Beastly Kingdom 5th park

Status
Not open for further replies.

disneysource11

Mouseketeer
Beastly Kingdom 5th park

Beastly Kingdom (possibly Dominion) will be the 5th park in Disney World. Unless they decide to go with Dark Dominion (villain park). The newest theme park Disney's Beastly Dominion will be located right next to AK, its sister park.

Sister parks have been discussed for all 4 parks with ramps and parking decks connecting the sets. The new parks would be similar opposites of the originals.

Magic Kingdom (heroes) & Dark Dominion (villains)
Epcot (futureworld/world showcase) & ? (pastworld/america showcase)
Animal Kingdom (animals) & Beastly Dominion (fantasy animals)

Surprisingly it would be Animal Kingdom who would get their sister park first. From what I've heard, Beastly Kingdom may not be completely dead. For the park and the Dragon section to be greenlit Dragon Empire and Onward will have to do good at the box office. It would have a similar layout to its sister park Animal Kingdom. With a mix of real and fantasy animals throughout the property.

The lands would consist of a central Dragon section (Discovery Island), Egypt (Africa), Australia (Asia), a Stars Wars snow planet (Dinoland) and Fantasia (Pandora).

A dark volcanic mountain will be the main icon for Beastly Dominion. It will be reminiscent of the mountain in disneysea, but vastly darker. Inside it would be a ride much like disneysea’s Journey to the Center of the Earth, but with a different type of ride vehicle.

The pyramid ride in “Egypt” meanwhile will be one of the other big time attractions in the park and will showcase mythical creatures. Like Sphynx's and other legendary creatures of Egyptian lore. The land will also feature real animals as well though like Camels, Cobras and other desert dwelling animals.

Roaring Rapids"is going to be the E-ticket for “Australia”. The main star of the attraction will be gigantic Crocodile, that attacks anyone who dears to travel on his river.

Fantasia” will have 2 main attractions. One of them being the Fantasia boat ride and the other one would be “Bald Mountain”, a rollercoaster/water ride based on one of the most famous scenes from the film. A little village and its inhabitants sit below the mountain unbeknownst to what lurks within it. Chernabog, the main antagonist is a large gargoyle-like demon who lives within the mountain. He eventually emerges from the peak of Bald Mountain where he is perched. From it he summons many dark creatures like demons, hags, and harpies that visitors will come across on their voyage through the caverns.

The secondary unheadliner attractions in the “Fantasia” section are the already aforementioned ones from the early days of planning. The animatronic of the Unicorn in the cave (which is like the setting in Paris) and the adjacent maze. Also planned as well is the Lochness Landing restaurant, which hopefully doesn't serve Lochness on the menu.

The “Star Wars” section at Beastly Dominion is rumored to be an ice planet. Possibly Hoth or a New One based on a planet from a future film or television show. The land may include Taun Tauns, a Wampa and other cold climate creatures.

I don’t have the snack locations, but the restaurant listing would consist of the following.

Dragon Section – Dragon Fire Pizza (Quick)
Fantasia – Lochness Landing (Quick)
Star Wars – Unnamed Star Wars (Table)
Australia – Tucker’s Takeaway (Quick)
Egypt – Cafe Cairo (Table)

No idea if it will happen but I would certainly visit that park as described.

I feel like sister parks would cause confusion among the typical Disney tourist though.

Not holding my breath waiting considering how much money Disney has already committed to upgrades everywhere else. They have a lot of unused/unutilized in the existing parks right now.

I swear that we see this same post on a regular basis. ;)

I do truly believe that WDW needs a 5th gate to keep up with all of the resorts (both new and add-ons to existing resorts) they are forever building. They keep filling the resorts, so the demand is there, but those guests want to go to the parks and at certain times of year (and those "certain times" are becoming most of the time) the parks are already so crowded. New lands are only a bit of a help, they they tend to only really involve *some* new park space, as they tend to be built in areas where former attractions are removed first. There's only so much crowd control you can do in a limited space. At some point, you need to either stop increasing the number of guests or you need someplace new to put them. :)

Plus, given the opening dates of the 4 major parks...'71, '82, '89, & '98, we are "overdue" for another major park. ;) (Yes, I certainly realize that at some point, no matter how "overdue" we may be, they just simply won't have the space to continue opening new parks.)

All of that being said, all rumors regarding a 5th gate are just that. Rumors. :)

I actually have seen this rumor on another forum. I don’t think it’s true, but it would be amazing if it was. It still makes me cry that Eisner went with Dinoland rather than Beastly Kingdomme. But they wanted to create some publicity for their really bad dino film. So Beastly Kingdomme was shelved like one of those crates in the Indiana Jones movie.

I actually love the idea of Beastly Dominion more than a Villain one. Partly it's because I'm still jonesing for Beastly 21 years later. Eisner stupidly picked Dinoland over it and really robbed us of a great land.

But maybe if it becomes a whole new park that'll make up for it.

I swear that we see this same post on a regular basis. ;)

I do truly believe that WDW needs a 5th gate to keep up with all of the resorts (both new and add-ons to existing resorts) they are forever building. They keep filling the resorts, so the demand is there, but those guests want to go to the parks and at certain times of year (and those "certain times" are becoming most of the time) the parks are already so crowded. New lands are only a bit of a help, they they tend to only really involve *some* new park space, as they tend to be built in areas where former attractions are removed first. There's only so much crowd control you can do in a limited space. At some point, you need to either stop increasing the number of guests or you need someplace new to put them. :)

Plus, given the opening dates of the 4 major parks...'71, '82, '89, & '98, we are "overdue" for another major park. ;) (Yes, I certainly realize that at some point, no matter how "overdue" we may be, they just simply won't have the space to continue opening new parks.)

All of that being said, all rumors regarding a 5th gate are just that. Rumors. :)

I agree, Disney World has become unbearable crowd-wise even during the least crowded months. I know the expansions are great, but they aren't enough. We need a 5th gate to spread people out.

I remember January used to be a Ghost town. But now you got people every where, eating Dole Whips, taking pictures with Purple Walls. I used to dream about moving down there. But the hordes of the living has changed my mind about making the permanent trip.

I would love to see a dedicated section for the animals like Animal has with Africa and Asia. It's always fun seeing the Gorillas and Tigers, with the latter ones behind thick glass of course.

Last edited:
The first 3 IP’s that the park will be built around are “Dragon Empire”, “Onward” and “Star Wars”. I’m not sure what else they will have down the pipeline in that department though. There has been talk also of "Bald Mountain" (Fantasia) being made into a film as well.

Last edited:
TO BE CLEAR...this is made up fiction which is different than a rumor

I SO agree with you. I just don't understand why this person thinks this is okay to post and whenever they feel the need.

Why hasn’t this been moved to the rumors board?

Read the above reply I pulled. This is FAR from a rumor. It's someone making up things on the DIS. Because believe me, if Disney had any intention of doing anything like this....we would have DEFINITELY heard it from a source affiliated with them, not some random DISer here on this forum.

I stand corrected...they are not making things up...in a manner of speaking. The Beastly Kingdom was a park that Disney put on the backburner. It was supposed to be I believe the second phase of AK or even before AK. There is absolutely nothing that I can find that shows this park EVER being done anytime soon.

The Land Before AVATAR: What Disney's Animal Kingdom Almost Had
By Brian Krosnick, Thursday, October 17, 2013 23:33

In 2017, Pandora – The World of AVATAR became the newest must-see destination at Walt Disney World Resort... a shining example of what Imagineering can accomplish. Designers constructed a vast, distant alien world of endless peaks, floating mountains, extraterrestrial flora and fauna, and two spectacular new Disney dark rides. Met with critical acclaim and industry-wide praise, Pandora is a surefire hit...

But that's surprising to many Disney fans who, since 2011, have simply detested the idea of a permanent land themed to James Cameron's 2009 sci-fi adventure film Avatar coming to Disney's Animal Kingdom.

Just think back... Since 2011, Disney Parks fans have... well... had a hard time coming to terms with the idea. What is it about PANDORA – The World of Avatar that earned such vitriol from Disney fans? If you asked, they would've said that the film’s time had come and gone; that Avatar will never be engrained in pop culture (see the scathing article by Slate aptly titled "Why People Don't Care About Avatar") and that it simply doesn't deserve a massive, permanent land at a Disney park.

And while the film is the highest grossing film of all time, many chalk its impressive box office earnings up to its position as the first major 3D wide release film and the "you've gotta see it" grassroots conversations that bolstered attendence. But staying power? Don't expect it. Even with three sequels officially in (much-delayed) production, people just aren't excited about Avatar as an intellectual property.

But dissatisfaction with Avatar is not the only reason fans dreaded Pandora. Clues scattered around the park, its parking lot, its logo, and even 1998 McDonalds Happy Meal toys hide perhaps the biggest reason that Disney fans lament the new Avatar land: It’s not the first idea Disney had for what to build on the land originally occupied by Camp Minnie-Mickey.

Something Original
The park’s official opening day dedication called for the park to be a “kingdom of animals... real, ancient and imagined: a kingdom ruled by lions, dinosaurs and dragons.” And before the park opened in 1998, Disney Imagineers were certain the park would one day house those “imagined” creatures in a very impressive land called Beastly Kingdom.

Beastly Kingdom would be the anchor of Animal Kingdom’s “Phase II” expansion – a massive addition to breath new life into the park soon after its original opening, after it had gotten its feet wet and earned back a bit of its massive budget. Of course, Beastly Kingdom never materialized, and PANDORA is now certain to take over its spot. But why do Disney fans so love the idea of Beastly Kingdom? What did it include?

Imagine If You Will...

Beastly Kingdom is indeed one of the most impressive never-built lands at a Disney Park. It’s incredibly dynamic, comprised of two very different but very complimentary sub-lands. Upon entering Beastly Kingdom, you would be presented with two very different paths.

To the left, a winding, dark, forested passage littered with the remains of charred suits of armor, lances plunged into the ground, and steamy vents. This dark and earthy path leads to the base of a crumbling stone tower. We’ll start there, following the darkly wooded path of creeping vines and Medieval lanterns.

Emerging from the forest, you’d be surrounded in a Medieval village of cold stone pubs and thatch-roofed markets, all lit by flaming torches as jagged dark rocks jut out of the ground. This hamlet – strangely warm and welcoming for its bleakness – would be overseen by a twisted, sinister castle tower and "Stonehenge" style plaza.

This is the land’s most recognizably “dark” icon, Dragon’s Tower. Inside is Animal Kingdom’s E-ticket, a dark-ride / roller coaster hybrid through the dragon’s keep, past its gold stores, and along the bat-filled rocky corridors of the surrounding caves.

Dragon’s Tower would be a true “thrill ride,” braved only by those who like their roller coasters to pack a punch. Like Universal's Revenge of the Mummy, Dragon's Tower would likely have been a dark ride / coaster hybrid passing through dark caverns, ancient collapsing chambers, and even the dreaded dragon's den.

Some artwork instead depicts the ride as an inverted coaster (more along the line of Kings Island's Banshee) or even a swinging suspended coaster (like Cedar Point's Iron Dragon). In this later concept, guests would've joined a host of bats bent on stealing the dragon's treasure.

Either way, Dragon's Challenge would've been the park's main thrill ride - a role later filled by Expedition: Everest instead. And put simply, if you replace the Yeti with a fire-breathing dragon and a snowy mountain with a Medieval tower, you might have a pretty good idea of what Dragon's Tower would've been.

But wait! In fairytales and legends of old, evil never triumphs. So this dark and sinister portion of Beastly Kingdom would only be the first half. The second section of Beastly Kingdom would be something markedly different. So let's continue to the second half of Beastly Kingdom where a much different group of creatures awaits.

(I had to delete the image links as I guess it's one of the websites not allowed on the DIS? Moderators if the article is not okay, please delete)

Last edited:
Status
Not open for further replies.

GET A DISNEY VACATION QUOTE

Dreams Unlimited Travel is committed to providing you with the very best vacation planning experience possible. Our Vacation Planners are experts and will share their honest advice to help you have a magical vacation.

Let us help you with your next Disney Vacation!

facebook twitter