What's better?

• A personal fan

Votes: 6 26.1%
  • A cooling towel

Votes: 6 26.1%
  • Both!

Votes: 11 47.8%

• Total voters
Yesterday at AK , I think the Joffreys Peach Tea Drink with extra cup of ice on side saved my life plus it was great taste.
( Better than SBX peach tea drink ) ... Definitely a Joffreys fan from now on!

We use misting water bottles we got from Target. Easy to refill with ice water in the parks. We take a backpack cooler with us and also freeze the lunch box freezer pack to use to cool us down as well. And we drink Liquid IV to stay hydrated. YOu can get it Costco and it is much more effective than Propel.

The most effective tip is go to Disney other then during the summer. Florida is ALWAYS hot/humid in the summer and you will enjoy your vacation more at some other time of the year.
Yes but this summer, with near empty parks, is irresistible. And I had Covid in March so not that big a worry for me.

(I picked it up at my doctor's office. I had super mild symptoms until the second week. I wasn't notified until 5 days after my exposure and had no clue, but I was afraid I'd catch it and was obsessive about following the guidelines, so when they did my contact tracing they determined I gave it to no one. I'm still obsessive about following the guidelines because even a mild case I wouldn't wish on anyone. Wear masks!)

Think I will still pass. There is currently NO evidence that having Covid provides future immunity. Even without Covid being an issue, we would never go to Disney in the Summer. No amount of water/hats/towels will make it any more enjoyable at such a HOT time of the year.

Last edited:

Costco is selling Arctic Cooling Towels for $20, 4 pack. I live in Texas so I know about summer heat. I used a cooling towels last weekend and it definitely helps but you have to keep it moist for it to work best.

Costco is selling Arctic Cooling Towels for $20, 4 pack. I live in Texas so I know about summer heat. I used a cooling towels last weekend and it definitely helps but you have to keep it moist for it to work best.
Thats a great price! We've never used these, so I'm a novice to their use. For our upcoming trip, I bought the Frogg Toggs Chilly Pad "wraps" (thin strips) to, I suppose, drape across back of neck and down chest. With the full-sized "towels" what's the best way to use these? I guess if you're wearing a tank top you could drape over shoulders. But do you do this also if you are wearing a tee shirt? Doesn't the tee shirt get wet? I guess what I'm saying is if you only have so much bare skin showing, how are the bigger towels used?

Opolar personal fans! I have terrible hot flashes and these are my saving grace.

I like a powerful neck fan, or a fan that attaches to your belt and the hand held fan that will fold to put on a table.

This brand has great powerful air flow, rechargeable and can buy extra batteries.

just found this thread and trying to get more beat the heat tips. we are going end of next week and to be 88 to 94. this isnt what march is supposed to be. quite annoying. i hate when its this hot in PA but i cannot imagine it in FL. with 1 park full im tempted to reschedule and get all 4 available in am month even. sigh.

Neither. Water is my savior from dehydration and heat.

The less you carry, the more comfortable your experience will be.

They also have tested the efficacy of those “cooling” towels, it is a gimmick but the fabric used. You don’t want to be walking around sloppy and dripping wet inside the park.

Last edited:
so i canceled my mid march trip since it was going to be 90ish and i'm glad i did. much cooler in april. was there last week. 1 day of moderate rain. 2nd day had heavy rain for an extended period and 3rd day zero rain. 1st and 2nd days were lower 70s but crazy humidity. i HATE heat but the 85 degree day was so much better than the 72 degree rain day . was sweating bad 1st two days. 3rd day nope. you people that are forced to vacation in the heat deserve medals. i cannot imagine 80s and 90s with any humidity. id collapse

Lots of water to stay hydrated, a personal fan, pool time, sit down dinners and more indoor experiences like the Country Bear Jamboree, Hall of Presidents or the Living Seas aquarium in Epcot. Also take midday breaks if possible to relax at the resort.

Lots of water to stay hydrated, a personal fan, pool time, sit down dinners and more indoor experiences like the Country Bear Jamboree, Hall of Presidents or the Living Seas aquarium in Epcot. Also take midday breaks if possible to relax at the resort.
As much as my kids hate it.. small world has amazing AC. My boys think the dolls are creepy lol
I'm looking forward to laugh floor opening back up as well.
We are rope drop people so about 11am we go back to our resort for lunch. We go back to the park about 2. It is really nice having that break... it's really great on the parks that are open late.
At Animal Kingdom we just go have lunch in a restaurant because they have short hours.

The most effective tip is go to Disney other then during the summer. Florida is ALWAYS hot/humid in the summer and you will enjoy your vacation more at some other time of the year.

I'm not OP but I'm a teacher so I have to go in summer. That, or fight the big crowds during winter brea/spring break.

GET A DISNEY VACATION QUOTE

Dreams Unlimited Travel is committed to providing you with the very best vacation planning experience possible. Our Vacation Planners are experts and will share their honest advice to help you have a magical vacation.

Let us help you with your next Disney Vacation!