bed size

planningjollyholiday

DIS Veteran
Trying to figure out what kind of room we would need. We are two adults, a 10 year old and a 4 year old. Contemplating the DLH or miracosta. Are the standard beds a double/full size. If so, my 4 year old and I could share a bed, my DH would have his own bed, and then my 10 year could use the trundle, meaning we only need a room that accommodates 3 people. Is that how it works? Or do we still need to order a room that would fit 4 people? So confused....

Never mind, mira costa is completely booked for my May dates except for the suites that we can't afford, and I was able to figure out the DLH room we would need. Now I just have to decide if we should pay extra to stay onsite or if we should stay at the hilton.
One more question, wich room is nicer, the peter pan room or a standard alcove room?

I think I'm in a Peter Pan room literally as I type this. That's what I booked but could never figure out what it meant and there isn't any Peter Pan theming so I have no idea. What I do know is that the hotel is gorgeous, the room is gorgeous, and I have an awesome view of the bay. Two good double beds and the couch folds out to a double bed. There is a lot of space in the room. It's incredibly well appointed. Super happy with it.

The Peter Pan room details are subtle. I think the silhouette pictures on the wall are the most obvious. Looking for the other details in the wallpaper and the bed spreads are akin to looking for hidden mickeys.

I think the beds are small, I call them twin plus. You can bedshare with a small child (I think up to 11 y.o.). I shared with my 6 y.o. and it was definitely snug (and I'm pretty small). We get alcove rooms for our family of four so everyone can have their own bed. The one time we did bed share is because my MIL came along for a visit with us and it was the only way we could have 5 people in the room. We book on points via DVC. Every time we have stayed there, we always end up with a room facing the fountain in front of the entrance to the hotel. I don't know if it because we are DVC or what, but we always end up with the same view!

Either way - I love TDLH. It is absolutely beautiful! You will love it!

Just booked MiraCosta for 5 days 7/6-7/11 with DVC points. Requested Venice view but may get Tuscany from your experience. This was almost 6 months out as our first choice was June at 5 months out. TLH for 3 days only thing available with DVC :( Since they know it's a family of 4 (DS 11 & DD 9), we should get 2 twins with a trundle, right? Would prefer 4 beds as adults are 6 ft., but kids are still skinny. It's difficult at best to get much info on bed sizes and numbers, especially for DVC members as they don't have much info either. Just like anything else in life, "Pay your money and take your chances".

Looking forward to the trip as we won't be spending to much awake time in room facing water fountain :) Can't waiting to try the popcorn and other snacks and meals around the resort. Kids may go hungry, but hey, 60 million people aren't starving in Japan.

Glad to hear about hopper pass option for Disney Resort guests. Haven't deceived yet, but the price difference isn't that bad. The over all ticket prices are great and the yen is still falling. Not a deal breaker, it just means we can bring home more trinkets!

I don't know if you already looked at these links but if not, maybe they will help. Unfortunately, no idea the exact sizes of a standard and a large bed. One of the documents tells you the number of beds and different classes of rooms at the TDR hotels and the other shows bed usage examples for the different configurations.

http://www.tokyodisneyresort.jp/online/en/plan/stay/spec_h.pdf

http://www.tokyodisneyresort.jp/online/en/help/contents_06.html

Don't count on using the pajamas that the hotel provides. My husband is 6'1" and even the largest pjs were comically short on him. When you check in you can request kids pjs. They fit my then 6 year old, but not my 12 year old who fit the adult small pjs. When you check in and inform them you have kids, they will also provide kid size toothbrushes which have the tiniest brush head ever!

I'm going to the Ambassador in a few weeks and will try to remember to bring my tape measure and get some measurements for you. Might not be the same bed configuration, but hopefully will provide a point of reference.

I'm jealous - I've never been able to get a room at the Mira Costa! :)

Thanks for the links.

The second one is more interesting; but, what defines a 'standard bed' in Japan. I found a site in Wikipedia under Bed Sizes (boards won't let me post a link yet, new bee). It shows dimensions but the name of beds is a little confusing. I sure hope a Japanese standard is our double or full size. If its our twin, someone is sleeping on the floor :sad:.

My wife spent a few nights in the bathtub at Sequioa Lodge in Disneyland Paris because she was having an asthma attack and needs to sleep sitting up. I'm wondering how large their tubs are now :scratchin:. By the way, our room in Paris had two double beds, dresser with TV, desk and lavatory with bath. It was not a DVC type unit as my wife was thinking it would be.

Sorry about the jealously thing. We tried to book last Thanksgiving just a few weeks prior only to find out that everything was gone and we were within the minimum 14 day booking window. We took a last minute 8-day Eastern Caribbean cruise aboard the Independence of the Seas (not a bad backup :beach:. When I looked into booking our trip just after the holidays, I almost missed the summer value season. When they say you can book up to 6 months out, they really mean it…. Ironically, I will use fewer points going in the summer than November, weather will be better and the smaller crowds :joker:.

Here's a link to a comparison chart between US/Japan/Other countries bed size.

http://www.furniture-rental-tokyo.com/useful_info/about_bed.html

Based on the link tinibee posted, I assume a standard bed is most likely a small double/double. Good enough for a parent and child but with two adults there won't be a whole lot of space to move around based on my stays in Japan with my fiancée at various Japanese hotels.

I found the sizes of the beds!

Bed Size
Regular Bed - Width 120×Length 210×height 60(cm)
Double Bed - Width 180×Length 210×height 60(cm) (※Bed Terrace Room Width 160XLength 210XHeight 60)*I think this is the bed in the alcove room*
Trundle Bed - Width 100×Length 190×Height 27(cm)
Cruise Bed - Width 84×Length 182×Height 55(cm)

http://www.tokyodisneyresort.jp/online/hotel/detail/dhm.html
(about 3/4 of the way down the page)

I was just watching a special on the TDR hotels and the MiraCosta indoor pool looks amazing!

GET A DISNEY VACATION QUOTE

Dreams Unlimited Travel is committed to providing you with the very best vacation planning experience possible. Our Vacation Planners are experts and will share their honest advice to help you have a magical vacation.

Let us help you with your next Disney Vacation!

facebook twitter