Been to HHI lately? Signals?

Simba's Mom

<font color=green>everything went to "H*** in a ha
Last I heard Signals was only open on weekends? Has anyone who's been there lately found different days? Are they open more or (God forbid!)less?

We were just there last week. You can order a limited menu from the bar daily between 11-3. You must have a mask on to order. It seems like they were using the Signals kitchen to cook the things, but the building wasn't open at all to guests. All seating is outside around the pool. One day, they were having a "technical difficulty" with the kitchen and were only offering Mickey Pretzels and Dole Whips, so we left and went back to Tide Me Over at the main resort.

We were just there last week. You can order a limited menu from the bar daily between 11-3. You must have a mask on to order. It seems like they were using the Signals kitchen to cook the things, but the building wasn't open at all to guests. All seating is outside around the pool. One day, they were having a "technical difficulty" with the kitchen and were only offering Mickey Pretzels and Dole Whips, so we left and went back to Tide Me Over at the main resort.

Thanks so much! So they're back to being open every day now? That would be terrific! Actually 11:00-3:00 have been their hours every year when we're there.

Thanks so much! So they're back to being open every day now? That would be terrific! Actually 11:00-3:00 have been their hours every year when we're there.
Just to be clear, Signals itself is not open including the interior seating space. The Sand Bar is open and essentially serving the same menu as Tide Me Over. You order and pickup at the Sand Bar. There is currently no walk up window open from the beach.

When we go, there's never any indoor seating inside, just tables out on the deck. But I don't think the Sand Bar is ever open when we go (November)

Anyone know if Signals has reopened? Or is it still a limited offering at Sand Bar?

I was there 3 weeks ago and it was still the Sand Bar serving burgers & other meals beyond snacks only F-Su for limited hours.

Just got back yesterday. You can not eat inside Signals, however, you can order from a modified menu daily and they bring it to you when it's ready. You place your order at the snack bar, which is where you can see the menu for the day. I did not see anyone eating outside the restaurant either, it looked like it was blocked off.

As of last week, Surfmen's Sand Bar is open daily (as it is throughout the year except for a short period in Jan/Feb). From Mon-Thu they serve a limited menu with some fairly heavy finger foods and, of course, drinks. On Fridays, Saturdays, and Sundays, they serve an expanded menu from Signals that includes things like burgers. You order from Surfmen's, however, and the food is brought to you. As others have noted, there is no indoor seating currently, no is any anticipated as long as Covid is an issue.

As others have noted, there is no indoor seating currently, no is any anticipated as long as Covid is an issue.
Actually, unless things have changed since we were there in early March, there is *very limited* indoor seating. There has always been a small indoor area that has comfortable seating, a television, and a fireplace. (It's always a nice respite from the heat in the dead of summer since it is air conditioned.) There are now a couple of tables in there, each with 4 or so chairs. We ate at one of those tables a couple of times while we we were there last month. And a cast member regularly came through while we were in there, wiping down the door handles, delivering food, and generally checking on us. As many have noted, DHHIR CMs are the best!

Actually, unless things have changed since we were there in early March, there is *very limited* indoor seating. There has always been a small indoor area that has comfortable seating, a television, and a fireplace. (It's always a nice respite from the heat in the dead of summer since it is air conditioned.) There are now a couple of tables in there, each with 4 or so chairs. We ate at one of those tables a couple of times while we we were there last month. And a cast member regularly came through while we were in there, wiping down the door handles, delivering food, and generally checking on us. As many have noted, DHHIR CMs are the best!
Correct. What I should have articulated is that there is no inside seating in Signals as it is closed. Yes, there are two available tables inside the den at the Beach House, as well as a couch, a couple of bench settees, and a few lounge-type chairs.

GET A DISNEY VACATION QUOTE

Dreams Unlimited Travel is committed to providing you with the very best vacation planning experience possible. Our Vacation Planners are experts and will share their honest advice to help you have a magical vacation.

Let us help you with your next Disney Vacation!