the parade and World of Color. I don't think Bean has seen Aladdin or the parade, and DH and I haven't seen WoC so new stuff all around.

Friday-DL Day! Again, RideMax was very accommodating of all of our breaks. We plan on doing breakfast at Earl of Sandwich, lunch at the Stage Door Cafe and watching Billy Hill and the Hillbillies, which will be new for Bean, and dinner at Cafe Orleans which is my favorite. "Hello Monte Cristo, yes it is I, Mrs Josh, we meet yet again! Please be sure to head directly to my thighs, as usual". Snack will be jalapeno Mickey pretzels, woot woot! We plan on seeing Billy Hill, the parade, fireworks and Fantasmic! Bizzy bizzy day!

Saturday-sleep in FINALLY! Check out of hotel and head to Georgies Donuts (I've promised to bring DD13 some donut holes home and I need about 20 ham and cheese croissants and their chocolate donut holes are my favorite thing so, yeah a trip here is necessary), Coffee Bean and Tea Leaf and then DTD for 2 hours of free parking (or is it 3?) and some shopping. We'll eat lunch at Earl of Sandwich (oh yes, it's our favorite! The only sammy joint that can compare up here is Ike's Place) and then head on home. Would be nice to get home about 8pm and we can pick up DD2 and DD13.

And that's JyliBeans 10th birthday trip, in a nutshell! I would have loved to go closer to her actual birthday (May 20) but there is too much going on then with end of school stuff and Grad Nites. Plus it's nice to utilize her child price for one more trip, hahaha! I'm hoping for fun and relaxing, no drama. I'm sad that Soarin' and Space Mountain are currently closed, that's a bummer but we are prepared if it opens, or stays closed. Hope to have you all stop by after the trip, maybe something we did or experience can help someone else out, or simply fill a DL fix that I know I always get!

Hmm I didn't realize that my signature still had my trip report from a surprise trip Bean and I took in 2007 when she was almost 4. How funny!

Well beans, if that isn't just the most typical thing ever! Went to Target today and used my RedCard to get my 5% off of our Disney gift cards, get home and my additional 5% Pharmacy rewards certificate had come in the mail.

Well played, Universe.
:rotfl2::hyper::rotfl:

2.5 days to go, woot! Went to Target and bought some breakfast stuff. Just need to pick up a quart of milk, some apples and bananas to round out a few breakfasts/snacks and make some sandwiches for the drive down Tuesday (DH does not do so well with fast food tho I could live off of Taco Bell.)

Got DD13 and DD2 all squared away with where they will be staying and their schedules worked out (DD13 plays softball and swims). Bean got her independent study packet on Friday, hopefully can cram in as much in as possible on Monday.

As of yesterday, DH and Bean are on VACATION!! Mama, not so much. Oh well, the planning and packing is half the fun...

So exciting that you are almost on your way!! Re: the pharmacy voucher - isn't that always the way! Sounds like Bean will have a great trip, even without a friend along. Enjoy!!

Glad to know someone else take their kids separate. I am going next week and taking my boys 9 and 10. I think it's the perfect age for them to remember it!

We've loved taking them separate. I think we've only done an all 4 of us trip once or twice and we haven't taken any kids since DD2 came along. May will be Beans trip (just me, DH and Bean) and then October will be DD2s birthday trip but we will take all 5 of us plus my parents.

If I had known I was at all close on my pharmacy rewards I would have waited until the last possible moment, HAHAHA!!

GET A DISNEY VACATION QUOTE

Dreams Unlimited Travel is committed to providing you with the very best vacation planning experience possible. Our Vacation Planners are experts and will share their honest advice to help you have a magical vacation.

Let us help you with your next Disney Vacation!

Latest posts

facebook twitter