Beauty and The Beast Song (2017 version)

A. Mara Ziwadie

Mouseketeer
Regarding the remake with Ariana Grande and John Legend, there is nothing at all legendary about it. Look to the previous for a classic. I heard clips of this a few times, but today on the radio, I heard the full song. I feel it's terrible. There are some things that just shouldn't be done (or in this case, redone). It's evident Disney did this to turn over a good profit, and for that, I'll label this song a sell-out.

It's a bit over produced, as well, and that makes it all the more evident that they were trying so hard. They were trying to somehow make it different, but capture the same as they did with the previous. Not happening!

Finally, there are a lot of "ooo"s and "ooohhh"s, and at one point John Legend shouts "yeah!" after carrying a note (which sounds like a mistake but the songs editors just went with it). :rockband:

The original song is definitely a classic, though I don't find the new one too bad. I've listened to it a few times, but after watching the original movie, I played that version a ton of times.

GET A DISNEY VACATION QUOTE

Dreams Unlimited Travel is committed to providing you with the very best vacation planning experience possible. Our Vacation Planners are experts and will share their honest advice to help you have a magical vacation.

Let us help you with your next Disney Vacation!

facebook twitter