• Controversial Topics
    Several months ago, I added a private sub-forum to allow members to discuss these topics without fear of infractions or banning. It's opt-in, opt-out. Corey Click Here

Been to Kennedy Space Center post 9/11?

NandP

Nick D DIS Veteran DVC-BCV
Have you been to Kennedy Space Center since 9/11?

Have they changed thier practices or tours since then ?

If so what has changed?

I've been. Security is VERY tight now, stricter than I've seen at most airports. No backpacks or coolers allowed. No lockers provided anymore. But once inside, I didn't notice any difference in terms of security.

The main tour has been shortened, with the international space station dropped. That part is probably gone for good. As of a few weeks ago, the two specialty tours ($20 extra) had been cancelled until further notice. They hope to bring those back, but I wouldn't hold my breath. To sorta make up, they were offering two guided tours, one concentratin on the shuttle, the other concentrating on early space exploration.

Still looking for feedback....

If we spend one day at KSC, I only have 1 - 1/2 day for EPCOT... worth it?

We did KSC after getting off the Magic on 1/19. Let's just say the customer service is not Disney. We waited in line for tickets for over 20 minutes--and there were only 4 people in front of us. The security was down to 3 turnstiles--my ticket would not let me go through for some reason, so the guard (with the gun--so I listened) said go on in--jump over. Then at the security table. I had to show my cameras and how they worked, etc. The exhibits are incredible. They did offer the special $20 tour, but we didn't take it. The food is expensive (especially when you get off the ship where it is all included). 2 ham sandwiches, 2 20 oz. drinks, 2 bags of chips, a personal cheese pizza and a cup of fruit were $30.50. We had to wait in line 30 minutes for an Imax movie. As we were walking around, they took our picture--I didn't smile--too ticked off at the time & I knew I wasn't going to buy it--I didn't want to remember this trip. Anyway--turns out they decided to us our pic in all the stores that day as the "get a photo with your family" I laughed so hard when I saw my unsmiling face!! I would stick with Epcot.

GET A DISNEY VACATION QUOTE

Dreams Unlimited Travel is committed to providing you with the very best vacation planning experience possible. Our Vacation Planners are experts and will share their honest advice to help you have a magical vacation.

Let us help you with your next Disney Vacation!

facebook twitter