Bed comfort

paladin

DIS Veteran
In January, we stayed at Animal Kingdom - Jambo House. We loved the resort, but HATED the beds. We were so uncomfortable that we would wake up in pain in the middle of the night. (Not a DVC room, if that makes a difference).

We are now planning another stay and the only places available are Wilderness Lodge (our favorite) or All Star Sports (would certainly be cheaper), but I am worried that the mattresses would be like they were at AKL.

Anyone who has been to either of the above mentioned recently care to comment on mattresses? I know that comfort is subject and I usually sleep pretty well on anything, but the ones at AKL were SO bad and I don't want to run into the same issue.

Thanks for any recent experiences.

We just got back from a split stay at WL and AKL. I loved the bed at WL, it was so soft. I wish ours at home was like it. My husband has back and shoulder problems so he likes a firm mattress. The bed at AKL was harder, not rock solid, just more firm. So my husband liked it better.
The boys 17 and 12 didn't notice any difference. Ah to be young again!
We stayed at POP in May and we both thought the bed was find. We also did a split stay at ASMu and we both hated that bed. For one, they were double beds. The mattress was also rock hard. I woke up sore everyday. Even my DH didn't like it. Although, he didn't hate them as much as I did.
We also stated at FQ and we both liked that bed as well.
I think even at the same resort, you can have different experiences with the beds. It will depend on how old the bed is. New or broken in? So, ymmv.

The old beds at the value resorts are like rocks. Our backs ached when we slept on them. The newer beds at Pop and Movies are pretty great, and they are now queen sized. Maybe you can try looking at 3rd party sites and see if you can find something at Movies or Pop?

We love Walt Disney Resort beds. We have stayed at AKL, several times, WL, CSR, several times, OKW, CBR, YC and SSR several times and beds are always the thing I wish I could put in my case:). Fortunately we have never had a bad experience. Not much help I know but just my experience.

I generally don’t notice much of a difference between resorts. That said, the most uncomfortable bed I’ve encountered was a king bed at the Polynesian. The mattress had seen better days and was sagging a lot. What I notice far more than the beds are the pillows. I find lots of the resorts have very uncomfortable pillows, which I find affects my sleep far more than the mattress I’m sleeping on. Some resorts have such flat pillows, I find stacking two together is comfortable. It’s a problem, though, when the pillows are uncomfortable with just one but too much under my neck with two. I love pillows at the Pop Century so much that I wrote down the brand/style after a stay there and ordered some for home!

The best beds for comfort, IMO, are at the Swan/Dolphin. We have had good and bad mattresses at many of the WDW resorts. We have always had very comfortable beds at the Swan (queens) and Dolphin (doubles). Usually the beds are a little better at the deluxe resorts, but that isn't always the case. If you get a room with poor, older, sagging beds, you can always request a move and hope for something better.

Good luck!

I have found that certain DVC resorts have really uncomfortable beds, one I can think of are the Poly DVC mattresses which are rock hard to me. I stayed in AKL (non-DVC room) in June, and while the mattress wasn't like sleeping on a cloud it was still pretty comfy and I slept well on it. My favorite mattresses have been in recently remodeled rooms with Movies being probably the best bed I've slept on in years (it was also fresh off its refurb and had probably hardly been slept on). That being said, as has already been stated, bed comfort is totally subjective. My husband loves a firm bed, I love a soft bed, so we both always have differing opinions on whether or not our bed was comfortable or not on our stays.

Both beds at the Pop (regular and pull down) are very comfortable, and of course both queen sized.

GET A DISNEY VACATION QUOTE

Dreams Unlimited Travel is committed to providing you with the very best vacation planning experience possible. Our Vacation Planners are experts and will share their honest advice to help you have a magical vacation.

Let us help you with your next Disney Vacation!

facebook twitter